Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3080
    Quote Originally Posted by buildakicker View Post
    STP is no longer what it used to be.

Pinning it using TGR Forums mobile app
    what online retailer is what it used to be?

the game has changed.

OK, we get it. codes are done

what deals on STP are you finding still?

Icebreaker merino hoody for $80. I’m fully on the train of reducing my plastic use, especially fleece which just pollutes everyThing in my house and down the drain with microplastic lint. I’m transitioning to a lot of wool/cotton and down stuff.

Article on fleece plastic pollution
    https://www.outsideonline.com/209187...ious-pollutant

I think STP is done, not just the codes.

Sure, I've picked up a few things the last few years - but it's been getting thinner and thinner.
    It used to be that if you looked, you'd find really good deals regularly - but more and more they are just kind of "not bad." Add in the shipping costs both ways, and some of their odd hassle, and I'm just not interested much any more. [As an example of odd hassle - I got some mitts a couple of years ago. The "fuzzy" thumb coating would just disintegrate when, even gently, rubbed and then they'd be totally non-waterproof. Swapped for another pair and they were exactly the same. Saw a few other reports, and posted a review about it - I also returned them and noted both in the return and on the phone with their staff about the show-stopper problem. Months and months later, they were still selling those same mitts without any notice.]

Perhaps I expect too much - but I got my last pair of W/B pants from a seller on ebay, and got a pretty good deal. [Not smoking, but way better than the STP of today.] In any case, at least for me, it will take something pretty startling for me to get excited about them and their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    OK, we get it. codes are done

what deals on STP are you finding still?
    There really isn't much in the way of good deal these days as others have said. I did grab a few Simms dry bags (60% off) for a recent multi-day river trip. However, w/o any codes I really don't see myself buying much in the future.

I did hear that they are opening a new brick and mortar shop in Silverthorne Colorado which surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    There really isn't much in the way of good deal these days as others have said. I did grab a few Simms dry bags (60% off) for a recent multi-day river trip. However, w/o any codes I really don't see myself buying much in the future.

I did hear that they are opening a new brick and mortar shop in Silverthorne Colorado which surprised me.
    There are empty spaces in the outlet malls. Why not? I guess that would ease returns and eliminate shipping...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Got an email from Active Junky that STP cashback is back, and at 5%. Better than nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Anybody Got a Code?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    anyone have a code they can PM me? thanks

I have not seen any codes since last spring
    "Not all who wander are lost"

I kinda figured this was pretty dead by now as well

so, are STP codes really gone?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Don’t know anything about codes, but Activejunky was offering ~8% cash back last I checked. I got a pair of trail running sneakers for under $40 shipped and I had options

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Don’t know anything about codes, but Activejunky was offering ~8% cash back last I checked. I got a pair of trail running sneakers for under $40 shipped and I had options
    x2

10% on AJ the other day

moosejaw was 16%!!

I used to get a 4-5 25% off codes per week pre-covid. Haven't seen a code since March Aprilish. I'm unsubscribing. That used to be the trick to get codes going. If it doesn't work, guess I'm out. But I haven't really seen a deal on something I'd want there in a long time.

Nobody's getting codes. Sucks but their prices still rock.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Yeah, already talked myself out of that purchase anyway.

I hate being broke.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haven't bought a thing since they shut the codes off. Hasn't helped, except that I have been acquiring fewer pieces of redundant gear lately.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Ha! Hoo ah! This is a crock of shit!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 7.21.31 AM.png
Views: 1361
Size:  44.3 KB

They still have decent stuff at the stores, the other day I bought the wife an alpha fl for $149 not bad, but decent stuff at decent price is getting harder and harder to find! The local store is looking more and more like a tjmax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I am pissed. I pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago on some evolv90s for a hard snow ski and after waiting forever to receive them, low and behold i receive a pair of Head Poles, in 120cm no less. Of course when I call customer service there are no more Evolve90s or any of the Liberty hard snow skis available in anything >179. WTAF. The guy was super nice on the phone but you can't fix that problem. While on the phone after calming down I inquired about the prior discount emails and he flat out told me THAT program is done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

I've been looking for a number of things recently.
    Even some higher-end stuff like a good hardshell.

Unless something *really_*changes, STP is about to simply get removed, even from my "perhaps I'll check there" list.
    Prices are totally uninspiring. Almost never better than elsewhere, and fewer options/sizes etc.

Add in the nickel and dime shipping charges and hassle - it's hard to consider them.
    (And I even have a local store that's not too far away. But visiting their store isn't convenient either.

IMO, in the last 5 years, STP has been on a downward trajectory. But the latest "no codes" since Covid has been the big slide.
    They are pretty much just dead to me now.

My last few bigger gear purchases were; EBay, amazon and direct to folks like OR - just so much better prices/selection/convenience.
    Sad to see them go that way - but they obviously think there's more money there. (I think they're super wrong, but what do I know.)

-Greg

I wonder if STP's main income source is their stores. I found it to be a good TJ Maxx type spot for t-shirts, shorts, et. al with a bit of an outdoor twist.

I mean. You guys do realize TJ Maxx literally bought them out awhile ago and ever since it has slowly become another Home Goods right?? Hence the Brick and Mortar expansion.

COVID didnt help, but the codes were on their way out anyway. And honestly, pre-buy out weren't the ubiquitous codes 80% of the reason we bought from there anyway?

Those who stop shopping at STP are going to miss out on the best deals, like this:

https://www.sierra.com/black-moo-cow...HtPEQOqsKmq6Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.