Best midfielder on the planet

Spurs put the wood to Arsenal.
    Damn

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Big win by Tottenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Spurs put the wood to Arsenal.
    Damn
    Fucking implosion by Arsenal. The only reason I’m not disappointed is because before the game I already knew I was going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Fucking implosion by Arsenal. The only reason I’m not disappointed is because before the game I already knew I was going to be disappointed.
    ^^ and now they have newcastle and relegation fighting everton while tottenham have burnley and norwich. not confident this is going to end well.

Hopefully the Gunners show some pride and FIGHT for that Wenger trophy

Hopefully the Gunners show some pride and FIGHT for that Wenger trophy
    Arsène Wenger "4th place is like a Trophy"
    The club has really taken that to heart.

20/21 Premier League 8 Mikel Arteta
    19/20 Premier League 8 Mikel Arteta
    18/19 Premier League 5 Unai Emery
    17/18 Premier League 6 Arsène Wenger
    16/17 Premier League 5
    15/16 Premier League 2
    14/15 Premier League 3
    13/14 Premier League 4
    12/13 Premier League 4
    11/12 Premier League 3
    10/11 Premier League 4
    09/10 Premier League 3
    08/09 Premier League 4
    07/08 Premier League 3
    06/07 Premier League 4
    05/06 Premier League 4 Arsène Wenger

2022 is looking like 5th for THE Arsenal unless some truly strange shit happens on Sunday.
    wow, Gunners just cant have nice things.

But respect for finishing above United's sorry ass. But we did win the youth cup which always leads to good ...

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    ^^ and now they have newcastle and relegation fighting everton while tottenham have burnley and norwich. not confident this is going to end well.
    Good lord what a shitshow today. So fun.

Both Tottenham and Newcastle completely out worked and out intense-d them.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Good lord what a shitshow today. So fun.

Both Tottenham and Newcastle completely out worked and out intense-d them.
    Yep. Pathetic showing by Arsenal. Their D on that second Newcastle goal was laughable.

Huge comeback by Liverpool to keep pace with City!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Huge comeback by Liverpool to keep pace with City!!
    So you are counting on Lpool to beat Wolves, with out looking forward to the 28th...
    and for the Hammers to beat or draw with City.

Not sure if you have ever been to a match in east London or hung out with Hammers fans in a pub during a match but they sing a song that is appropriate here

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
    Pretty bubbles in the air.
    They fly so high,
    Nearly reach the sky,
    Then like my dreams,
    They fade and die.

Fortune's always hiding,
    I've looked everywhere,
    I'm forever blowing bubbles,
    Pretty bubbles in the air.

here's to hoping this "team of a generation" finish the Season with just an FA Cup won on penalties...

It's all out there on the line for someone to blow it Sunday LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's all out there on the line for someone to blow it Sunday LOL!
    Hopefully that's Tottenham.

But i'm guessing it won't be.

Woooh. Go Eintracht!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Dude. The end of the soccer season has not been kind.

Arsenal blew it with three games left to finish 5th (assuming)

Wrexham had first in their hand then dropped it and now have to fight for promotion.

My daughter’s HS team got knocked out of the playoffs unexpectedly

Even my mens league team - was up 4-0 with 20 minutes left. Win the game and we won the league. Gave up 4 to tie 4-4.

I think I might start watching hockey.

Not a premier league fan. But Everton coming back to avoid relegation was awesome. Not many people realize that Everton is historically the 3rd best team in England after Liverpool and ManU.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

That Everton win was unbelievable. Fans rushing the field before it was even over
    You have to love how the fear of relegation creates such intensity and passion at the bottom of the table.

Everton have an amazing fan base, particularly because they never got the global following of United and Liverpool.

If you meet an Everton fan in London, the states or on the continent they usually sound like one of the Beatles...

Kane feeling ill and may not play against the Canaries.
    Hope he doesn't Pukki.

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Yeah, not sure if he'll be enough to save Arsenal, but Ozil is world class. Bad move by Real to dump him, IMHO.
    yes its from Sept 2013, but wow this is a treat to read in retrospect...

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    You have to love how the fear of relegation creates such intensity and passion at the bottom of the table.
    The financial penalty or loss as a result of relegation totals an estimated $100 million (£80m) in terms of lost league revenue. This even includes the "parachute payments" that relegated teams receive from the Premier League for 3 years after relegation.
    This $100 m does not include losses to ticket revenue, merchandise sales, sponsorship deal losses. This is solely the league position payment, and league revenue sharing.
    Each position in the Premier Table equals an estimated $3.1 million (£2.5m) in prize money for each position you rise. With the Champions earring $192 million (£155m), and the bottom team earring $113 million (£91m).
    So Everton in 10th place last year earned $173 million (£139 m) and this season finishing in 16th place will earn them approximately $133 million (£107.5 m). Slipping 6 places this season is $40 million loss.
    Relegation is no joke, especially finically. The Championship Division is a tough league and if you don't make it back to the Premiere League in your first year, the chances are you're stuck there for year, possibly never to return.

Everton have an amazing fan base, particularly because they never got the global following of United and Liverpool.

If you meet an Everton fan in London, the states or on the continent they usually sound like one of the Beatles...

Kane feeling ill and may not play against the Canaries.
    Hope he doesn't Pukki.

HAHAHAHAHA
    They’ve had a bunch of foreign sponsors over the years - sportpesa, Chang beer for over a decade, Chinese keijan- and anecdotally there was some interest, but they just haven’t had any of the necessary euro club competition success ( by success I mean runs past the champions league group stage) in the modern era necessary for big fandom. Champions league or bust, and they couldn’t even make it out of the qualifying round their one chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The financial penalty or loss as a result of relegation totals an estimated $100 million (£80m) in terms of lost league revenue. This even includes the "parachute payments" that relegated teams receive from the Premier League for 3 years after relegation.
    This $100 m does not include losses to ticket revenue, merchandise sales, sponsorship deal losses. This is solely the league position payment, and league revenue sharing.
    Each position in the Premier Table equals an estimated $3.1 million (£2.5m) in prize money for each position you rise. With the Champions earring $192 million (£155m), and the bottom team earring $113 million (£91m).
    So Everton in 10th place last year earned $173 million (£139 m) and this season finishing in 16th place will earn them approximately $133 million (£107.5 m). Slipping 6 places this season is $40 million loss.
    Relegation is no joke, especially finically. The Championship Division is a tough league and if you don't make it back to the Premiere League in your first year, the chances are you're stuck there for year, possibly never to return.
    Fuck, where’s all that money coming from?! Russian and Middle Eastern oil?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    They’ve had a bunch of foreign sponsors over the years - sportpesa, Chang beer for over a decade, Chinese keijan- and anecdotally there was some interest, but they just haven’t had any of the necessary euro club competition success ( by success I mean runs past the champions league group stage) in the modern era necessary for big fandom. Champions league or bust, and they couldn’t even make it out of the qualifying round their one chance.
    Might not have as many lame ass bandwagon international fans as Chelsea or Man city. But their supporters in England who actually go to games are much more devoted than the fancy lad Chelsea fans and vastly outnumber man city fans. The influx of foreign money/ownership has totally distorted the premier league and ruined some teams, like Arsenal and Man U.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Might not have as many lame ass bandwagon international fans as Chelsea or Man city. But their supporters in England who actually go to games are much more devoted than the fancy lad Chelsea fans and vastly outnumber man city fans. The influx of foreign money/ownership has totally distorted the premier league and ruined some teams, like Arsenal and Man U.

I feel like Arsenal kinda ruined themselves.