CO Mags - Weekend Resort Skiing?

It would be great to ski with some more maggots before the season is over. Anybody heading up this Saturday or Sunday. I'll be heading up alone both days so if you want to meet up or catch a ride, let me know.

Have 5 mountain pass and two days at Loveland.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Resort skiing? Why would you ever subject your self to such pain

When are you going to put those Free Rides you just purchased to their intended use?

Yeah, I know

I'd like to get into the BC soon, but to be honest with you I think I should be a little more prepared before politely asking to go out with some other maggots. I need to do some more beacon drills, and read some more books. I have read "Snow Sense" and I'm going to buy "Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain". That sounds like the right way to approach getting into the BC, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Yeah, I know

I'd like to get into the BC soon, but to be honest with you I think I should be a little more prepared before politely asking to go out with some other maggots. I need to do some more beacon drills, and read some more books. I have read "Snow Sense" and I'm going to buy "Staying Alive in Avalanche Terrain". That sounds like the right way to approach getting into the BC, right?
    The most important thing to do first is take an Avy class. FOBP classes are done for this year but there are still a few left from places like Apline World Ascents
    http://www.alpineworldascents.com/avalanche.asp#avy1

Yeah you're right. I did participate in the first round of FOBP classes which were great!

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Yeah you're right. I did participate in the first round of FOBP classes which were great!
    Well if you took the FOBP class and read all the relevant literature I'd say it's about time that you get out there and get your feet wet in some of the easier terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    The most important thing to do first is take an Avy class. FOBP classes are done for this year but there are still a few left from places like Apline World Ascents
    http://www.alpineworldascents.com/avalanche.asp#avy1
    Lurch - you use these guys? I've gone out with them a few times climbing and was always very happy. Did my first outdoor climb with them

Below Zero - what kinda skiing you doing? I ask because I've pretty much been a pansy since my accident so you'd probably be bored to tears if you skied with me ahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2ski
    I ask because I've pretty much been a pansy since my accident so you'd probably be bored to tears if you skied with me ahahaha
    That sucks man. What kind of accident did you have? Are you stuck to the groomers now?

High speed collision with another skier, got knocked out, flew into a tree (but thankfully I was out so I was pretty limp at that point). Wicked face abrasions, staples in my head, butterflies on my face, bruised ribs and surgery a week later to fix my severed ligament (skiers thumb basically). Got back on the skis a two weeks after surgery (3 after accident) once my face/head healed. I'm still splinted and skiing "no poles" til the thing comes off late this month depending on how the PT goes. I'm fine when it's not crowded but get a little spooked when there are tons of ppl....hopefully thats a passing phase.

My skiing is kinda mellow right now because I don't want to risk any reinjury to the thumb.

BZ -

Looks like I will be at the Basin on Sunday (barring significant new snowfall Saturday night, in which case the BC is calling). PowderPig should be there as well.

Still got my number? Give me a ring Saturday evening and I will have a better idea.

I am somewhere both days, just not sure where yet.

Quote Originally Posted by telechuck
    Looks like I will be at the Basin on Sunday (barring significant new snowfall Saturday night, in which case the BC is calling). PowderPig should be there as well.
    Cool, I'll do Basin on Sunday. I'll give you a call Saturday evening

Rdy2ski - Holy shit, glad you are alright. Heal up!