Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    so funny. after all the amazing futbol he played, whenever zidane comes on the tv i only see the headbutt.

I pay ZERO attention to these preseason money-grab scrimmages.

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

These unis look too similar.
    (Watching Barca v. Real Mad.)

...while browsing the Title Nine catalog.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah I'm not sure why Madrid isn't wearing their whites. Pretty mediocre game so far too.

Hah. Super Classico with the drama.

Barcelona don't seem to have anything but the diving anymore. Seriously without the regalos from refs they'd have lost so many games in recent years.

Ronaldo with the brilliance followed by bonehead move getting the yellow card for taking the shirt off which gave the ref a chance to fuck up and give another yellow for a dive (after those multiple Suarez dives w no card?) AND then Ronaldo pushes the ref!! = suspension coming

Spirited match to say the least. I don't buy the dive. SO many more weak calls made day in and day out in soccer. I felt it was legit. He had space, was about to come in on a break and there was lots of grabbing / contact in the box.

I will say there is a lot of hands on / in the face of soccer refs in general. A few in the EPL games this weekend too. Seems like soccer refs are becoming WWE "refs"to some degree. Not tons of respect at this point. Hands on them need to be automatic 2-4 game suspensions with out pay. They need to claw some respect back. It's getting a bit out of control IMO. Not saying you can't talk to or plead a case, but it seems like half the team comes over and ambushes them on suspect calls these days. Lots of "in your face" posturing and often hands on contact. Refs must be nervous at times.

I also thought the Ronaldo card was weird. I might not have given a penalty, but it didn't really come off as a dive. Particularly, as you mention, compared to some of the earlier ones including the penalty.

We'll see if Madrid can survive the opening stretch of the season without Ronaldo. Neither Benzema or Bale has really looked good at all in the preseason.

Ronaldo gets 5 game suspension. Well deserved.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?cau...tml#pt0-195746

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Ronaldo gets 5 game suspension. Well deserved.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?cau...tml#pt0-195746
    Yep, can't really argue with that. Though I bet he ends up with a 4 game suspension after the second yellow gets rescinded. I believe it's one game for the red, four for the shove.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I also thought the Ronaldo card was weird. I might not have given a penalty, but it didn't really come off as a dive. Particularly, as you mention, compared to some of the earlier ones including the penalty.

We'll see if Madrid can survive the opening stretch of the season without Ronaldo. Neither Benzema or Bale has really looked good at all in the preseason.
    I agree with your assessment. The Ronaldo "dive" really wasn't one...but it wasn't a PK either.

Man, I used to get so hot and bothered when I played - it's an emotional game where you leave your heart on the field. When the flow is stopped for shit reason, it could get bad. Also, the refs in the US suck SO BAD that their bad calls could cost you a game that you deserved to win (happened many times in reality to me AND my sons).

I agree though, that the refs need to be protected and touching them is out of bounds. The suspension for Ronaldo is warranted.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Lots of World Cup qualifiers going on. US vs Costa Rica tonight. Do our boys get it done? I think so.

CR is going to be tough. Wth? Wondolowski and Beasley made at least the provisional roster?

In other new Wayne Rooney got a DWI last night.

......... "grumpy curmudgeon grumbles unintelligibly under his breath knowing he was wrong before" ...........
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Howard needs to make that save. Tico's up 1-0.

2-0 Tico's. US needs another blizzard to beat CR.

Dempsey is such a baby. That hissy fit that earned him a yellow card in the 91st was embarrassing.

That game was a bad on so many levels.

Big game for the US tonight.

Pulisic in the 8th. 1-0

Pulisic to Altidore. 2-0. A beautiful play there by Pulisic.

That kid Pulisic is pretty amazing, but damn he has a target on his back. Good call pulling him.

Sweet shot for gonzalez...

This game on TV at all? How do I watch it? Not seeing it anywhere.

On beIN here. Ch 596 on your fios dial

Embarassing game for the US. They really look like they've never played together sometimes.