Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Holy Jeebuz!!! That does it. Im in for Thurs and Friday!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

sounds like a pretty awesome trip, I'd definitely be up for it as long as nothing unexpected comes up at work. I could possibly bring a boat too but I'd prefer not to if there's already plenty. I'm more than happy (and fairly competent) to row though.
    Hard to turn down the Big Hole browns that time of year..

I heard rumors of a 36" brown over there too. That seems a little excessive but it could be true.

If the weather that is gracing our region sticks around those fish are gonna be very active. Might even be on the later half of that cycle. Who knows???

NWskibum- as it looks now there isn't a need for another boat but bring it if you want. Don't know about the rest of you guys but I prefer 2 guys in a boat. Looks like that will be the case. We will have to split up if it is.

Still hoping to make this...the GF can't make it so I'd be driving post-wedding on the 11th by myself - a far less enticing option.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

The GF should be a more enticing option. It's best not to expose her to this group.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    The GF should be a more enticing option. It's best not to expose her to this group.
    She dates me, I think the group is lucky to not be exposed to her
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Hey p4b Maybe this will get you motivated, don't know this guy but he says closer to 30"
    That thing looks like a damn leopard shark! Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Bummed I can’t swing this trip. I’m going to be at Seeskadee 9/25-9/29 and then the Porcupine Wilderness is search of salmon 10/3-10/8. I’m pretty sure wifey would have my other nut in a jar if I even asked. Hopefully next year, or that spring/summer/fall trip to Wisco for them toothy monsters that has been mentioned…totally down for that if there are any other takers. With that said if any of you are around Seeskadee (long shot I know) stop in for a shot/beer/bowl/fish.

Total thread highjack; do any of you have any advice for salmon in the southern Lake Superior tributaries? Specifically the ones within the Porcupine Wilderness. This is more of a recon trip for us this go-around with hopes that some of the fish have pushed up in to the tributaries. Not much info on the interwebz about the southern shore tribs (at least that I can find, other than the DNR website) but I’ve been told we should expect pinks, browns and atlantics this time of year. Thinking standard swung flies, bacon & eggs and stone flies at the moment. Thanks in advance for any input.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Dammit! I am out... Work just reared its ugly head.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Can't you make a work trip to my area and accidentally make a wrong turn?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Can't you make a work trip to my area and accidentally make a wrong turn?
    I am going to do that very soon, thinking towards the end of October I am going to "work" in your neck of the woods.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    schwerrty said there's wifi @ the peeler bar
    or you get a new gig?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    schwerrty said there's wifi @ the peeler bar
    or you get a new gig?
    Every once in a while something rears its ugly head that can't be covered sitting at a hotel table on the phone or iPad. Unfortunately this is one of those times, I will be sitting in a meeting in Boise with a bunch of pretentious a-holes while the rest of you are drinking whiskey and catching fishes.

Tye, let me know if you're going to make the trip. I've been practicing my rowing skills and I could bring a boat if need be.
    If not, the golf course is still in great condition.
    Last edited by 183GotamasA/T; 10-01-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: golf

Please add your name to the list if you are coming or on the fence. LB or I will post or send out a pm with directions to camp.

Hope to see ya there 183!
    Our camping location may be compromised as a result of the fed shutdown, will keep you guys updated soon!

The national forest is still open and there is plenty of places right along the big hole that aren't regulated. I lived in Butte for the last 8 years so if you need some advice on where to stay just let me know and I can give you plenty of recommendations, depending on what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by igBand View Post

Lexi-bell + raft (Thur-sat)
    Kentucky +driftboat (sat-sun)
    Schwerty + driftboat
    snapt possibly + 1
    Sfb+ Kessler + drifty possibly a bozone bro + drifty
    dfinn + possible 2 or 3 others
    concretejungle
    Updated...

I'm In god damnit with the drugs

I'm gonna show up thurs evening - Sunday morning or fri morning - mon morning.

I'm in solo, show up later on Friday-Sunday. Sounds like plenty of boat space?

Just sent out a PM to everyone who posted in this thread... just a few days away!!

I'm planning on sneaking out of work a little early Thursday afternoon and planning to be up there maybe 9 or 10pm ish. Staying through Sunday afternoon. May have a +1 but he hasn't committed yet.

Still looking for people to carpool from SLC with if that timing works for anyone.

What did we decide about food? Group meals or fend for yourself? Dogs OK?

^^^ i was totally confused and thinkin this was still 2 weeks off.
    Hopin my trailers roadworthy by now, but need to get to dj and grab it.
    could do leave thurs to dj then up through wyo git in late thurs or early fri or fish sumthin along the way fri
    room in the durango for +1 and another pooch.
    or could save some fossil fuelage and take the subi if space isn't an issue.
    will pm you my digits to try n suss er out
    throwin those tyro brakes in the tackle bag now for ya snapt if you still need em.
    my bozone bros out
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Dogs are good unless the NPs open and you plan on fishing them, (YNP and GTNP).

I don't have the time and don expect LB has the time to coordinate meals to a T. But...

I will have sausages o plenty for sat night with some fixins. Prolly some chili or flank steak to go around on Friday night but it would be nice if others could throw down too. Assuming. I over estimate I should have enough to pitch in for a Sunday dinner to if I am there.

I will also toss in som bacon to group breakfasts but not volunteering to do much more there.

Lunch - bring what you wanna eat. My boat ain't stopping to cook steaks on the side of the river.

Gots some garden goodies kale and broc soup etc i'll bring for apps
    do i need to take any online tests/certs or give MT $$$$ for invasive species fundage/edumacation?