View Poll Results: Which Nominee would you like to receive the Karma bike next?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nominee #1

27 42.86%
  • Nominee #2

36 57.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    how'd I miss this? just another testimony to #2's badassedness. I'm pretty sure they both need a whip. Howzabout the mag collective contributing to make sure both get one? If everyone who could pitched $10+ to the cause I suspect both would experience major win.

anyone - maybe someone with a shop or who is a rep - want to help make that happen?
    I am not with a shop, nor am I a rep. But I know #1 and have some parts in the parts bin kicking around to jump start another bike project. I LOVE building bikes and can also get the finished project to #1 fairly easily. So anyone who is interested in helping out... let's talk.

A suggestion: We could to take a collection:

This could fund a frame off Craigslist... The collective can build it with parts from there?
    For example: Right now there is a used SC Heckler in the Seattle area that is going for a reasonable sum...
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bik/3921483511.html
    IDK is this is the right fit or not, if it was, this is close to me and I could take a look (provided it's still available).

What type of riding/terrain is nominee #1 going to be riding most?
    Anyone have some insight they can share here?

Nom. #1 is not yet a biker, a few of us thought this would be a great way to get him into the sport that so many of us love. Riding/terrain would be classic NJ rocky singletrack, getting progressively more difficult as his skills progressed.

A 4-5" travel frame or a steel hardtail with a fun geometry that can take a ~5" fork would probably be perfect.

I sent njfreeskier pm letting him know the bike is his if he wants it.

Like I said before, my life is pretty rad without a bike. It would just be radder with one
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Z for the win!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

NJFreeskier - if another mag is up for showing you around you can borrow my DH (specialized demo 8) or trail bike (large trek remedy) for a day to get a taste. They're both located in the Morristown area. They should work for you if you're between 5'9 and 6'3. I'm out for a while with a broken collarbone, otherwise i'd show you around myself. We could probably get the collective here to pitch in a couple bucks for a lift ticket to mtn creek for the dh ticket. I could even meet you up there with the bike since I'm planning on heading up one day to just hang out/take some pictures.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

z-bo...please pm me your info! I realize my box was FULL so I cleaned it out. Just for you man!

Now pls get in touch duderino
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

That's sweet, Z-man. Let me know how this shakes out. I will send one of you the bike happily!
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    I realize my box was FULL so I cleaned it out.
    I believe the proper term is "douched".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You bunch of fucking Niceholes
    Z. TAKE THE FUCKING BIKE

no offense njf nor pearljam.....everybody's a winner

Z's bike should be shipping out tomorrow or Sat. at latest. Kid's been off this week from the bike shop and as soon as he gets in he will be giving bike a quick tune and sending it off to you!

Congrats and would love to have you post up some pix here when you receive it

Sprite

Very excited.

Stoked to see some Karma bike trip reports. If a 2nd Karma bike starts getting built keep me posted on what parts are needed. Most everyone here will have better stuff than I to donate but I'm willing to throw down whatever I've got
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Hi all,
    Getting ready to ship bike...and guesstimates are that it will be kind of pricey! If the collective wishes to help w/ the shipping, I would appreciate it a lot. When son got the bike last year, I just offered to pay but was in a good financial place...not so much now or I'd just pay again to ship it out w/out asking.

I'll just post my paypal for a few days here and if you want to contribute like 5 bucks I'm sure we could cover the rest. I'm willing to put in $20...I'm thinking it will cost $150-200 to ship but will have more solid figure later today.

paypal for me is: tisicloud@aol.com (and don't laugh, that aol was an OLD email addy!)

thanks and will confirm when bike ships, it's getting packed today!
    Sprite

We've had some offers of help (fedex account discounts, shipping donations) and Z-man himself would like to pay for shipping. In any case, this is departing for the opposite coast tomorrow! Will post an update and thanks

PS...if any one donated I will refund your $...it's looking like (according to assistant mgr at my son's bike shop) that it may not cost as much as we thought. Will know more tomorrow.

Snowsprite, clear your inbox...

sorry...box is clean, fire away!

^^^ oh dear.....

Shipped yet?

Thanks to AlpenChronicHabitual...the bike shipped out last night at only $70! Thank you for letting us use your account, and donating $20 also

Z-bo you should be receiving this bike in a few days. Will track it for you later tonite and send you some details.

I hope you enjoy this, and send us some pics of you doing so!

Sprite

PS, thanks again to AlpenChronic for going that extra mile to help out with shipping, that's what this is all about! )

PS-- Zbo I refunded your extra paypal money! Check your paypal acct.

Counting down to STOKE!

Hell yeah! Thanks sprite and alpenchron! Cabt wait to shred some brown pow again

Karma bike has arrived. All I can say is fuck yeah!

Sprites son did a masterful job packaging and it is ready to shred. Tomorrow will be its inaugural trail run

I feel like one of my children has found a great new home.

Any news to share Z-Bo?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein