Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2396
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Liverpool and Barca are my two favorite teams. My ancestors are traced back to Liverpool, one of them was mayor there in the early 1800s.
    your ancestors MAY remember when Liverpool won a title, most people dont.

Messi is unreal.

Ajax taking it to Spurs yesterday, shoulda been going back to Amsterdam with more than a 1-0 lead, but hopefully it'll hold up despite Son being back.

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    your ancestors MAY remember when Liverpool won a title, most people dont.
    I remember 2005

Humm, how many titles has MU won?
    The club has won 5 European Cups, more than any other English club, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, a record 8 League Cups, and 15 FA Community Shields.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I remember 2005

Humm, how many titles has MU won?
    Heh

Manchester United have won more trophies than any other club in English football,[5][6] with a record 20 League titles, 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a record 21 FA Community Shields. United have also won three UEFA Champions Leagues, one UEFA Europa League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup. In 1998–99, the club became the first in the history of English football to achieve the continental European treble.[7] By winning the UEFA Europa League in 2016–17, they became one of five clubs to have won all three main UEFA club competitions. ]

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Heh

And how's that working out for them this season?

And how's that working out for them this season?
    Likely to win as many trophies as Liverpool unfortunately.

With Ajax & barca likely UCL finalists, how many Cruyff articles are we gonna see written in the coming weeks?

& good lord this was gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Likely to win as many trophies as Liverpool unfortunately.

With Ajax & barca likely UCL finalists, how many Cruyff articles are we gonna see written in the coming weeks?

& good lord this was gorgeous
    Amazing shot. Shouldn't have been a foul, though.

Oh and Kinnikinnick & Sum Jong,
    while you beat your chests about past glories, lets be real.

There are 3 current trophies a year that matter in any domestic European league (although Club world cup is cool) , the primary Cup, the title, and the Champions league. The treble.
    The Community Shield is a glorified friendly and the Carling,/cocacola/COCup/League cup is a secondary trophy like the Europa league.

Its the treble that matters.
    as in
    Have you ever won a treble have you fuck?
    Have you ever won a treble have you fuck?
    Have you ever won a treble like Phil and Gary Neville,
    have you ever won a treble have you fuck?

Teams that can say yes:

Celtic, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Inter, Bayern, & Barcelona (twice!)
    Barca may make that 3 this year

What a game. Liverpool dominated Barcelona.
    IMHO they are the strong contender to win the Champions league title. I don't see Ajax or Tottenham able to give Liverpool a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    What a game. Liverpool dominated Barcelona.
    IMHO they are the strong contender to win the Champions league title. I don't see Ajax or Tottenham able to give Liverpool a run for their money.
    They did that with M Salah sitting out in concussion protocol. Maybe that confused Barca with the last minute lineup change.

Wow. That was a schooling.

Messi missed a couple shots that woulda put it outta reach with the away goals but without some referee gifts they were adrift compared to Liverpool’s furious attack and press.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Wow...

Stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wow. Two straight days of amazing games. So much drama!

Liverpool vs. Ajax could be a great game. Liverpool vs. Spurs would be a great game for scouse.

They did that with M Salah sitting out in concussion protocol. Maybe that confused Barca with the last minute lineup change.
    True, but the 3-0 Barca win was much closer than it seemed. Liverpool squandered some chances, and Messi showed his class. Barca was lucky to come away with that strong of a result. I think Liverpool moving on is justified, as they were clearly the better team in the tie. For Liverpool to do what they did without Salah AND Firmino.....

Ajax/Spurs will be huge underdogs, and deservedly so. But you never know.

Here is a question: If Liverpool wins the Champions League, as they should, and Man City wins the league, it would be a huge collapse if they don't, would they want to trade places? Man City desperately wants the UCL, and Liverpool wants the league more. I'm not talking about the players here, but more the fan bases.

Honestly, for Liverpool to lose the UCL or Man City to lose the league would be a pretty big fuck up for either. I guess if Harry Kane is fully fit for the final Spurs might have a shot, and I guess you have to give Ajax a shot, they have gotten this far, but the reds have to be very heavy favorites. And Man City, if they can't beat BHA, even on the road, in their last game of the year with everything to play for......That would be pathetic.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

EPL championship translates to more local bragging rights. Fans are always going to want that first and foremost. All four teams remaining in the CL conversation and both L and City have a lot to be proud of. It's almost a given that both will win this weekend. Only real surprise would be if they both lost, but table stays the same in that event, just like if they both win as expected.

Just watched Pool-Barca, and am also stunned. Just shocking.

Chelsea ban upheld. Hazard has a foot out the door. Will he still go? Obviously Real needs him. If he goes Chelsea is in trouble with no way to replace him, though that might mean we see a lot of Pulisic next year...

I’m a Chelsea fan. I can’t believe they made CL. Not from winning for sure but for others meltdowns.

Hazard is gone for sure. He served that team extremely well. He was almost all of their production and will be fully lost without him. No one can replace him but maybe they can learn to play a team style with sarri. Who knows.

They are filled with overachieving undertalent and underachieving talent. Depends on coaching and formation on how they perform. I. E. Wingbacks Moses and Alonso. Great under Contes system that had them push up and overwhelm defenses when they had the ball. Alonso looks like he has his shoes tied in 1v.1 situations.

Well done Liverpool, well done.

Grudgingly have to admit Liverpool and spurs both look great and deserve all they get.

Spurs made lots of smart decisions with coaching, personnel and sales.

Liverpool got huge support from BSG and followed the same path to success as the Red Sox. Formerly great sports franchises that have fallen but just need to be rebuilt and invested in. Smart moves.

Sorry. End of rant.

This CL match is off to a hot start. Ajax scoring in the first 4 minutes, Son hitting the post 2 minutes later....
    Tottenham need a few goals now to advance.

Aw shit

Holy shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........