Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2401
    Looking increasingly like BM vs. PSG. That would be a barn burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah. Neuer has won the championship. All alone. He didn't score, but he has his hands on everything.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Messi doing Barcelona dirty.

“We will sell him for no less than $700M!”

Messi:
    “I can leave for free”

I see it more as Barcelona running the club into the ground and Messi not wanting to spend his last years playing for a club that is falling apart. In the same way Messi ‘owes’ the club loyalty, doesn’t the club owe Messi the loyalty of not ruining itself?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Yeah they screwed up, they made a serious mistake a few years back by not selling at his peak. Paying him and the 30+ crew so much that they cant buy other good players.

Suarez is where they jumped the shark IMO. Mas que un club and you employ suarez, yeah right.

I agree that is was a transfer from Liverpool that really laid bare the rot in Barca's front office.

But it wasn't Suarez.
    In with the 9.

The physicality and athleticism of the game has gotten ahead of Messi. He’s amazing and maybe the GOAT but teams like Liverpool can press tirelessly and having a team built around Messi that requires it go through him in the final third have figured that out.

Barca made a lot of interesting buys - Turan, Suarez (he worked until he didn’t), Dembele, Coutinho now Griezmann. None of it is working and they can’t figure it out. No one wants to be just a cog in a team for Messi anymore.

Suarez worked well for Barca, it’s The Neymar departure shitshow and the inability to move on after that are the keys.

^^^ this. Messi is still the best player in the world - over 20 goals and 20 assists in la liga this year (never been done before) doing it all by himself in a mediocre team. There’s not a coach in the world who wouldn’t take him right now or a player who wouldn’t want him in their squad. Messi isn’t the issue (sure he doesn’t press anymore, but nobody’s perfect...), Bartomeu and the board are. Letting the squad get too old, signing big name players that don’t fit in the squad, turning Barca into a team of (old and mediocre) galacticos, and decimating the academy (upon which the Barca dynasty was built), all in the service of chasing cash, are Bartomeu’s fault. Fuck him and the socios that allowed this to happen.

Well never mind, says Messi.

Should be great for team spirit.

What does the collective think about transfer window winners/losers in the Prem? Still a couple weeks to go but the season has already started.

Seems like United have lost out on every player the were pursuing.

Spurs/Liverpool were having a non-existent transfer window until the Bale/Thiago pickups.

Relatively quiet by City's standard but a decent window for them. Could still snag Upemacano or Koulibaly if they want to splash some cash.

Totally biased, but I think Arsenal had a strong window which could only be better if they pick up Partey or Aouar or both. Need to sell more than just Martinez to make that happen though.

Unrelated to the transfer window, good to see Leeds back in the prem and playing an exciting style as well.

Edited because somehow I forgot Chelsea, who made a handful of great pickups but didn't really address their leaky defense and atrocious goal keeping. Not entirely surprising that they did a lot of business just a bit our from their transfer ban.

I’ve also been impressed with Everton. Rodriguez and Doucoure are good signings for them....

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My kid was at the perfect age when he arrived on the scene. His coach had coached him at a U-something level and the hype was over the top. We took him to a game when he played in Boston and then the hype just faded away.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...terlen-FF.html

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    My kid was at the perfect age when he arrived on the scene. His coach had coached him at a U-something level and the hype was over the top. We took him to a game when he played in Boston and then the hype just faded away.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...terlen-FF.html
    Crazy, now there are so many good young Americans that the hype just transfers to a new one every few months...
    Pusilic->Reyna-> McKennie-> Dest...

I am impressed with both Christiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimavich. Fkn animals
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Crazy, now there are so many good young Americans that the hype just transfers to a new one every few months...
    Pusilic->Reyna-> McKennie-> Dest...
    The USSF criminally mismanaged a whole generation of players (after Dempsey/Donovan and before Pulisic). Just a ton of wasted talent.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
    The USSF criminally mismanaged a whole generation of players (after Dempsey/Donovan and before Pulisic). Just a ton of wasted talent.
    True, but now the base is strong.
    I am seriously typing "did you see that American teenager score for Barca in the Champions League eairler?"
    Last edited by Woodsy; 11-25-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Soccer cant be take seriously in the USA when shit like this is till taking place in the MLS.
    A fwaking playoff game, so the leagues best refs get assigned and they fawk it up soooo bad.
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...B7wn7BUQ0shOvs

Watch this whole debacle of a professional game and try to convince me how anyone can take the MLS seriously:

I refuse to watch MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I refuse to watch MLS.
    After watching this ^ the refs take 20 minutes to figure out how/who can take the last 2 penalty kicks, you’ll promise your self not to watch MLS for another 20 years.

Lost all real interest in MLS when they let Real Salt Lake build their stadium in Sandy....

they continue to shoot themselves in the foot in a time of unprecedented interest in Soccer in America. Its mindblowing.

that being said, their academies have led to a lot of the young talent coming up, and shipping out because who wants to play in that kangaroo league aside from older pros who cant hack it in Europe anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I refuse to watch MLS.
    I don't refuse, I just have no interest. And I pay extra to get a channel I need to watch Arsenal. Which is stupid, I know. But still. I'm MLS's target market and I don't care if it exists.

I guess that’s more of where I’m at. I’ve tried to watch but I have no interest. I’d rather watch Championship.

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

God is dead. RIP Diego.

ETA: MLS is brutally unwatchable.

always loved this photo

Name:  Image1606323618.444309.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  196.0 KB