Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I am going bar fishing on the skeena with junior in an effort to father-son-bond but its a role reversal thing cuz they got the jet boat the gear the whole gig scoped, they even cast their own lead weights at the shop ... I just need to show up with the right rod

hopefully tie into a 30 lb chinook
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The pie Pronounced (Cropy) will be the best eating of the 3. A 10 inch pie is a nice fish

Stocked lakes have allot of little bitty Bluegill and pie. So plan on throwing allot of them back (If you hit a good spot. You just keep the ones you want and clean them all at a cleaning station when you get in. there are always places like this around Campgrounds boat Launch ect.

A very easy way to fish for all three leaning towards Bluegill is A bobbin and Meal Worms, You can also cast and real using a Watusi Lure (Small lead head and mostly fine feather)

Fishing is always a good way to spend an early morning. Talk to the kids. And when you are at the marina or local bait store just ask, tell-em taking kids out, little experience, just want it to be fun. You will get info.

Practice ting knots prior to going out, you will snag and lose rigs, you will need to be able to tie on a new hook , lure. More than once.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Beetle spin no doubt

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Skip the fishing trip and stick to your true talents. Take them out to sushi instead and show them how good you are at catching clam.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

I don't know where you're located, but if you're east of the Mississippi, I probably wouldn't eat what you catch. Don't really need to ingest all that mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    I don't know where you're located, but if you're east of the Mississippi, I probably wouldn't eat what you catch. Don't really need to ingest all that mercury.
    Are you east of the Mississippi? Trout streams around here are fine... and I'm talking about <1hr from major cities (DC, Philly, & B-more) not deep-in-hola WV.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    oh hey, thanks now what do you know about fishing?
    I regret to advise you that I am not able to give any advice on fishing
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

See if the local DNR has a map of the lake, often they mark fishing holes, reefs, etc. Are you in a boat or on shore? Ask the bait shop guy where to fish and how. Tell him that this is probably the only time you'll be doing this, hell be more inclined to give you fishing spots.

If they are old enough give them beers and tell them some stories of how to get into girls pants.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    tell them some stories of how to get into girls pants.
    which ironically smells a lot like bluegill.

Um, Neufox...they're going sunfish fishing, not trying to catch a WR muskie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Are you east of the Mississippi? Trout streams around here are fine... and I'm talking about <1hr from major cities (DC, Philly, & B-more) not deep-in-hola WV.
    I should have said New England. It's more the regions that are downwind of Ohio that are an issue, not the mid-Atlantic and the south. Streams are also a bit different from lakes in terms of mercury deposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    which ironically smells a lot like bluegill.
    Back in the day after Adam & Eve finished doing the wild thing for the very 1st time God came came down but he noticed Eve wasn't there so he asked Adam where's Eve?

to which Adam sez "she is washing herself down at the lake"

To which God replied " Man I am never gona get the smell outa those fish!"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

So, thank you all for the advice. The trip was a constant laugh from start to finish. Both kids knew a shitload about fishing and enjoyed breaking my balls all day. Ages were 12 and 13 so no beer was consumed but advice on chicks was sought and given. ( I may even take their advice ,haha)

Caught a bunch of farm raised trout and I gutted them and cut them up and cooked them just like the pic in this thread and that went over big. Thanks again.

pie are only pronounced croppy because people want to fool themselves into thinking they are not eating crappie. They were called crappie for a reason.
    Living vicariously through myself.

You Fucked up. 12-13 is the perfect age for an uncle to supply beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.