Anyone watch The Crash Reel last night?

Caught this on HBO last night... http://xgames.espn.go.com/snowboardi...eel-debuts-hbo

I thought it was really well done. Heavy movie, makes you think.

Shawn White came across as a total fuckface.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Watched it with my lady last night. Very well done. Parts with Sara Burke, and CR were rough.

Shawn White.......complete fuckface. Kicked KP out of his house for beating him in a comp. Seemed like he had to make it all about him every time he talked.
    Training for Alpental

Watched it - thought the movie did a great job at going through KPs process of recovery and accepting where he was at, delving into the family dynamic, risk reward, perception of risk, as well as highlighting the risks associated with pro sports. Surprised at how cohesive the movie seemed considering how many film sources they used.

Thought the music was a bit over-done and seemed like the movie tried to be heavily reliant on music to draw emotion, even when it wasn't really necessary - the movie was heavy enough. It is much like I don't need Sarah McLachlan music on top of dogs getting beat to feel sad.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post

Shawn White.......complete fuckface.
    Lovely hair though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pretty heavy stuff for sure. Crazy how much memory he lost and how spooky it was seeing him in the hospital when he wasn't all there quite yet.

I thought they did a really good job highlighting the mental side and the desire to snowboard again, to have that feeling. You can really empathize with that. Guy went from being on top of the world to relearning all the basic skills you take for granted. Biggest take away from it for me was how far he still has to go in recovery even this much later. The long term effects are scary as shit. Staying positive through all that would not be easy. Makes you thankful for getting to strap in and ride each time you can. Thought it was pretty wild when he talked about realizing how far gone he still was when he thought he would still compete and always wondering how far gone he still was.

Oh and second the Shaun White d-bag sentiment. Dude came off as a total dick. Wonder if he actually did make his girl sign non disclosure agreements. What a fucking tool.

I caught it. happened to be in a hotel. Was sobering.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Watched it last night. Very well done and definitely had some tear jerkers. Crazy to see the guys across various action sports going thru hell. Made me question if I want to push myself hard with my own snowboarding anymore.

Agreed on Shaun White.. Such a dick.

All I get from Shaun White is:
    "But bro, didn't you see my triple?"

Get with the program and lay something down that's not ultra rock star corporate asshattery. Is everyone wrong about the turdmato? Prove them wrong, I wanna hear it.

I saw The Crash Reel at our annual mountianfilm festival this past May. As an ex-competitor myself, it shined what I thought was a pretty accurate light on risks athletes involved in individual "extreme" sports actually take. And how they can be exploited.
    Monster energy drink and Shaun White can both blow me!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Not to stir up shit, and most definitely not trying to defend Shaun White, but isn't it possible that he has some damage too? I mean the guy's been at this just as long as everyone else, and has probably taken his fair share of crashes, but just not one as big. Personally, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially after the seeing the one guy who was telling his mom to shut-up the whole time. That being said, he came across as a total dick.

Also, what the hell were they originally filming??
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Just saw this tonight and holy... if you want to switch gears from overacted, over CGI'd Hollywood fluff, you might want to check it out. Well told and emotionally intense.
    The kind where the credits roll, the movie ends, and people slowly start getting out of their seats. I came away with better appreciation for traumatic brain injuries, dyslexia, down syndrome and the impact this all has on family and friends. Great flick.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague