Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2401

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

My reaction to the cities that were picked is that most of the stadiums that’ll be used absolutely suck for soccer. Are they going to play games on artificial turf? If so. What a complete joke of a WC.
    Last edited by altacoup; 06-17-2022 at 11:37 AM.

I don't think artificial turf is allowed from what friends who care more have told me. They're gonna have to put in grass for the matches.

Apparently the field surface of sofi stadium in LA isn’t big enough to have a legal soccer pitch on it. So they’re going to need to remodel a brand new stadium.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

They can’t find 20 yards? International minimum is 110*70 yds, NFL field is 120*53.33 yards. At youth level football fields often had a higher crown than a decent soccer field, no idea at the nfl level. I assume they’ll use some movable turf solution.

Using a field that is the international minimum would be bush league for the World Cup.

Does anyone remember watching Arsenal play at highbury? I dont think the pitch was that much smaller but it did look odd from the camera angle

World Cup requires a larger field than the international minimum. Arsenal stadium known as Highbury actually was a smaller pitch as were many of the older style British stadiums.

Most are 115*74 now, which is what the premier league & Uefa want. Smaller fields have expanded, longer fields contracted if only for events (2017 champions league final notable for lots of green because they marked in the big millennium stadium field) It’s about midpoint of the international pitch size, something that dates from 1897, a reduction from the earlier 200*100 maximum.

the only source for the sofi rumor I could find was the daily mail. Clearly fifa didn’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Clearly fifa didn’t care.
    I see a recurring theme

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    My reaction to the cities that were picked is that most of the stadiums that’ll be used absolutely suck for soccer. Are they going to play games on artificial turf? If so. What a complete joke of a WC.
    Does unlimited $$$ mean anything to you?

They’re going to have the finest fucking grass you’ve ever seen in each of those stadiums!

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Does unlimited $$$ mean anything to you?

They’re going to have the finest fucking grass you’ve ever seen in each of those stadiums!
    the finest fucking grass is now banned

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wor...-the-16-venues

This was my source for sofi not being big enough. Looks like either Dallas or New Jersey will host the final. Estadio Azteca was the obvious choice, quite possibly the best stadium in soccer at least top 5. But FIFA is gonna fifa and they couldn’t afford to have the final outside of the USA. Also I had never seen a picture of the outside of Chivas’ stadium. Holy fuck that thing is awesome. Might be the coolest stadium in all of soccer except for my glorioso Estadio Benito Villamarin.

Happy to see we're paying The Egyptian Magician to hang around for awhile longer. Just ordered another M. Salah jersey..
    Getting one like this.. Love the look of it..

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  30.5 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Happy to see we're paying The Egyptian Magician to hang around for awhile longer. Just ordered another M. Salah jersey..
    Getting one like this.. Love the look of it..

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  30.5 KB
    Good!! Yes, nice jersey!

^^^The one i ordered came with the FIFA Champions League 2019 patch. SWEET!^^^

Charlotte FC defeats Chelsea FC 5-3 in penalties

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This calls for a new family photo..

Never alone..

Little over a week to go until Premier League starts! What have been the big changes during the off-season? Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal seems big to me. And of course Haaland to City.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Little over a week to go until Premier League starts! What have been the big changes during the off-season? Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal seems big to me. And of course Haaland to City.
    Today did not suck... Oh wait, City sucked today...

LEEEEEETS GETTT READDDDYY TOU RRRRUMBLLLEEE!

With Premier League kicking off today and Brudesliiga and La Liga starting up next week its time to start talking about the best players in the world.

Curious to see how Arsenal v. Palace turns out today, both teams should be improved vs last year and Viera v. Arteta is interesting.
    Think City will be tough to beat, Liver pool will be worse off w/o Mane but who can say how much. Spurs seem to be ready to truly challenge & the rest I have no idea.

Love what United has done to date, but not sure this is the year it pays off. Expecting to see Sancho truly have an impact tho.

As an arsenal fan at the start of the season I’m both optimistic and depressed at the same time.

Team should be better. Looks of good signing with pretty much no strength lost.

And will probably finish 5th.

Everyone gets a reprieve with the World Cup break. Some will play better after, some will be hit with injuries during that hurt them afterwards.

I'm always more excited for WC play than league play though so it's worth it, Extra bonus awesome football season. Go Reds, Go USA, then England, then maybe Mexico if they're still alive in the final. Then Go Reds again!

Good game by both Arsenal and Palace to kick it off!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Good game by both Arsenal and Palace to kick it off!
    Arsenal looked concerningly competent upfront at times. And then they would waste chances and the world was right again. But Jesus is really good at soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Arsenal looked concerningly competent upfront at times. And then they would waste chances and the world was right again. But Jesus is really good at soccer.
    Give them a few games
    Yes, he’s a huge addition.

Brentford DESTROYING Man U 4-0, 37 minutes in. Crowd loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Brentford DESTROYING Man U 4-0, 37 minutes in. Crowd loving it.