Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2401
    My only regret about the Super League collapsing so quickly is that I had hoped that it would do more legal damage to UEFA/FIFA on its way out.

Altasnob, how was living in Sevilla? I only visited once for a few days doing my standard poverty tour of just walking around the city. Still, it seemed like a nice place. I'd like to live in Spain again at some point if I can figure out a way to do so for a few years, but I was more thinking of the north of the country for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    My only regret about the Super League collapsing so quickly is that I had hoped that it would do more legal damage to UEFA/FIFA on its way out.

Altasnob, how was living in Sevilla? I only visited once for a few days doing my standard poverty tour of just walking around the city. Still, it seemed like a nice place. I'd like to live in Spain again at some point if I can figure out a way to do so for a few years, but I was more thinking of the north of the country for some reason.
    Besides the fact that I was a broke student/teacher and only skied twice in 4 years. It was fucking awesome. Sevilla is a city that’s really a town. Super walkable beautiful city, friendliest people I’ve ever met. It’s literally impossible to sit in a bar for more than 2 minutes without a stranger starting a friendly conversation. Northern Spain is like a different country. Fuck Barcelona, hands down the lamest city in Spain, but tourists love it. People there are about as friendly as NYC, food and culture there are overrated unless you have big bucks. Pais Vasco, Cantabria, Austurias and Galicia are cool but the vibe of Andalucia is just a different world. I’ve traveled a lot and the people in Andalucia are the friendliest most fun people I’ve ever met. Speaking good Castilian is key as it’s the region of Spain with probably the lowest level of locals that speak English and anadluz is a wholly different dialect of Castilian and is spoken much faster than Castilian in any other part of the world (Cubans speak similarly). Right now the real estate market in rural Spain is dirt cheap. I’m seriously considering buying a small apartment in rural Andalucia soon for retirement. Only problem is retirement is well over 25 years away for me. If I was to live in a city in Spain it’d be Sevilla, Granada, or San Sebastián. And if I could own a place in San Lucar de Barameda I could probably just give up on skiing and drink manzanilla, smoke bellota and eat sea food for the rest of my life. PM if you have any questions. And if you ever go to a Betis game again let me know. I’m probably the only American who’s tight with the hooligan crowd (they’re all right wingers and they know I’m basically a commie but they’re fun as shit to drink with) if you want to see the real fun side of futbol.l

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

But in San Sebastian you have to buy Solidarity t shirts for communist Kurdish female fighting squads in the bars from former basque freedom fighters.....

I like Asturias and Galicia more than the basque country. nice people, Nice waves, nice climbing. Everything south is too hot.
    The Basques are a bit too aggr9 in the water. Climbers are nice though. So maybe it's just the general Surfer assailed thing they got going.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Watching Arsenal melting down real time right now in Europa is both very sad and kind of satisfying. And I'm saying this as an Arsenal fan.

Manchester United fans with moronic “protest” ie trespassing/invasion of Old Trafford.

What a bunch of cunts

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

With all the commotion, woulda been an easy opportunity to climb atop the scoreboard and install a clock that said 45:00, counted down, and could be started and stopped by, say, I dunno, maybe the ref...

Another thing. Certainly the greatest of all footballers possess uncanny situational awareness, right? Then why is it they STILL scamper over to the corner after they score a goal? Ummm, that made sense before the stands became completely empty -- to stand in the corner was to celebrate amidst the maximum mass of humanity. Now? There ain't nobody over there.

Running in place before kicking the ball? FWIW the laws of physics prevent that from helping you burst forward.

Same idea with the goalies that punt with a sideways leg, WTF???!!! If you wanna punt it lower, just aim lower lol.

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

I can’t wait to rub this one in on all my Man U English friends. Invading old trafford is way more offensive than invading the Capitol :;

Then again, everyone is protesting some sort of Asshole Americans so may be a push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

English football fans a bunch of entitled louts? Who could have guessed?

I’ve been a M U fan if sorts, but if these people think that they can force a sale and that the result would be a return to MU dominance they are a pack of dunces.

Kinda like to see it get sold and MU drift down to the relegation zone, not in CL, not in Europa, ie dumbass know it all fans get their reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    English football fans a bunch of entitled louts? Who could have guessed?

I’ve been a M U fan if sorts, but if these people think that they can force a sale and that the result would be a return to MU dominance they are a pack of dunces.

Kinda like to see it get sold and MU drift down to the relegation zone, not in CL, not in Europa, ie dumbass know it all fans get their reward.

Do you have any concept at how much money the Glazers have taken out of the club in 15 years?
    Hazard a guess for me, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Do you have any concept at how much money the Glazers have taken out of the club in 15 years?
    Hazard a guess for me, please.
    So just any new owner will automatically be successful because...theyre not the Glazers?

Because you spoiled louts are fans?

19/20Europa LeagueEuropa League Participant
    18/19Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    17/18UEFA Super Cup runner-upUEFA Super Cup runner-up
    17/18FA Cup Runner upFA Cup Runner up
    17/18Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    16/17Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    16/17EFL CupEnglish League Cup winner
    16/17Europa LeagueEuropa League Participant
    16/17Europa LeagueEuropa League Winner
    15/16Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    15/16FA CupFA Cup Winner
    15/16Europa LeagueEuropa League Participant
    13/14Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    13/14Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    12/13Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    12/13Premier LeagueEnglish Champion
    11/12Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    11/12Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    11/12Europa LeagueEuropa League Participant
    10/11Premier LeagueEnglish Champion
    10/11Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    10/11Champions League runner-upChampions League runner-up
    10/11Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    09/10EFL CupEnglish League Cup winner
    09/10Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    08/09Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    08/09FIFA Club World CupFIFA Club World Cup winner
    08/09EFL CupEnglish League Cup winner
    08/09Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    08/09Champions League runner-upChampions League runner-up
    08/09UEFA Super Cup runner-upUEFA Super Cup runner-up
    08/09Premier LeagueEnglish Champion
    07/08Community ShieldEnglish Supercup Winner
    07/08Premier LeagueEnglish Champion
    07/08Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    07/08UEFA Super Cup runner-upUEFA Super Cup runner-up
    07/08UEFA Champions LeagueChampions League Winner
    06/07Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    06/07FA Cup Runner upFA Cup Runner up
    06/07Premier LeagueEnglish Champion
    05/06Champions League ParticipantChampions League Participant
    05/06EFL CupEnglish League Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So just any new owner will automatically be successful because...theyre not the Glazers?

Because you spoiled louts are fans?
    Well aware of the success we had, especially at the beginning of their tenure, but I asked a question. Please answer it.
    With in the answer lies part of the answer to your question.
    No, not automatically but any owner that puts more into the club than they take out of it ( leveraged buyout still being financed, £125m to Glazer family members in dividends, theres more)

Well aware of the success we had, especially at the beginning of their tenure, but I asked a question. Please answer it.
    With in the answer lies part of the answer to your question.
    No, not automatically but any owner that puts more into the club than they take out of it ( leveraged buyout still being financed, £125m to Glazer family members in dividends, theres more)
    could easily be wrong but thought I heard Glazers take $100M/year? Also hear they haven't invested anything into the stadium since the takeover so that's saving tons of $. confirm?

and please stop with the community shield being a trophy. It's just a preseason match.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    The only observation I have is that the league then CL format may not be fair to all. The EPL is extremely competitive and physically rigorous. English teams have a hard time competing in the EPL and going all the way to the CL finals.

Who’s consistently winning or getting to the final rounds? Barca, RM, PSG, BM. Part of that has got me convinced it’s that they play a less rigorous league schedule and are sometimes already wrapped up first place before the semi-final CL games. Who cares who wins the Spanish league? RM, Barca and AM are almost assured a top 4 finish and CL next season.
    Think this guy comes back and admits how absolutely fuull of shit he was now that we have 2 English teams in the final for the second time in 3 years?

Pulisic's assist was frosty and skilled
    Last edited by Woodsy; 05-05-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    could easily be wrong but thought I heard Glazers take $100M/year? Also hear they haven't invested anything into the stadium since the takeover so that's saving tons of $. confirm?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/MANU:US

Think this guy comes back and admits how absolutely fuull of shit he was now that we have 2 English teams in the final for the second time in 3 years?

Pulisic's assist was frosty and skilled
    Plus at least MU in the Europa league final.

I will gladly admit that I think the EPL is the most competitive league. I think all the other top 3 or 4 teams in other leagues have an advantage to get them to the CL final rounds.

PSG play healthy number of teams that might not survive the league below the prem. See PSG fully melt down? They were out pressed out played as a team. Everyone team swarmed Neymar once KM was out.

Notice RM looked old and not so amazing? Great talent but they couldn’t handle a press. LiVerpool put an old fashioned everyone gets a kick on Messi when they won.

EPL teams can play good soccer but definitely play the most athletic soccer. Maybe part of the dominance is the fact you’ve got to get through a whole season of competition not like the other leagues. If you can do that and still have energy left to get to the last rounds of the CL you’ll probably win.

Pulisic the first Yank in abChampions league final!!

I do think BM and PSG were the best teams last year and both deserved to be in the final.

Things worked out well for Man city - PSG had to beat BM along the way.

Pulisic goal rounding Courtois was fantastic. His assist this game was so controlled and calm under pressure. He is up for the biggest stage and the competition. Very impressed with him.

https://flip.it/sI71PC

That’s not a dynasty it’s an embarrassment. Any player in the Bundesliga that was a threat was purchased. Awesome team but total bullshit as far as making a competitive league.

In arguably the most boneheaded moves I can think of in recent American pro sports, the reigning 2020 MLS Cup Champions, the Columbus Crew, a 1996 founding member of the MLS, has announced that they are going to rebrand including eliminating the name "Crew" from the shield, logo and as the official name, and the new name will be Columbus SC.

New logo looks like shit too.

Way to celebrate your club's history there guys.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In arguably the most boneheaded moves I can think of in recent American pro sports, the reigning 2020 MLS Cup Champions, the Columbus Crew, a 1996 founding member of the MLS, has announced that they are going to rebrand including eliminating the name "Crew" from the shield, logo and as the official name, and the new name will be Columbus SC.

New logo looks like shit too.

Way to celebrate your club's history there guys.
    I’m a crew fan. Not die hard or anything but they are “my mls team”. Grew up in Ohio going to games as a kid at the shoe, have spent plenty of time in the Nordecke, so by no means a new fan. I’m not upset about this in the slightest. I had hoped they would do this exact thing years ago when they rebranded to Columbus Crew SC or whatever it is now. So many cheesy names in early MLS and American sports in general. Would honestly prefer FC over SC, but I’ll take it. Let The Crew be their nickname like The Reds for Liverpool or Gunners for Arsenal, etc. It just feels a little more professional. I can understand why people are upset and I honestly don’t know where the name The Crew came from, so maybe I’m missing something entirely, but yeah, into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable Lasagna View Post
    I’m a crew fan. Not die hard or anything but they are “my mls team”. Grew up in Ohio going to games as a kid at the shoe, have spent plenty of time in the Nordecke, so by no means a new fan. I’m not upset about this in the slightest. I had hoped they would do this exact thing years ago when they rebranded to Columbus Crew SC or whatever it is now. So many cheesy names in early MLS and American sports in general. Would honestly prefer FC over SC, but I’ll take it. Let The Crew be their nickname like The Reds for Liverpool or Gunners for Arsenal, etc. It just feels a little more professional. I can understand why people are upset and I honestly don’t know where the name The Crew came from, so maybe I’m missing something entirely, but yeah, into it.
    Fair, honest assessment and I agree with about 90% of it.

The timing is opportunistic but yet tone deaf, and the lack of supporters’ consensus... it just rings hollow.

Mebbe they shoulda changed their name to the Crüe to attract that key 80's boomer/Xer demographic.

You leave glam metal out of this.

Just looked up the new logo and it is, indeed, terrible. But, if they produce some memorable times with it, fans will look back on it fondly in a “man that logo was ugly but we tore it up during those years” type of way. Liverpool’s 13/14 kit for example. So so ugly but all I think of is Suarez celebrating goal after goal in it.