Page 50 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2407
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    damn, this chelsea vs. ajax match is insane. chelsea tied 4-4 in the 74th as ajax had two CBs sent off in 71st. all after being down 4-1.
    I left work to come home and watch my team (Chelsea), I didn't expect to watch a Circus. Turned it on, went to get a beer and it was 1-1 after 3 minutes, WTF? What a stage game.
    The biggest joke of the whole match was only 4 mins of additional time.

Amazing Chealski scored 7 goals in total today...

^Haha. True!

As a longtime Chelsea fan that whole game was ridiculous start to finish. Horrible calls in favor of Chelsea. How Ajax went down two men was nuts.

The go ahead goal ruled out for handball was just as bad a call as the penalty for handball in their favor.

Keppa missing the corner and then pushing it off the post and rebounding in to his face was the very embodiment of that whole fucking joke of a game.

It was exciting though! Two young teams balls to the wall with almost zero restraint!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pochettino out, Mourinho in?

Pochettino out, Mourinho in?
    Stunning, honestly. The Mourinho part.

Stunning on both counts. Poch has been top 4 every year and took them to the Champions League final.

But as an Arsenal fan really happy Jose is in. Spurs will languish mid table and no chance of him being hired when Emery gets sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    Stunning on both counts. Poch has been top 4 every year and took them to the Champions League final.

But as an Arsenal fan really happy Jose is in. Spurs will languish mid table and no chance of him being hired when Emery gets sacked.
    Jose will get them results and with that team likely get into Europa contention. He will deal well with the Erickson BS because he has dealt with that kind of ego & situation before. I feel bad for Spurs fans as the style of play is going to go from wide open and fun to practical, tactical and defensive.

I havent seen Aresenal fan and really happy in the same sentence in a year or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Jose will get them results and with that team likely get into Europa contention. He will deal well with the Erickson BS because he has dealt with that kind of ego & situation before. I feel bad for Spurs fans as the style of play is going to go from wide open and fun to practical, tactical and defensive.

I havent seen Aresenal fan and really happy in the same sentence in a year or so...
    There's been a fair bit to be happy about. Just nothing related to results on the pitch...

Quote Originally Posted by nwslider View Post
    There's been a fair bit to be happy about. Just nothing related to results on the pitch...
    As another arsenal fan, I disagree. Arsenal is a trainwreck and I don't see it getting better. I need some of what you are drinking. Give me a reason to believe man!

Spurs don’t have the defense required to work for a JM team.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    As another arsenal fan, I disagree. Arsenal is a trainwreck and I don't see it getting better. I need some of what you are drinking. Give me a reason to believe man!
    ^^ agreed

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Spurs don’t have the defense required to work for a JM team.

neither did Untied and he dragged them to a colossally boring 2nd place

ManU paid a fortune for defenders but it was never enough for JM. He wanted what they have now. ManU did have a more JM roster though in that he had beyond incredible talent that could always find a goal on a break after absorbing lots of offensive pressure.

Spurs have a team that worked for Poch. They were unknowns that were willing to work hard, play tactical high press football. None of that is JM football.

The only thing he’s got going on is a huge great finisher in Kane (a la Drogba, benzema, zlatan

Manager musical chairs has started. Arteta to Arsenal, or do they take a big name?

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Giovanni Reyna. Making an impact in the champions league at 17.

Erling Haaland. Is he a better version of Robert Lewandowski? He is a scoring machine savant.

Dortmund’s team is crazy young and talented. Fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Giovanni Reyna. Making an impact in the champions league at 17.

Erling Haaland. Is he a better version of Robert Lewandowski? He is a scoring machine savant.

Dortmund’s team is crazy young and talented. Fun to watch.
    17 years old to come on and do this against that team of stars? I like it a lot

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...s-league-debut

Great to see United and Aresenal both back to their wining ways, the PL title race is a laugher but that CL berth is gonna be a dog fight. Especially if city get smacked down a league

Well that fucking sucks. ATL UTD loses on of MLS’ most prolific goal scorers in Josef Martinez thanks to a torn ACL in the first game of the season.

And they just rolled into the Concacaf Champions Quarterfinals too.

Boo injury.
    I still call it The Jake.

How about that Everton v Man U Last minute VAR reversal of a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    How about that Everton v Man U Last minute VAR reversal of a goal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parked toffee.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	318582

VAR works

Klopp is all about that bass, bout that bass,

Liverpool, no treble for you!
    Last edited by Woodsy; 03-04-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parked toffee.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	318582

VAR works
    Thats funny.

Amazing how bent out of shape the commentators were about the call. Seemed obvious to me that he blocked the view of the deflection and therefore interfered, but they sure were worked up about it being an indefensible call.

They kept saying that DeGea could see the shot. But he couldnt see the deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

anyone been watching? started w/dortmund v schalke. really would like o see dortmund beat bayern next year for the league. 8 in a row is impressive. real madrid have the tiebreaker over barca but have just playing better, even before the break. a 15yr old player for mallorca debuted vs madrid last night and juventus on their way to their 9th in a row. liverpool will win the league shortly but since that’s been decided, watching other teams. impressed w/city, chelsea and united to varying degrees. debryne, foden and silva is a nightmare but aguero is injured and not sure about jesus. like the ziyech, werner additions for chelsea. tunited have some dangerous players fernandez, rashford, pogoa, marshall and greenwood and seem to be improving. arsenal are a complete mess despite today's win. on top of that, they resigned david luiz for some reason. chelsea vs city just started

pulisic 50 yard breakaway 1-0 chelsea

anyone been watching? started w/dortmund v schalke. really would like o see dortmund beat bayern next year for the league. 8 in a row is impressive. real madrid have the tiebreaker over barca but have just playing better, even before the break. a 15yr old player for mallorca debuted vs madrid last night and juventus on their way to their 9th in a row. liverpool will win the league shortly but since that’s been decided, watching other teams. impressed w/city, chelsea and united to varying degrees. debryne, foden and silva is a nightmare but aguero is injured and not sure about jesus. like the ziyech, werner additions for chelsea. tunited have some dangerous players fernandez, rashford, pogoa, marshall and greenwood and seem to be improving. arsenal are a complete mess despite today's win. on top of that, they resigned david luiz for some reason. chelsea vs city just started
    I'm an Arsenal fan, so I'm going to pretend everything is still in quarantine if it's all the same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I'm an Arsenal fan, so I'm going to pretend everything is still in quarantine if it's all the same to you.
    so am i and its a disaster. remember when we used to be all pissed when they were content with finishing 4th? well, we'd welcome the return of those days because now, they're just another mid-table team. better sign martinelli and saka and just play all the kids the rest of the way to see what you have for next season.