Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    They look beautiful - a lot like a Praxis BC at first glance.

Curious to hear more.

I am already dreaming of owning Ravens + Dynafit Beasts next year.

Those do look sexy. I'm quite curious to hear where the end up both dimension and weight wise. A 100+ lightish ski is about perfect for my AT desires at the moment.

Ravens + Radicals for my first real touring setup.

Definitely looking to save up and try these out for purchase next season. Should be an excellent ski for Washington touring.
    Last edited by brown9; 12-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.

I got to touch a pair of these today. Hot off the press. The word is that there is some secret juju going in that they wouldn't tell me about. </humblebrag>

So how about weight? 1800 grams approx would be perfect IMO.

The Raven - Hoji's New Masterpiece

I think I heard sub-8 lbs for the pair. But don't quote me on that.

this is getting interesting! can't wait for next month to get the details... any idea if there are going to be demos by feb/mar to us mortals?

+ one, for I'll buy what ever he makes at this point... If its 105mm or narrower under foot I'll be rocking an all 4 frnt quiver next season

hoji posted a picture on his instagram Today, but as expected no info

http://instagram.com/p/izhl4gIJTD/

Talked to my local gear pusher here in Norway before Christmas (they happen to be the second biggest owner of 4Frnt after Matt). No details but there *might* be a late season limited release.

Lots of taper so sub 30m this time? Really hoping sub-8 is correct. Also wondering if they will have reflect tech or if they add camber.

Quote Originally Posted by superdigg View Post
    Talked to my local gear pusher here in Norway before Christmas (they happen to be the second biggest owner of 4Frnt after Matt). No details but there *might* be a late season limited release.

Lots of taper so sub 30m this time? Really hoping sub-8 is correct. Also wondering if they will have reflect tech or if they add camber.
    Just happened to have fondled one the other day. Yes, it did have reflect tech. Very, very light weight, with a stiff flex. I didn't ask whether it was 'the' final version or if Hoji was still working out the kinks, but it looked pretty fuckin sweet!

SlippBC- I don't remember all the dimension, but underfoot this one was 102

Yep, the more I see/read about these the more I want em. ~185cm around 8lbs would be sweeeeet. Throw some Radicals or Ions and a real AT boot on there and I won't even have to cut back my beer consumption (coming from Renegades with Guardians and Tecnica Demon 130 boots... I know a completely different skiing setup, but a real heavy one).

Looks like I have to break/sell a pair of skis...

Hoping they won't be to stiff - @tuco: Can you compare stiffness to something else? Hoji first season stiffness would suit me nicely

Only built in 184cm. I would say stiffness compares to Hoji or at least close to it, I was really struck by how light they are. Someone earlier in thread said no carbon, this would not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Only built in 184cm. I would say stiffness compares to Hoji or at least close to it, I was really struck by how light they are. Someone earlier in thread said no carbon, this would not be true.
    Carbon: Yay! Only built in 184cm? They crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    Well, first year the Renegade only came in a 186. I am not even sure they have an iteration that they will go to production with yet, ie still prototyping. The ski I fondled hadn't even been finish tuned yet. I'm wouldn't doubt you'll see other sizes once specs are worked out and production runs become avail, but I have no knowledge of these things, just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
    For touring? No way. That sounds like a great size, especially if it's under 8 lbs. It sounds like it will be a great long or late season ski. All things being equal right now, a 184 length sounds really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    For touring? No way. That sounds like a great size, especially if it's under 8 lbs. It sounds like it will be a great long or late season ski. All things being equal right now, a 184 length sounds really good.
    Ditto. That ski paired with a speed radical or an ST would be such a light setup!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Anybody have a ballpark turn radius yet?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

some clips in here:

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    some clips in here:
    They look undergunned with those skis. Lots of backseat landings and forward tumbling. Not totally surprised though for 102mm.

^^I was thinking the exact same thing.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I think only Hoji had the Ravens. I saw lots of other skis being used by the 'guests', including Hojis and Renegades of course.