112 rpc or 120 spoon lotus??

Which is more slarvy and playful? Read through all the stuff everyone seems to call the lotus more on that line but then they call rpc playful too?????
    Just curious. Have skied all the original versions of these skis but I honestly like my 99 wailer pures a lot and it is my goto ski. That being said which one of these resembles the feel of that ski with a touch more float?

RPC has the smaller radius and the smaller sweet spot for fore-aft balance. I managed to double eject over the handlebars a couple times on the RPC. Can't imagine that happening on the spoons. Both can make any size turn if you're driving them. If you're a passive skier, neither one will be "playful". They both ate me alive a little until I started bossing them around.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Why not just get the 112RP?

Quote Originally Posted by vailcat View Post
    Which is more slarvy and playful? Read through all the stuff everyone seems to call the lotus more on that line but then they call rpc playful too?????
    Just curious. Have skied all the original versions of these skis but I honestly like my 99 wailer pures a lot and it is my goto ski. That being said which one of these resembles the feel of that ski with a touch more float?
    hey man,

the RPC is going to be the most like a wide wailer 99. its shovel is a touch stiffer, and it has a little larger radius, but it is for sure much more similar to the the 99 than the original wailer 112 is.

the lotus 120 is going to ski more directionally (think: fat wailer 105) than the RPC since it has a flat (rather than a rockered) tail, and about a 40% bigger sidecut radius than the RPC.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

When are the lotus 112 spoon coming then? :-)

Thanks that is what i was thinking too given flat tail.

Marshal,
    I want a 186 Lotus 108 spoon! In the meantime I am looking forward to getting some 186 RPCs.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I want a 186 Lotus 108 spoon!
    Quoted for truth, the 120 at 108 would be a beautiful tourer

It is really a 115mm LOTUS RPC (not a 112 RPC).....just buy it. No need to spoon it Skiis just fine as is.

Agreed on a narrower Lotus 120. The Wailer 105 might fit the bill, but still like the touring charger combination that Lotus120 offers. Its just a wider than nessesary for my climate.

I have had the 184 112 pure I now have last years 184 Hybrid 120

YMMV but personaly I like the 120 more than the 112, in spite of the 43M turning radius or whatever it was DPS advertised I find it slarves very easy and I can turn it anywhere, actualy the 120 seems easier to turn than the 112, I can sink the tips of the 112 in pow whereas the tips of the 120 seem impossible to sink

The lotus tours nice, never toured the 112
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

+1 for a lotus spooned 108-110 flat tail. Take me touring.

I also wouldn't mind if the 120 had a smidge of tail rocker
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Love my 190 W112 Pures in all conditions. Slarvy and incredibly playful in the pow. Also stoked on W99 Hybrids for inbounds variable conditions. Purchased and sold 192 L138 Pures, as I preferred my W112s in all but the steepest and deepest, and they weren't versatile enough for my resort skiing. I'm contemplating RPCs or L120s as a step-up ski for deeper days (cat and touring) and higher speeds (inbounds pow days). I'm sure either would be a ton of fun, but from obsessing over the reviews I'd like to see a spooned L120 tip and mid section matched to a softer flexing turned up tail, or a spooned tip added to a softer flexing (a la W112) RPC.

Keep your eyes peeled for a red topsheet flex 2 l190 from 10/11 & 11/12. Flexes much softer than the current iteration (both RPC & 120) and you don't have to wait for DPS to build your dream ski.

Just my opinion of course;-)

I got the 184 hybrid lotus 120's with the red top how do you know what flex they are ?

They seem to do everything ... I sure like em
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    Keep your eyes peeled for a red topsheet flex 2 l190 from 10/11 & 11/12. Flexes much softer than the current iteration (both RPC & 120) and you don't have to wait for DPS to build your dream ski.

Just my opinion of course;-)
    I own this ski and will probably sell it, PM if interested.

I have it also. I'd swing you a good deal