Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I need a reset button

Its 4 AM Monday Morning, I pretty much blew off the weekend, Slept all Sunday afternoon / Evening
    Woke up @ 2AM. And I have been looking at the internet and drinking Jameson the past two hours.

If nothing is really wrong with work I will most likly blow it off by 10AM and go back to sleep.

Anyway not sure why I am typing this? but I am not doing it right. ON many levels.

What to do.
    52 years old, single Great job but not having fun, lazy, just going through the motions. and now fucking around with the job?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Its 4 AM Monday Morning, I pretty much blew off the weekend, Slept all Sunday afternoon / Evening
    Woke up @ 2AM. And I have been looking at the internet and drinking Jameson the past two hours.

If nothing is really wrong with work I will most likly blow it off by 10AM and go back to sleep.

Anyway not sure why I am typing this? but I am not doing it right. ON many levels.

What to do.
    52 years old, single Great job but not having fun, lazy, just going through the motions. and now fucking around with the job?
    Get a hobby. Or a girlfriend. Something to kill the time?

I usually get into a similar cycle in the winter. I only go into the office 4 days a week, and come winter some weeks go by that I get next to nothing done. I just find myself looking forward to going skiing and spend all day on TGR, watching the weather, etc.

It's Low-T, man!

Just kidding, but maybe it is? The starting drinking at 2 AM thing is probably not a good long-term plan btw.

What's the problem? There are a lot of married guys jealous right now..

Tennis, golf, cycling. Something that takes a long time during the day that you enjoy.

Scientology?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's Low-T, man!

Just kidding, but maybe it is? The starting drinking at 2 AM thing is probably not a good long-term plan btw.
    Pretty damn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    What's the problem? There are a lot of married guys jealous right now..
    I'm too lazy to try to find it on YouTube, but Louis CK does a great bit about how single, or even married people without kids should just shut the fuck up. It has stopped me from whining more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Get an unsually crazed girlfriend. Something to kill the time?.
    Slightly modified for improvement.

Since you're drinking at 2 am, you should take up gambling and strip clubs too
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Maybe join the neighborhood watch...

Eesh, I get like that a lot too, only I usually don't have the option to blow off work.

I'm naturally a night-owl, always have been even when I was a kid. My biorythms just naturally settle in at going to sleep around 2am and waking up around 10. During long periods of unemployment I end up falling into that routine. When employed, I tend to do that on the weekends which isn't good for the rest of the week. I was up 'til 1:30 last night but had to get up at 5:30 for work today, and I'll be pulling 12hr shifts all week. As long as I can get to sleep early tonight things will be okay, but since I won't even get home 'til 7 or 8 and need to get up at 5:30, it's not likely I'll be getting good sleep this week.

Good luck, and I think I'd skip the drinking early in the morning part...
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

I've tried drinking whiskey in the morning only a couple times. Not many things will screw up your life more than hard liquor in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm too lazy to try to find it on YouTube, but Louis CK does a great bit about how single, or even married people without kids should just shut the fuck up. It has stopped me from whining more than once.
    Such bullshit.

How so?...

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Scientology?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Maybe join the neighborhood watch...
    ^ excellent. Well done chaps.

a great bit about how single, or even married people without kids should just shut the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The starting drinking at 2 AM thing is probably not a good long-term plan btw.
    can't drink all day if you don't start in the wee hours of the morning!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How so?...
    I bet it has something to do with you actually refraining from bitching, like that is fucking possible.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Are you prepared to run the other way? Are excellent at makeshift white flags?

Join the French Foreign Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    I bet it has something to do with you actually refraining from bitching, like that is fucking possible.
    And woooshhh was the sound it made going past Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    And woooshhh was the sound it made going past Benny.
    I'm not sure what that all means, but, hey, how so to my original question?

Hugh Conway Guest
    How about you and Benny put together a reality TV show MTT?

menopause ?

Jeezuz, MTT. That shit'll kill ya.
    Come on over and we'll go paddle boarding up at the lake or something.

Shit, we all go through that at some point. Except that my own examples have never involved starting to drink at 2 am on Monday. But I definitely slack off at work more than I should lately. I figure I've got two choices: (1) wait until being broke scares me into getting my shit together; (2) take a serious break and figure out if I want to keep doing what I do.

To be fair to Benny, the thousands of times he has bitched may have caused the two times he didnt to be overlooked.

To the OP, you should probably try pushing the pause button before you go straight to the self destruct one.
    In with the 9.