Car Services in Boise

My friends and I are looking to do a trip to Wallowa Huts this March, but being 21 we cannot rent a car. Does anyone have any recommendations on a car service in Boise that is not super expensive? Or any other suggestions on what to do at all?

The drive itself is around 3ish hours if that helps. It would be three of us in total.

Greyhound bus terminal in DT Boise will get you to Baker City Oregon and all points in Between. Sounds like you need a chaperone.

A car service isnt out of the question, but neither of us have dealt with any out there and were hoping to get some input from some mags.

IMO its pretty ridiculous that even though were 21 we cant rent a car.

You could get to La Grande via bus or hitching and then hitch from there to Joseph. FYI-it's about four hours each way. I'm not aware of any car service that will get you all the way to Joseph or rent to hooligans but I've never tried. Joseph is off the beaten path. Maybe call the guides there to see if they would pick you up in La Grande for a fee. They are good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    IMO its pretty ridiculous that even though were 21 we cant rent a car.
    There are some car rental places that will rent to you if you are 21, but charge extra. Have you searched? For ex, Enterprise rents in Boise and charges I think $15/day for an "underage renter".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Be sure to verify whether you're going in via Joseph/Aneroid/McCully/Salt Creek/Wing Ridge/Big Sheep on the North side or via Halfway/Cornucopia/Norway/Schnieder on the South side.

Takes quite a while (1.5+ hours?) to get from one to the other in the winter.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Buy a $300 car on craigslist and just go for it.

I did a brief search but nothing too serious. Been busy with summer work and all. Ill look into this though. Thanks for the headsup

Buster brings up a good point.

We are trying to book our trip now but they have been pretty non-responsive to emails and voicemails. Our goal is the Norway Hut so hopefully we can have it booked soon.

Any suggestions on a cheap car service? Going to compare costs seeing as a car that can take 3 people and skis is about 100 per day..and we would only use the car two days.

If you're doing the Norway hut, you'll be entering through Halfway and Cornucopia. Have you checked out the taxi services from Boise like Checker or Yellow?

These guys look interesting: http://www.chroniccab.com/ with a tagline of "Rolling Up For You".
    More standard: http://www.boisecitytaxi.net/ .: We routinely dispatch to all Resorts including Sun Valley, Bogus Basin, McCall, Jackpot, and across the State of Idaho.

So there's lots of options. Have you looked?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Enterprise may not only rent to you, they may give you extra services!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k-bigpic.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	139846
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy