Page 90 of 97 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2407
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    It's really interesting that top players sacrifice their legacy for a few bucks going to Saudi arabia.
    Entire PGA just said hold my bone saw..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Entire PGA just said hold my bone saw..
    Colour me totally shocked and surprised.

I mean can understand the messi money Grab because his career is over and he's a convicted tax fraud so his greedy Nature comes as no surprise, but others who are younger are never going to play a decent game again.

Same with the second tier going to China like Modeste did. Going from my Effzeh (Kölle) in the Bundesliga to China and came crawling back because it's crap.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Except Messi to Miami seems to be finalized.. he shipped the Saudi money.

From what I read he won't be eligible to play until July 5, but likely will be available for the MLS after then

Just looked at ATL UTD tickets for September 16 when Messi would potentially come to town. Usual section, 132, by the Supporters section and most games the goal UTD is shooting on in the 2nd half.

Typically ~$100 per ticket, maybe even less for decent seats. That Inter Miami game? Anywhere from $1,500-$750 for mid-section about row 17. Against dead-last Miami.

Next Saturday home match against 5th place Columbus? Front row for $90. LOL.
    I still call it The Jake.

Funny, we were looking at the same thing. Miami is in NE this weekend, but obviously no Messi yet. Takes about bring our boys to DC for a game as the wife has family there, but $1500 a ticket just ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Except Messi to Miami seems to be finalized.. he shipped the Saudi money.

From what I read he won't be eligible to play until July 5, but likely will be available for the MLS after then
    Sorry but that is nearly the same thing.

Who, after playing champions league for your whole life, wants to play in the American League? Just for a few bucks? He is nearly a billionaire.

Leave on a high note. But I mean he followed the money to Paris first and, i like to repeat it, is a convicted tax fraud criminal so: "go Miami space alligators!"
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Sorry but that is nearly the same thing.

Who, after playing champions league for your whole life, wants to play in the American League? Just for a few bucks? He is nearly a billionaire.

Leave on a high note. But I mean he followed the money to Paris first and, i like to repeat it, is a convicted tax fraud criminal so: "go Miami space alligators!"
    A, David Beckham and Pele' would like to have a talk with you

B, When it comes to athletes and entertainers and tax violations I'd not rule out that their accountants and lawyers screwed them. If they pay what they owe, all good.
    C. Moving to the US to avoid higher tax liabilities going forward is what half of the NHL players have done..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    A, David Beckham and Pele' would like to have a talk with you
    And Zlatan, and Bale, and Costa, and Shaqiri, and Cheillini, and Kaka, and Higuian, and Schweinsteiger, and Villa, and Lampard, and Henry, and Rooney...

This is now officially a thing.

MLS is the retirement home - it's like the Florida of football.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    <snip>
    I laffed.

Zlatan spun it back into a Serie A gig though which was impressive at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    And Zlatan, and Bale, and Costa, and Shaqiri, and Cheillini, and Kaka, and Higuian, and Schweinsteiger, and Villa, and Lampard, and Henry, and Rooney...

This is now officially a thing.

Its been that way for a long time Carlos Valderama in the 90s, many since.

I think the player that really exposed the gulf between MLS & European football was Robbie Keane. He was good, not great for Spurs, Lpool & Celtic in the 200s then came to LA in 2014 & won the MLS Most Valuable Player Award after a season in which he recorded a career high 19 goals and 14 assists in 29 appearances...

Pirlo used to love to walk around NYC because he could with out fans swarming or spitting ( depending on what side you took in Serie A) I remember seeing him chilling in a park and thinking that guy looks just like Pirlo, nah! until I saw a picture of him on the interwebz later that day in NYC dressed exactly like the guy I saw.

It was fun as hell to take my son to a DC United game with Tipp and his son to watch his favourite player at the time ( Rooney) score 2 goals right in front of us.

Whats not to love about Messi playing for Beckham in Miami...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Its been that way for a long time Carlos Valderama in the 90s, many since.

I think the player that really exposed the gulf between MLS & European football was Robbie Keane. He was good, not great for Spurs, Lpool & Celtic in the 200s then came to LA in 2014 & won the MLS Most Valuable Player Award after a season in which he recorded a career high 19 goals and 14 assists in 29 appearances...

Pirlo used to love to walk around NYC because he could with out fans swarming or spitting ( depending on what side you took in Serie A) I remember seeing him chilling in a park and thinking that guy looks just like Pirlo, nah! until I saw a picture of him on the interwebz later that day in NYC dressed exactly like the guy I saw.

It was fun as hell to take my son to a DC United game with Tipp and his son to watch his favourite player at the time ( Rooney) score 2 goals right in front of us.

Whats not to love about Messi playing for Beckham in Miami...

All good stuff Woodsy. I will say that I think the level of MLS has been raised quite a bit since Keane.

Right? In a prior life, I worked with Michael Clarke, formally of the then champion Columbus crew. He would tell me that winning a national title at IU was harder than anything he had to do in the MLS.

Fast forward to present day and it’s not even remotely the same animal. The MLS product is very exciting and it’s disingenuous to constantly hold it up to the Premier league as it’s equal.

An example of the top flight talent that is in the MLS now is an Atlanta United’s Thiago Almada, Messi’s WC winning teammate. I only hope they can hang on to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right? In a prior life, I worked with Michael Clarke, formally of the then champion Columbus crew. He would tell me that winning a national title at IU was harder than anything he had to do in the MLS.....
    Just to be that guy, I want to point out that I don't think Michael ever won the NCAA title. I played soccer, then went to IU (where I was no where good enough to play), and I remember him and his time there. He was great and got close twice.
    Last edited by alembical; 06-08-2023 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alembical View Post
    Just to be that guy, I want to point out that I don't think Michael ever won the NCAA title. I went played soccer, then went to IU (where I was no where good enough to play), and I remember him and his time there. He was great and got close twice.
    I couldn't remember if his IU team won or was runner up. That former life was a long time ago for me. Don't worry, you're not that guy. I do recall him clearly saying that things were harder at IU than they were with the Crew. I should look him up sometime, great guy.

I wish there was an MLS club I could support and go to matches.
    Red Bull Stadium is a haul and kinda meh and my Dodgers since the 70s Man Utd since the 90s ass cannot support a team co owned by the Yankees and Man City that plays in a Baseball stadium.

Railhawks games were hella fun here.. and going on when the kids were playing. My son got to be a ball boy at one of the games.. and brought the ball out to Bravo for the winning PK at the end of that game.

Minnesota Kicks games were fantastic early 80s.

Charlotte's too far from here for NCFC :-( The have some stuff at the Women's Training Center in Cary sometimes where the Hawks played. Oh well, it's definitely fun when it's convenient.

Imagine paying and then Messi doesn’t play.

You get to see last place Miami (although it’s a homecoming for our favorite striker and soon to be statue recipient Josef Martinez) for the low-low price of a few grand.

Ufda.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6867.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	461330

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I wish there was an MLS club I could support and go to matches.
    Red Bull Stadium is a haul and kinda meh and my Dodgers since the 70s Man Utd since the 90s ass cannot support a team co owned by the Yankees and Man City that plays in a Baseball stadium.
    We have an MLS team to cheer for. Live 30 min from Gillette and I have to say it's fun as hell going to Revs games! Have brought our 8 and 10 yo soccer obsessed boys to probably a dozen games over the past few years and it's amazing to have the opportunity.

SO much lower key than a Patriots game, which IMO is a good thing when the point is bringing the kids.

Both our town program and our club team host a "Night at the Revs" for a game or two every season where there's hundreds of kids playing in the parking lot before the game and then sitting and cheering from the same section.

Do I care about the Revs performance the way I do about the Patriots or the other Boston teams? Not even close..

But for my kids who love the game it's pretty incredible I can bring them to see it at a professional level for pretty cheap.

You get to see last place Miami (although it’s a homecoming for our favorite striker and soon to be statue recipient Josef Martinez) for the low-low price of a few grand.

Ufda.

Messi to Miami rumors have been flying for days before the signing, if only we'd all been smart enough to buy up $50 tickets and flip em for a G a piece.. lol

Ufda.

Have you never been to a summer exhibition game cash cow? Because that’s what happens.

Florida is closer geographically to Argentina and perhaps culturally. Donkey years ago Argentines told me how everyone went to Florida if they had the $

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    We have an MLS team to cheer for. Live 30 min from Gillette and I have to say it's fun as hell going to Revs games! Have brought our 8 and 10 yo soccer obsessed boys to probably a dozen games over the past few years and it's amazing to have the opportunity.

SO much lower key than a Patriots game, which IMO is a good thing when the point is bringing the kids.

Both our town program and our club team host a "Night at the Revs" for a game or two every season where there's hundreds of kids playing in the parking lot before the game and then sitting and cheering from the same section.

Do I care about the Revs performance the way I do about the Patriots or the other Boston teams? Not even close..

But for my kids who love the game it's pretty incredible I can bring them to see it at a professional level for pretty cheap.
    This is what I want.

boys travel club does a night with NYCFC but fuck soccer in a baseball stadium as well as the evil forces behind the team.

Mrs. Plug and her family are soccer nuts and they bought Charlotte v. Miami tickets to see Messi. (We all live around Seattle.). Tix have tripled. Imma combine it w/ a fly-fishing trip or sell.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

I was about to say the D in this game is amazing...

So when the PL strip City of the title is it not a treble or is it a treble*