Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Holy fuck... Yeah teaching your wife to ski is hard enough- now add in skinning, remoteness, BC conditions and the exertion and confusion it brings??

BC =/= bunny slope dood. She's gonna fkn kill you.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Holy fuck... Yeah teaching your wife to ski is hard enough- now add in skinning, remoteness, BC conditions and the exertion and confusion it brings??

BC =/= bunny slope dood. She's gonna fkn kill you.
    quoted for truth. your GF is years away from touring anything that is actually fun to ski. years. don't spend the money. she may not pick it up as quick as you expect OR she may not like it.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I'm beginning to think you're best just skipping this equipment thing entirely and getting a new GF who can already BC ski and leave this one for someone else. BC skiing is incredibly difficult and only suitable for gnar slayers of the highest skill level. To become as proficient at it as the least proficient skier on TGR will take years, if not decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm beginning to think you're best just skipping this equipment thing entirely and getting a new GF who can already BC ski and leave this one for someone else. BC skiing is incredibly difficult and only suitable for gnar slayers of the highest skill level. To become as proficient at it as the least proficient skier on TGR will take years, if not decades.
    some people like virgins.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmunro View Post
    anyone know much about the black diamond starlets?
    My wife skis the Starlets in the BC and on pow days here in the Wasatch. A light ski for the up and it works well for her in bounds in soft snow. She is a good skier but only 4 11" and about 95 lbs and if the snow is hard pack or gets piled up unless it is light she will get thrown around on the Starlet. The tip is soft but not a one quiver ski IMO. She has FRP for bindings and likes them...

just posting here so I can be one with the dick swinging chauvinist fksticks

i'm here for the irony.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

thanks for all the helpful and humerous advice guys she ended up buying Black Diamond 176cm Starlets so I guess we'll see how that goes. Of course we'll be doing lots of resort skiing first.