Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    You covered the saltwater...Except Kim's place at the harbor with the Kaladi Bros coffee...
    Kim passed in the fall

Mooseknuckles get him to ask his doctor for scopolamine patch. Works awesome nobody wearing one ever pukes.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Kim passed in the fall

Oh man. That had completely slipped my mind...

btw, none of those flies I showed work anymore (these are millennial fish now and fully absorbed in their screens).
    Good luck, good advice here, and most importantly have fun!

edit re: pm:
    -as an aside: hey highangle, have another on me...FKNA
    Hope to meet you some day, we will chill.
    Good luck on the Westside!
    Last edited by DeathVan; 07-07-2019 at 12:35 AM.

We've always just taken our chances with the guides and had pretty good luck.

So, I've got no real input, I'm just dropping by for the pre-, mid-, and post-trip stoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Kim passed in the fall

Mooseknuckles get him to ask his doctor for scopolamine patch. Works awesome nobody wearing one ever pukes.
    I wish. He has tried Scopolamine with a side of Tigan suppository and a dramamine chaser all while wearing those fancy bracelets.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post
    btw, none of those flies I showed work anymore (these are millennial fish now and fully absorbed in their screens).
    Good luck, good advice here, and most importantly have fun!
    Fun will be had...if you come across any "must haves" for those screen time fish, feel free to pm.

Booked with the cache. The excitement continues to grow. Thanks again all!

Come fishing with me anyway. If he dies he dies

Unknown to me who we were heading out with on a fishing charter for my wife’s work deal till I asked the shuttle driver this morning and she fired back ... Aurora. I knew I recognized the name so upon entering the office I asked if Jed was our captain. No dice as the company we are here with for my wife overbooked and Jed was about to be sent elsewhere for the day. I had the deckhand call over to Jed’s boat to ask if he had change for a nickel. Jed kindly made the trek over before heading to Anchorage. I totally shit the bed on grabbing a photo with him so you are stuck with this shitty photo. the company has 2 outings booked with Aurora so I am planning on making the return tomorrow morning for round 2 to score a seat on Jed’s vessel. We put 27 Silvers in the boat this morning and my wife outfished me on the keepers. Great times in AK are underway. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9102.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	291001

Nice mang!

Buy Derby tickets!!!

PS: Salt water silvers make the BESTEST lox!!

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Great times in AK are underway. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9102.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	291001
    I like your neck brace.

Can we call you "SwivelHead" or something now?

Sure hope you get on with me tomorrow!

Our pal Knuckles may not be aware yet, but the Kenai is having an epic sockeye run this year, with 6 fish/day limits on the whole river...So he's got that to look forward to after he gets done fishing salt water...heh

"An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations. Repo Man spends his life getting into tense situations."

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice mang!
    Gracias amigo

Buy Derby tickets!!!

PS: Salt water silvers make the BESTEST lox!!
    Noted. Deck hands were tossing the belly’s overboard. I told them to save mine as they were headed home for the smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I like your neck brace.

Can we call you "SwivelHead" or something now?
    Bionic insertion point can not see any sun. If I had worn that much protection in previous years I would not have all these children. None of it changes how much I hate the sun.

Sure hope you get on with me tomorrow!
    That makes 2 of us. I’ll keep ya posted. Rumor has it that those who slept in the morning and did not go are taking the extra spots that were reserved for a few of us who wanted to do 2 days. I’m guessing I will have to rochambeaux a few South Park style tonight at dinner.

Our pal Knuckles may not be aware yet, but the Kenai is having an epic sockeye run this year, with 6 fish/day limits on the whole river...So he's got that to look forward to after he gets done fishing salt water...heh

"An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations. Repo Man spends his life getting into tense situations."
    You have been so generous with all your nuggets of knowledge. Looking forward to getting on the rivers!

I can’t believe those fucks were throwing bellies overboard. Goddamn it. I’m gonna hammer Carsten tonight. They’re supposed to save them for me.

Those fucks need to think about salmon else for a change! Lay a gill trip on'em Bro.

Carsten needs a harvest teaching session. Bummed I didn’t get back down there to get out with ya today Jed. I was sent with the sled dogs. Fishing will resume on the rivers later this week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9135.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	291129

Name:	IMG_0207.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1,011.4 KB 
ID:	291130

^^^ Thing about pull-devils is how quiet they are - a dog team can be on top of a Nordic skier in a second....And you deffo don't want to get your hands too close to working sled dogs or airplane props...

>100,000ac Swan Lake fire kicked back up. No rain in 3 weeks, and the winds picked up Friday and backed to the south, then clocked north with a cold front. Smoky as shit in Seward until this afternoon, when the front passed through. Cooper Landing still smoky af since the fire's in the hills just a few miles down the road...

Checking in to make sure the natives (Jed, highangle, deathvan etc) are safe. The Swan Lake fire on the Kenai has been whipped back up in to a frenzy. Crazy to think 3 days ago it was a smoldering and no where near the road.

https://kpboem.blogspot.com/?m=1

Name:	IMG_9455.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	840.6 KB 
ID:	291648

Floated with Matt from the Cache yesterday. Brutal day on the sticks for him. Winds were screaming upriver 20mph+ ALL day and he busted his ass for us.

The morning started out so calm too.

Name:	IMG_9361.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	291645

I scored the largest Dollie of the day.

Name:	IMG_9367.JPG 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	291646

While dad slayed the trout game.

Name:	IMG_9381.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	291647

Stayed down south today and fished the lower for Silvers alone with dad.

Name:	IMG_9397.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	291650

A few more days of fun left to be had.

Living the dream!

I banged them out early yesterday back to dock at 130. Made it to my kids birthday party in anchorage at 5. Miracles happen. Smokey as fuck in Seward. Still feeling like shit after breathing it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Checking in to make sure the natives (Jed, highangle, deathvan etc) are safe. The Swan Lake fire on the Kenai has been whipped back up in to a frenzy. Crazy to think 3 days ago it was a smoldering and no where near the road.

Floated with Matt from the Cache yesterday. Brutal day on the sticks for him. Winds were screaming upriver 20mph+ ALL day and he busted his ass for us.

The morning started out so calm too.

Name:	IMG_9361.JPG 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	291645
    I bet the Upper River was choking with smoke?

A guy in Seward puts his Hobie kayak in at the Lower Skilak launch, fishes downstream through Rainbow Alley until he feels the pull of the river, then sets a sail to take him back up to the lake...
    But Skilak is a famous killer lake. The south wind especially gets accelerated by Skilak glacier, and can turn the whole lake white in a matter of minutes...

I've pushed boats and rafts down that 12-mile float to Bing's and got smoked. Never on a day like that though...I can just imagine how flayed Matt was. 3x-4x strokes on a long float..

I scored the largest Dollie of the day.

Name:	IMG_9367.JPG 
Size:	262.3 KB 
ID:	291646

While dad slayed the trout game.

Name:	IMG_9381.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	291647

Stayed down south today and fished the lower for Silvers alone with dad.

Name:	IMG_9397.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	291650

A few more days of fun left to be had.

Living the dream!
    Swiftwater?

So you guys are cut off by the fire in SloDotna during salmon run, and got nothing to do but fish?
    Dang, that must be tough!

Alaska 511
    ‏ @alaska511

Wildfire on STERLING HIGHWAY from MILEPOST 53 to MILEPOST 77

Air quality poor, flames next to road, road closure, emergency vehicles on road, travel is not advised.

Comments:
    The Sterling Highway is again closed for fire operations. Do not attempt to use Skilak Lake Road as...

https://twitter.com/alaska511

Alaska fishing trip - information needed.

Drove up from Soldotna when the road opened at noon.

Name:	IMG_9472.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	291832

Hit Quartz Creek with Matt.

Name:	IMG_9485.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	291831

Now sitting at Mile marker 53. Almost at the front of the line waiting to head back to Soldotna. Hope it happens sometime late tonight because the funk in this car is vomit inducing.

Got caught in long lineup one night on the Sterling in a small car that had dust all over the windshield from being parked on a gravel road. The wiper fluid never got it clean and the trip back against miles of oncoming headlights was a nightmare of trying to find the fog line with a whited out windshield....Sketch as shit...

8/20/19 7:10 am Sterling Highway Update
    The Sterling Hwy remains closed this morning. Please continue to monitor this page for updates. Monitor this page for updates or listen to KSRM 920AM.

Glad you are safe highangle. Still sitting here 12+ hours later at Mile Marker 53. Spent the night in the rental car w/my 70+ yr old parents. Debated making a run to Seward or Anchorage at 1am but called around for hotels and found nothing under 2 hours away and nothing for less then $400. Ash and dust cover this little Chevy too. The fear of large animals and fog kept us in place too.

Name:	IMG_9506.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	291859

Happy Tuesday morning!

Name:	IMG_9507.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	291860

The Sunrise has rooms $130-$180, Summit Lake Lodge has cabins $2-$250, The Hutch is at Mi 48.5 (595-1270)...