POC helmets/good. What's the rep?

POC is rolling out a new road helmet this month that has me intrigued. I'm in the market for a new lid and with the recent bike-related death of a good friend, I've got no problem putting out cash for a better helmet if it exists. Is POC really known for making high quality goods? Any reason to think their designs are better than others beyond the marketing speak? Swedish company so they either have really tall hot blonds on the design and build or they're a bunch of ex Saab employees who obsess over safety. I'm fine supporting either.

New road helmet

POC web site

That giant hole in the back could be contraindicated for mountain biking. Hope it's road helmet specific.

Anyone? They make helmets for snow and mt. biking. Surprising if no one has one.

They have a great reputation for mountain biking (esp. all mountain and enduro). Kind of the "it" helmet of the moment right now. Not too well vented but great fit and protection.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Yeah, a bunch of my friends have switched to their all mountain helmet.

I just got a set of the 2.0 VPD elbow pads for lift riding, they're very comfortable. My opinion (and what I've heard from others) is that POC has premium pricing, but the protection and quality is worth the pricetag.

I generally wouldn't consider myself to be too brand loyal...but I'm totally sold on POC's products. I have the Trabec for XC, and the Cortex for DH, and all my armor is now POC. I tend to shred gear, and theirs is just really well made. After returning 2 pairs of Kali knee/shins within a week last season, I switched to the POC pads, and they've been bomber. Eventually I switched out to a POC jacket and hip pads as well.

I'd say that the helmets run a little warmer than my old Giros, but they also fit better, and are better designed. That road helmet looks super venty, but if it's anything like the mtb stuff, I'm sure it's great.

Like my Trabec. It feels like I'm actually wearing it as opposed to just sitting on my head.
    Rare for a bike helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I wanted to like the Trabec race, but the size was just off. If it fits, you'll love it.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Lance likes it.

D'OH!

Really though, I own a Trabec for XC and a Cortex for DH as well. Great helmets both. The ventilation is good for the added coverage. Their products are highly engineered and the quality is great. The biggest thing in their helmets seems to be the MIPS technology that protects against rotational forces. Doesn't look like that road helmet has it but I'm not sure if any road helmets do. FWIW I don't have it in my helmets either but I still feel that they provide better protection than the competition.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Oh FACK!

On a serious note, if I were to discover that he was an investor/owner, I'd be conflicted about owning one.

The MIPS on my Trabec Race ripped apart at one of the holes that connects to the sizing mechanism. Shot them an email asking about buying a replacement MIPS. Got an email later that day asking for an address to send a new MIPS kit, gratis. So, solid equipment and CS.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

i'm on my second Trabec Mips. i crashed a few months after buying the first and when my head hit some rocks i was happy to have a new helmet on, happened to be a Tribec Mips and did not hesitate to buy the same. i'm thinking i should buy one for skiing as well, but I have been thinking that for a couple years :-)
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.