RIP Patrick Orton (photographer)

Man dies after jumping from Bridge Street Bridge

Patrick was an outdoor adventure photographer with a strong focus on winter sports. He shot with TGR last year during the filming of 'The Dream Factory', his death will no doubt affect more than a few here on this board. Only 25, he had been published extensively and was having the kind of commercial success most of us as photographers only dream of.

Patrick Orton Photography

Facebook

While our Colorado adventures together were few and brief, the overwhelming energy, enthusiasm, and stoke that he brought to life and photography crushed it. He packed as much living and adventure into those 25 years as anyone i've known.

Peace to all who knew you, RIP my friend.

That sucks, and way too young at 25.

Condolences to all who knew him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Yea that kid had a great spirit to him, saddened by his passing RIP
    Last edited by chiller; 07-21-2013 at 08:15 PM.

One of the best people I knew. I grew up with Patrick and knew him and his family since he was about 5 years old. Not everyday you find someone who brought his level of stoke to the mountain, lake, rocks and life in general. He will be missed by many. +++vibes to family and friends

Peace...

RIP Patrick

Amazingly talented...way too young.

Patrick was one of those characters that you would never forget, even if you only crossed paths once. It seems like he left an impression everywhere he went. This past year in Haines he scored the most ridiculous "right place, right time" score you could ever imagine. His pictures from this season are absolutely incredible, and will be scattered throughout this year's magazines for sure. His stoke and energy were rarely matched.

RIP Pat.
    Drive slow, homie.

That fucking sucks. Only met him a couple times through a mutual friend but was a ton of fun, killer skier, and I think his photos speak for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Texas is better than Hell? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Hell, but it would be hard to imagine it being worse than Texas.

Wow, I met him in Haines, he was living it up for sure. Sad news. Surviving your 20's takes a bit of luck. RIP

Great guy - picked me up while hitching in Roger's Pass last year... really sad to hear.

Damn that sucks. He was a good dude. He's shot with some of us and was close with a couple in our circle. Before I blew my knee, was thinking about meeting up with him in Haines. Too early for a guy like that. He was definitely living the life and was quite talented. Shitty news.