Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2407
    Guess the gulf payment got in in time to make sure a pk wasn’t awarded

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Arsenal couldn’t take advantage of the Spurs losing at home. United does though. Tight race for the CL.

Liverpool thrashes United. Mane and Salah are just unbelievable.

Sad news about Ronaldo’s son

Big win by Arsenal today.

ARRIBA, arriba ribba arriba BETIS CAMPEON! Somos campeones de Espana campeones el la cartuja!

I don’t even care that I tore my rotator cuff and going into surgery next week. Only wish I was en Sevilla. Sevilla es verdiblanca, es VERDIBLANCA! REAL BETIS CAMPEON!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Liverpool thrashes United. Mane and Salah are just unbelievable.

Sad news about Ronaldo’s son
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My kid said there were a bunch of Arsenal fans, students from England, sitting by him at the Oklahoma football game today. He responded to their singing with '"NEVER WALK ALONE!!!" That's my boi!! LOL

Ya Ronaldo's son, that sucks. Doesn't matter if you love or hate him, that sucks..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

BETIS ALE! Tenemos que ganar la copa. A la plaza nueva, hay que volver!

Better than so many bottomless pow days! I’ve skied soo many good days. But the 2 Copa del Rey finals that MI BETIS have won are beyond special. Both won by local boys in overtime. And Juan Miranda who scored the winning goal today was in the stands with his whole family the last time Betis won in 2005. In the 2005 final the local boy, Dani, who scored the winning goal in extra time was coming off 2 back to back seasons ruined by acl injuries. Those are the things that make Betis special. I knew we’d win today, but also knew it would be an afternoon of suffering. That’s what it means to be BETICO! Aunque ultimo estuviera siempre te ven campeon!

^^^Don't drop it under the party bus!

https://twitter.com/ThomasBroggini/s...llKzFEAii0yCpQ

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I hate how good this Liverpool squad is..

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Between the dominance of City and Lfc, it cant feel great to be a United supporter right now. But, it could be worse, you could be an Everton fan.

My son, a long time Pep & Barca fan, thinks City is comparable to the 10-14 year ago squad with Iniesta, Xavi, etc. I don't entirely agree, but the City/Real Madrid semi was a fun game to watch. As are both City & Liverpool in general. Barca is now showing flashes again, too.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I miss Stevie G!
    He was a dependable scouser fk up. Always knew he would bottle it somehow.

I felt the same way about Phil Jones.

Never thought he would become United's best defender by some distance, but its a funny old game.
    Last edited by berko; 04-28-2022 at 01:25 PM. Reason: clarity
    In with the 9.

Think even at his age Varane would argue, but sure lets go with Jones, still more PL Trophies than Stevie G...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JOnes.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	414754

I miss Stevie G!
    He was a dependable scouser fk up. Always knew he would bottle it somehow.
    Did he ever red card himself and England out of the knockout rounds?

Big win by Everton.

Lots of excitement for the race to the top, for no 4 and to not be relegated.

This week will be fun to watch.

City may really rue those missed chances in the first leg. They were clearly the better team, and they should have won by at least two goals. Madrid is still loaded with world class talent, and those core guys (Modric, Kroos, Benzema...) have won 4 CL crowns. If they get down in Madrid they really need to keep their heads, and it is an open question whether then will. They have astronomically more pressure on them than any of the final four, they need to win it.

In a sense they remind me of PSG: A team loaded with world class talent that has won the domestic league plenty of times but has not gotten the big prize. I wouldn't say PSG folded in the final against Bayern, in fact I think Bayern was probably the better team, but PSG has just seemed to lack belief at times. When things start to fall apart it's a 'here we go again' feeling. City are somewhat the same.

Of course, they are until they aren't. If City can exercise the demons than they are gone. Maybe everything changes.

I'm a Red Sox fan. In 2004, when the curse was finally lifted after 86 years, I was skeptical until Keith Foulke flipped the ball to Meintkewicz. Until it was actually over I was still scared, even with 2 outs, bottom of the 9th in a series where the bosox were up 3-0.

If City can get over the hump and they end up getting Haaland they might be able to string a few together. If they don't, and this era passes without lifting the CL, they will really rue last year.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    This week will be fun to watch.

City may really rue those missed chances in the first leg. They were clearly the better team, and they should have won by at least two goals. Madrid is still loaded with world class talent, and those core guys (Modric, Kroos, Benzema...) have won 4 CL crowns. If they get down in Madrid they really need to keep their heads, and it is an open question whether then will. They have astronomically more pressure on them than any of the final four, they need to win it.

In a sense they remind me of PSG: A team loaded with world class talent that has won the domestic league plenty of times but has not gotten the big prize. I wouldn't say PSG folded in the final against Bayern, in fact I think Bayern was probably the better team, but PSG has just seemed to lack belief at times. When things start to fall apart it's a 'here we go again' feeling. City are somewhat the same.

Of course, they are until they aren't. If City can exercise the demons than they are gone. Maybe everything changes.

I'm a Red Sox fan. In 2004, when the curse was finally lifted after 86 years, I was skeptical until Keith Foulke flipped the ball to Meintkewicz. Until it was actually over I was still scared, even with 2 outs, bottom of the 9th in a series where the bosox were up 3-0.

If City can get over the hump and they end up getting Haaland they might be able to string a few together. If they don't, and this era passes without lifting the CL, they will really rue last year.
    I’m a lifelong Sox fan as well and I felt the same way in 2004

I think I know the answer but would the top MLS team have a prayer of competing in the bottom of the Premier League? No, right?

they probably couldn’t handle the Championship
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    they probably couldn’t handle the Championship
    Brutal.

I was (trying) to watch MN vs LA last night. The level of play is just so boring and uninspiring.

Did they used to play the MLS all-stars against a top 6 PM team? Was kinda competitive but the PM teams didn't really care to try too hard or play their best players much.

Random note: I'm kinda annoyed that Arsenal is giving me hope. Would be more human to just end it now rather than waiting a few more weeks for the collapse.