Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Then why the fuck did you come into this thread to make a comment?
    In the hopes that someone can explain why having a team tie its way into a league championship is exciting. This is 'Murica, where we win, not play for ties (ok except for ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    That's unfortunate. While I admire what Atletico is able to do with lesser talent than the teams they have defeated, it's sad to see that, even more so, people are figuring out successful strategies to kill offence and creativity in soccer.

Same thing had happened in hockey and they are still trying to figure out how to minimize the ability of teams to choke the life out of games.
    Bahhhh. Defense wins championships. Even when Barca and Bayern have won they've done so in good part on the back of solid defense.

And its not like Athletico have ground out boring 0-0 draws and won on penalty kicks. They scored 3 goals aggregate against Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In the hopes that someone can explain why having a team tie its way into a league championship is exciting. This is 'Murica, where we win, not play for ties (ok except for ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc).
    Your trolling is about as fucking stupid as you can get.

See, if you are going to troll, you can't repeat the age-old gnashings of a idiotic populace from 1985. You have to be new and original. When you go with "THIS IS 'MURICA" it conveniently ignores the multitude of other options that are available which show an engaged and intellectually stimulated troll. Going with old, dead trope... well, It's like throwing out slurs because you can't actually come up with any other witty rejoinder. Now if possible, you could have come with some stronger game, it would have been entertaining. Instead what we see is the douchebag, scattergun approach to trolling, and no one wants to see that.

See, I know that the "This is murica, I hate ties" routine is shortly going to be followed (likely) by homophobic slurs against players referencing to them being "limp wristed" or "pansies" for diving or the way they play on the field. That's how dead your fucking troll is in the pantheon of trolling against soccer. IT's fucking awful. Seriously, you might as well start hearkening back to the good old days of Todd Bertuzzi sucker punching Steve Moore as some kind of hallmark for the masculinity of 'MURICA!

Of course, my rejoinder would be all kinds of videos of the horrific injuries that soccer players have on the field, most of which you aren't going to watch. I mean, we all know that you just came in here to be a dick for no other reason than you like to be a dick to people who like soccer, which is hilarious because I'm not coming into the hockey thread telling you that your sport is a pile of shit. No, I like (and more importantly respect) hockey, and if I didn't like hockey I'd stay the fuck out of your thread because I'm not trying to somehow prove my intellectual superiority by coming into your fucking thread telling you that your league is shit.

DO BETTER.

The "THIS IS 'MURICA" is like a kid shouting no-scope these days in a video game without any sense of irony. Or using LEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS, or some kind of deflategate "Deflated balls" pun against the Patriots. It's been fucked to death, taken out back, beaten and then hung to dry. You might as well talk about Brett Hull's foot in the crease or Marty McSorley references. All of these are old as fuck, as well. I mean, hell we could even go with a Claude Lemieux hate diss or an old Scott Gomez clutching and grabbing the devils to the cup joke because why-the-fuck-not. I mean, that shit is only from what, 16 years ago or so? It's almost so old it can drive. Let's just utilize the lowest common denominator for our trolling.

Am I the only one who finds a game where one team is white and the other a yellow (Man City v Real) nearly unwatchable?

I was hoping for City but I will have to vote for Real in the title game. Athletico's tactics are too cynical, they don't deserve to be there.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Simeone is the new iteration of mou. It ain't pretty soccer but that guy hates to lose so much he will do anything. And it works. That said, I can't wait to see the rematch of madrids. Ronnie and bale are gonna get kicked around the park. RM's defense is shaky and I wouldn't put it past grease monkey to score a sitters goal. AM in the final OT.

Go Atletico. Ronaldo...although a great fucking player...drives me nuts. Also, Pepe. WTF.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Who's watching?

Missed PK by Athletico was huge.

Shootout to decide it

Fucking shitballs.

US rolling at half over Bolivia. 2-0. Friday vs Colombia is when it really counts.

I can't take US soccer seriously these days. And MLS is a joke.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Colombia...beware of the own goal.

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

US under Klinsmann have about as much chance as England do under Hodgson. It's up to the players to make anything real happen in those tournaments. Neither coach seems to really understand their squad and will be lucky to keep their jobs after these competitions.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Down 1-0 off a corner

If we can't defend on set pieces its a lost cause. I've never liked Guzan. He always seems like fucking it up - certainly doesn't make the instinctive saves that Howard can.

Weak hand ball. 2-0. Diseased.

Yeah but would the U.S. Ever get a break from a Mexican ref.

I think the Klinnsman experiment is close to over. It's getting close to time to cut bait on him and some of the over the hill talent like Bradley and Dempsey and start bringing in young homegrown talent to get some experience and develop for the future.

Bradley stinks. A number of giveaways and crap passes.
    Last edited by smitchell333; 06-03-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Mexico and Uruguay both playing with 10 men now. Uruguay ties it up on ensuing free kick. They played the Chilean national anthem by mistake for Uruguay at the start of the game. How do you F that up. Embarrassing.

2-1 Mexico. The ref has had his hands full. I fear for his life after this game. If he crosses Mexico, he will not get out of the stadium alive. Pretty rowdy, 97% pro Mexico crowd. Is this game in Mexico City of Arizona?

3-1. Uruguay goalie confronting the ref after the game. Tensions are high. Entertaining game.

I have tix to the USA vs. Paraguay game in Philly. Taking my two sons and meeting my BIL and nephews and niece there. Should be fun!!!

This is a game the US should win. Damnit.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

1-0 USA on a PK in the 9th minute. Costa Rica controlling play and possession.

2-0 USA. Jones with a nice shot in the 37th.

3-0. Floodgates open. Wood in the 42nd