Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2401
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Well he was an egregious cheater, besides the known hand of Diego he was almost certainly coked up all the time before they were systematically drug testing but yeah if that’s what you consider amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So you’re saying you don’t think Maradona was amazing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    So you’re saying you don’t think Maradona was amazing?

He had serious skills but I have come to believe that he was drugged up for much of his career. Serious deduction in my book. And the hand of God thing: deshonra. Even coked up he’s gotta still cheat for ARG to win and his legacy made??

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Well he was an egregious cheater, besides the known hand of Diego he was almost certainly coked up all the time before they were systematically drug testing but yeah if that’s what you consider amazing.

Cocaine is a performance enhancer? It is not like taking steroids.

Diego was an incredible player on the field. He certainly had his issues off the field.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

And the hand of God thing: deshonra. Even coked up he’s gotta still cheat for ARG to win and his legacy made??

He did score what many consider to be the greatest goal ever scored during that game. I get the England was demoralized after Diego punched it in, but there are only a couple of players in history who could have scored that goal. He dribble past half of the England team, that is a youth league goal and he did it in a world cup quarterfinal. It is entirely possible that no other player has ever had a better tournament than he did in 1986.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Maradona is one of the top 5 players to ever play the game, maybe the best, and that’s despite the yeyo, not because of it. And while the idea of fair play is fantastic and honorable, cheating, from diving to intentional handballs, is part of the what makes the beautiful game the beautiful game. It’s is a wonderful reflection of life, both the highs and the lows, and Maradona was perhaps the most raw and transparent example of that dichotomy. But I’ve been drinking iipas, so please excuse my rambling....

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Maradona is one of the top 5 players to ever play the game, maybe the best, and that’s despite the yeyo, not because of it. And while the idea of fair play is fantastic and honorable, cheating, from diving to intentional handballs, is part of the what makes the beautiful game the beautiful game. It’s is a wonderful reflection of life, both the highs and the lows, and Maradona was perhaps the most raw and transparent example of that dichotomy. But I’ve been drinking iipas, so please excuse my rambling....

Spoken as a true Argentinian. Cheating as blatant as handballing the ball into the goal isn’t a sign of moral bankruptcy but rather of how beautiful the game is.

Spoken as a true Argentinian. Cheating as blatant as handballing the ball into the goal isn’t a sign of moral bankruptcy but rather of how beautiful the game is.

you should see the doc.
    It is not a fluff piece at all and speaks to a lot of what you are saying.

Canada beats USA for the first time since 1985.

The Canadian team has really grown some depth in the last few years. The front two of David and Davies seems quite lethal, a midfield with young MA Kaye and some young hungry defenders have jumped in to push the veterans and the team forward. No thinking of the past just the now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Canada beats USA for the first time since 1985.
    Man, that was awful. The players seem lost and unsure of what to do. It was just a bunch of guys passing the ball around tonight. Berhalter should be fired tonight.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

So, I gotta ask. Is Emery washing out at Arsenal? He's had over a year, he has his players in now, it's just not gelling. Last two games have been poor against teams they should do well against and he's got Pepe, Laca, Abou and Ceballos all out there at once and they can't score.

I'm questioning the whole thing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    you should see the doc.
    It is not a fluff piece at all and speaks to a lot of what you are saying.
    Finally saw the documentary. Good show.

Maradona made his bed in a way by transferring to an obviously Mob tied team in Napoli. But it certainly was crazy the worshiping that he got there.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    So, I gotta ask. Is Emery washing out at Arsenal? I'm questioning the whole thing at this point.
    well, he's selected xhaka as captain so...

Anybody see Everton's Andre Gomes suffer that horrific lower leg injury today?
    His foot was pointing to 4 o'clock, his teammates quickly ran to him and held his head down so he could not see his own mangled leg.
    Many players were quite distort by the sight of his leg, including Son Heung-min who's foul instigated the awkward fall/foot plant that mangled Gomes' leg.
    Son's yellow card was upgraded by VAR to a red card based on the severity of the injury.
    Post match Seamus Coleman, the captain of Everton went to Tottenham's dressing room to console Sun.
    Not posting a replay, if want to see it you can google it yourself. Ouch.

- ugly injury, hope Gomes heals fast and completely.
    - Martin Atkinson is a hack
    - VAR is incompetently deployed
    - especially if it's going to be used to increase the penalty for a foul based on the injury the foul produced
    - I really hope Arsenal hires Mourinho

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I really hope Arsenal hires Mourinho
    agree with everything you stated but this. the game has passed mourinho by, he'd park a bus in front of the goal since its all he knows and it would be the end of any type of attacking, entertaining futbol which i get isn't very entertaining at the moment. his stint at united was telling but arsenal are indeed, a team without identity.

David Luis must be shaking in his boots after hearing the name mourinho. Maybe worse than Juan mata at ManU.

Mourinho at Ars is like putting a glove on a foot. Or cats and dogs living together.

Emery has time to save himself,
    Jose is heading to Bayern...

Manchester United are mid table mediocrity and it sucks
    Love the front 3 right now, we just need a real 10 to free them up and a real DM
    Healthy Pogba would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Emery has time to save himself,
    Jose is heading to Bayern...
    Yeah, but I don't think he does. He's not getting anything out of the attackers. Abou is hesitating signing his contract. I think he's gone. Just not sure if they lose him during the year or afterwards. Obviously if he finishes top 4 he stays, but I can't see that happening.

Ironic that they spent all that money to build a team around pogba and as soon as he got there he’s been agitating to leave again. If they didn’t slap a £180m transfer fee on him he’d be at RM already.

I don’t see Jose going to BM. His style doesn’t match well with management

oh I think Mou would be a mediocre at best coach in the short term who'd quickly implode and definitely do Arsenal no favors, but it'd be amusing spectacle watching his petulant pouting act on the big city press stage.

damn, this chelsea vs. ajax match is insane. chelsea tied 4-4 in the 74th as ajax had two CBs sent off in 71st. all after being down 4-1.

Mourinho would be crazy to go to Arsenal. They have repeatedly shown no desire to spend anywhere near what Mourinho requires in the transfer market.