Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    regardless of who might actually put it in, if anyone, but i still think sillytude has way better dirt and terrain for...you know... normal fall line roots and rocks type mountain bike trails in the trees.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Solitude definitely has better dirt than the Bird. I think you are right about it being the best spot of the four Cottonwood resorts. And they do have a place to get pitchers at the bottom too ;-).
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    network of euro-alpiney trails up there even
    Just ONE quality trail would make it legit. Riding lifts at Brianhead usually just means lapping Timberline all day long perma-grinned. For what a summer tram ticket costs (17 bucks!) I would happily lap the same trail over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    regardless of who might actually put it in, if anyone, but i still think sillytude has way better dirt and terrain for...you know... normal fall line roots and rocks type mountain bike trails in the trees.
    I think it's a wash between Soli and Brighton (though Soli has the distinct advantage of having existing trails). You're trail running some these days, right? Run the trail between just below the Lake Mary dam and Snake Creek pass sometime and tell me the terrain over there wouldn't rock. Mostly low-moderate grades, shady fir forest, loamy dirt, granite boulders and other neat rock features peppered all over the place, it would be sweet.

Really there should just be networks at both places with a connector(s) between

nice man, will check that. i rarely go higher than mill-d to run.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Pretty sweet downhill in Days Fork I used to ride a ton when I lived in BCC.

I figured out what needs to happen; Draper City needs to annex the south side of upper BCC.

I think the lack of development in LCC and BCC has a lot to do with how short a season it might be after a big snow year. I know Brighton cited that as a big concern when they were considering Summer operations. IMO, Park City is going to turn into an MTB Mecca. PC has a bike park in their plans and they've already taken a big step by opening the Crescent chair and buying bike trays. I'm stoked to see what it looks like a few years down the road.
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Now, when the chairs go from BCC/LCC to PC, with bike trays on them....hmmm

Hugh Conway Guest
    Because you haven't shown them the light rideit.

Haha, I am really getting under your skin!
    That's great.

Do you even ride a bike? Have you ever ridden with anyone on this forum? Ever even been to SLC or Utah to ride?

It appears not!

Quote Originally Posted by ridevt View Post
    PC has a bike park in their plans and they've already taken a big step by opening the Crescent chair and buying bike trays. I'm stoked to see what it looks like a few years down the road.
    That's a really good deal going in the PC area if you don't mind pedaling a little bit for some descents.
    Only $50 for a Summer pass and that chair is fast as hell, they dropped some coin on all those bike trays.

August 7, 2013
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PUBLIC INVITED TO DISCUSS PLANS TO BUILD MTN. BIKING TRAILS AT SNOWBIRD

SNOWBIRD, UT -- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort is hosting a public forum to present its general plan to build mountain biking trails in Gad Valley, and to receive comments and suggestions from the public.

“Public input is an important part of our decision-making process,” said Bob Bonar, President of Snowbird. “We understand we’ll develop the best projects for our community by listening to all our stakeholders.”

Snowbird hopes to have an initial mountain biking trail from Hidden Peak, down through Gad Valley to the base of the mountain and the Snowbird Center, completed and ready to open in summer 2014. The new trails will be accessed via Snowbird’s Aerial Tram. A map will be provided at the public forum.

Renowned mountain bike trail builder Troy Duffin from Alpine Trails, will help design and construct the new trails. Duffin will be in attendance to help answer questions at the forum.

Bonar will present the plans and lead the discussion. A representative from the Forest Service will be in attendance.

"We support opportunities for the public to engage in planning recreation opportunities on public lands. We encourage the community and our visitors to participate in this opportunity to provide comments”, stated Dave Whittekiend, Forest Supervisor for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.

The public forum will be held Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m. room Alpine B at the Snowbird Center, Snowbird Entry 2.

Sick! 'Bout time!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Fuck. Yes.

So it sounds like downhill only? They should build a climber trail as well. Looking forward to it though.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    So it sounds like downhill only? They should build a climber trail as well. Looking forward to it though.
    service roads already exist

For those of you saying "I didn't know those trails existed", check out http://skidmap.com. Trails in UT, CO, ID, NV, etc. You will find stuff you hadn't even heard of.

Not affiliated, just a satisfied user.

There has been rumors of Gravity Logic working with either Snowbird or PCMR. I know they have been to snowbird. Part of the issue is the Forest Service. Having worked at Sugarbush in VT, it took years for the forest service to lighten up on MTB specific trail construction. The permitting process there sucked and took ages. I bet its the same up LCC/BCC. If the bird was to do it, they would/could do it on their land, either Mineral or Gad valley. I get goosebumps thinking of taking the tram up and ripping down massive berms on regulator into some bad ass woods between gad and gad 2. Its coming, who knows when, but when it does, and if it is gravity logic, it will be the best park in the state.

Now, i dont really want to get started on the canyons as they make fun trails and such, but holy shit they have amazing terrain and opportunity to cut a massive, bad ass REAL mountain bike trail from the upper mountain to the base. Like, World Cup level awesomeness. Its too bad they appear (strictly speculation) too narrow minded to think outside of the bike park mentality. Also, they had a chance to turn the top part of hollys near the ricochet intersection into some awesome berms, but it appears they rushed it now there are three flat turns that are meh.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

These guys do anything besides build sidewalks?

(serious question, their pics looks pretty stroller friendly)

http://www.alpine-trails.com/http___...Portfolio.html
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post

Wow, those trails look incredibly boring. Hopefully that's not what they have planned for the Bird, but I don't hold out much hope.

those trails look almost exactly like the 'sierra canyon trail' that was put in from the rim trail to genoa, nv. 3' wide. back and forth across the canyon. boring as hell. too bad cause it is a 4K descent and beautiful area.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

They are the ones that rebuilt the Draper DH trail. It's an improvement and they did build some OK jumps. I think they also did the Ogden bike park, I haven't been up there yet but I've seen pics and they put some large jumps in from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    those trails look almost exactly like the 'sierra canyon trail' that was put in from the rim trail to genoa, nv. 3' wide. back and forth across the canyon. boring as hell. too bad cause it is a 4K descent and beautiful area.
    I just wish there were more switchbacks. I lost count around 90 something but it just seems like there could be a few more.

My name for that trail is "now that way"
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I just wish there were more switchbacks. I lost count around 90 something but it just seems like there could be a few more.

My name for that trail is "now that way"
    the switchbacks were painful. i got to the point where I was seeing how many different ways there were to negotiate a 3' wide, 180 degree switchback.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

For those of you near snowbird.

I wish you immunity from the growing plague

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/membe.../iceman2058,94