Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm actually honored I made it dummy profane's ignore list before Hugh!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    No. Train nerds say that his bragging was standard stuff ie more along the lines of 'damn it's cool that this train and track is authorized for this speed I'm posting...I have a cool job'.
    Oh really? Supposedly a US citizen from SLC said they have screen (like jetblue) that has gps placement and speed displayed. He said they were pretty much 120kph most of the time until the accident when it had spiked to 195kph. I think I'll take a person aboard's explanation before train nerds on teh interwebs.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Wait, but didn't you hear about that on the interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Incompetent but utterly confident. Agreed.

Dunno about Spain or Mexico.
    What, because Spain is not the next revolution /blow up country? IMO, It certainly very will might be, now (not because of this), after greece, egypt, ongoing in Syria.

These people live in FIELDS of public housing. GHETTOS, concrete fields of high rises for huge swaths of the earth.

The pigs are showing unrelenting greed over Oil.

A human, train operator, with a wanton/wonton disregard for human life- a hopelessness and despair exists when people generally have "everything" and someone can still do this.

Shits fucked, " Berko" and maybe you are part of the problem.

An energy/economy shift must occur soon, and it is highly ironic this happening to a mass transit solution attempting to disperse over populated areas energy costs, with the general human condition showing its sickness.
    Last edited by DasBlunt; 07-26-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    What, because Spain is not the next revolution /blow up country? IMO, It certainly very will might be, now (not because of this), after greece, egypt, ongoing in Syria.

These people live in FIELDS of public housing. GHETTOS, concrete fields of high rises for huge swaths of the earth.

A human, train operator, with a wanton/wonton disregard for human life- a hopelessness and despair exists when people generally have "everything" and someone can still do this.

An energy/economy shift must occur soon, and it is highly ironic this happening to a mass transit solution attempting to disperse over populated areas energy costs, with the general human condition showing its sickness.
    Dascunt:Champion of the working man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Oh really? Supposedly a US citizen from SLC said they have screen (like jetblue) that has gps placement and speed displayed. He said they were pretty much 120kph most of the time until the accident when it had spiked to 195kph. I think I'll take a person aboard's explanation before train nerds on teh interwebs.
    You may be confused. His earlier (a year ago i think?) FB bragging has apparently been misreported by some outlets as 'speeding'. The day of the derailment, however, he appears to have been exceeding the limit as you know.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    The way it came off is interesting I think. It looks like the engine holds the track and then the first (lighter) car back straight lines off and takes the back end of the engine with it. I would have guessed the engine with the momentum would jump first. Amazing footage, apparently amazing asshole at the helm.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Dascunt:Champion of the working man!
    Hey here is a guy who shows another perfect example of shift the blame!
    Terje was right.

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

So what is espanol for "Hey Y'all! Watch this!"

Hey here is a guy who shows another perfect example of shift the blame!

Really asshole?!? I'm pretty sure i've never "championed" to get a worker fired. ...A Job that pays shit, but that he did it for the love of it....

howabout you, fuckface? If anyone has been unable to accept and admit their mistakes, it's been you
    get paid

A train operator, with a wanton/wonton disregard for human life...
    Is this some kind of a joke about Asian drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is this some kind of a joke about Asian drivers?
    Nah, we have been over this before. I made the same comment once and he genuinely doesn't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Really asshole?!? I'm pretty sure i've never "championed" to get a worker fired. ...A Job that pays shit, but that he did it for the love of it....

howabout you, fuckface? If anyone has been unable to accept and admit their mistakes, it's been you
    Dude, you are mad.

That fat fuck really loved telling people to shut the fuck up.

You must me confused with the actual kids in Utah he accosted who succeeded in getting him fired, which was not me, I just posted the video on the Internet, kind of like this train crash.
    Terje was right.

What, he's fat now? Jesus, you are a river of compassion and sympathy for authority figures who rub you the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What, he's fat now? Jesus, you are a river of compassion and sympathy for authority figures who rub you the wrong way.
    I don't know if he's fat I use that instead of gay these days, it's way better

Benny , go watch the video again it was so funny I posted on the Internet
    Terje was right.

I know. Here we are, in a time when some people are seriously talking about driverless CARS not too far off in the future, jet planes flying by themselves basically by computer, and, this happens? It's a fucking train. And, the thing was built just recently. You know, sorta state of the art.
    I don't think that's the case.

From what I've read online, they have the old trains, the AVLIA (or something like that) and the new ones, the AVEs. The AVEs are the good trains that are primarily computer-controlled and will slow down automatically before turns. The one this guy was driving was purely manual-controlled yet goes the speed of the computer-controlled ones.

He knew he was going to derail while entering the turn, he says "we are humans" and something else, I can't remember. Either way, the government or train business or whoever it was decided to cut corners and instead of buying new trains, converting the old ones to be manually controlled yet still achieve the same speeds.

Also, that turn is after a long straightaway. Not easy to prepare for I guess.

I don't know if he's fat I use that instead of gay these days, it's way better

Benny , go watch the video again it was so funny I posted on the Internet
    You thought that whole affair was funny? For fucks sake, you helped rob a man of his livelihood. The only thing I want to know is if he got a job elsewhere in Utah. Then I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 07-27-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Dude, you are mad.

That fat fuck really loved telling people to shut the fuck up.

You must me confused with the actual kids in Utah he accosted who succeeded in getting him fired, which was not me, I just posted the video on the Internet, kind of like this train crash.
    I'm not mad. I'm giving you shit for being a douche.
    To say you created that thread cuz you thought it was "funny" is disingenuous to say the least. We all know what was written, and you were calling for the patrollers head.
    Unfortunately you erased the thread like the cowardly little bitch you are.
    get paid

You thought that whole affair was funny? For fucks sake, you helped rob a man of his livelihood. The only thing I want to know is if he got a job elsewhere in Utah. Then I'd be happy.
    No, he's not working in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by L7 View Post
    The way it came off is interesting I think. It looks like the engine holds the track and then the first (lighter) car back straight lines off and takes the back end of the engine with it. I would have guessed the engine with the momentum would jump first. Amazing footage, apparently amazing asshole at the helm.
    It derailed like that because at the last moment he realized he was coming too fast into the corner and tried to slow down very quickly - all that mass behind reacts by pushing into the head car.

A train can be limited in its overall speed limit, but the engineer has to slow down for the stations, signals or curves him/her self. They have cab notifications that would give them a warning but nothing that can take over like an autopilot on a plane.

I used to think this country needed high speed rail c2c, like under a day NY > CA - but now I just think we need some Jetsons or Star Trek stuff stat -
    Last edited by NoPostholio; 07-27-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

No we need pneumatic tubes like they have at Bank drive-thrus. Jules Verne explained this a long time ago.

They've updated the technology a bit since Jules Verne, now they would run on magnets, however those work.

teh tubez

Cross-country in under an hour!

Hey, I'm all for Star Trek transporters. It's possible, I guess. That show predicted the flip phone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    No, he's not working in Utah.
    How's he doing? Is he working? In the industry?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Ibut now I just think we need some Jetsons or Star Trek stuff stat -
    How about a plague that'd kill off 99% of the worlds population? Solve most problems.