Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2407
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Any bets on Arsenal's skipper being lured away next season?
    0% chance.

The relegation battle royale in the EPL is something. 4 points separating the bottom 9 teams, and an 11 point gap to everyone else in the league

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The relegation battle royale in the EPL is something. 4 points separating the bottom 9 teams, and an 11 point gap to everyone else in the league
    Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed how that was shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    0% chance.
    Exactly
    Why would he leave?!?
    Decent run club, big as most that would chase him & supported him 100% in style and transfers

Since that Liverpool game:

United - have reached a European quarter final, and an FA Cup semi final. 3 wins, 1 draw.

Liverpool - have been kicked out of Europe and haven’t scored a goal since. 2 losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Since that Liverpool game:

United - have reached a European quarter final, and an FA Cup semi final. 3 wins, 1 draw.

Liverpool - have been kicked out of Europe and haven’t scored a goal since. 2 losses.
    Hasn't gotten the total skit kicked out of them by their biggest rival either. We're good for now bro..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

2011/12 Season Chelsea finished 6th in the Premier League, not qualifying for Europe...... Then a week later beat Bayern for the Champions League Final, giving them a European birth the following year.
    2014/15 Season Chelsea finished 1st in the Premier League
    2015/16 Season Chelsea finished 10th in the Premier League
    2016/17 Season Chelsea fished 1st in the Premier League.

This is my way of saying I'm okay with them in 10th place, comfortably away from the bottom relegation battle, still a glimmer of hope for a Champions League trophy, and a bounce to the top in 2023/24 Premier League.....
    Just saying.

What happens when there are several teams tied for the relegation spot? Is there a playoff/mini tournament to settle it?

What happens when there are several teams tied for the relegation spot? Is there a playoff/mini tournament to settle it?
    Premier League tiebreakers:
    • Overall goal difference;
    • Overall goals scored;
    • Total points in head-to-head matches during the Premier League season;
    • Away goals scored in head-to-head matches during the Premier League season;
    • One-game playoff at a neutral ground as determined by the Premier League.

Pardon my interruption of the EPL discussion, but I just have to share this goal from Atlanta United's Thiago Almada (who has had 2 other rips like this so far this year), just incredible and the place went nuts.

Fun fact, Almada is the only active MLS player to win a World Cup (Argentina 22)
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Pardon my interruption of the EPL discussion, but I just have to share this goal from Atlanta United's Thiago Almada (who has had 2 other rips like this so far this year), just incredible and the place went nuts.

Fun fact, Almada is the only active MLS player to win a World Cup (Argentina 22)
    MLS is like a 172cm foam core ski with a demo binding.
    I really hope you're paying $20/month for MLS on AppleTV?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    MLS is like a 172cm foam core ski with a demo binding.
    I really hope you're paying $20/month for MLS on AppleTV?
    I enjoy it and we've got a hell of a team and stadium here in town so hey. 70,000 people crowds are not uncommon which is awesome.

No Apple+ package, we're part of a season ticket group so we get the package for free but I was at that game above. I'd consider paying for it though if I had to, just to watch the hometown team. People are showing up at MLS games and the money is there so it's only a matter of time before they start making inroads on the global stage.

In fairness though, that was a banger.

Thats a great team and stadium, they have the highest attended average in the MLS with an average of 47,116 for the 2022 season.

How often do they open the whole stadium for Soccer? The stadium was originally designed to seat 71,000 for NFL and configured for 42,500 for MLS.

I see the 2023 home opener had 67,500, and then the other 3 matches this season were 42,500, 37,000, and 42,500.
    In the 2022 season the only 3 times they had over 42,500 fans were the home opener (67,500) and then twice mid season against Austin (67,500) and Seattle (68,500).

They open the 3rd level several times a season for big games. The roof open and that 3rd tier filled is a pretty awesome sight. I've got a picture somewhere with the "ring" jumbotron under the camera lens roof from one of those games showing the attendance at 71k.

The supporters section is pretty wild too. They all gather in their respective tailgate areas and parade in together and don't stop chanting and singing all game long.

Good shot. Beyond horrible goal keeping, especially from that far out. And I’m a Timbers fan. MLS is better than most people give it credit for. With the EPL filling their stadiums with tourists for outrageous prices, instead of season ticket holding supporters. The atmosphere at many MLS stadiums is probably better than some big name EPL clubs.

They open the 3rd level several times a season for big games. The roof open and that 3rd tier filled is a pretty awesome sight. I've got a picture somewhere with the "ring" jumbotron under the camera lens roof from one of those games showing the attendance at 71k.

The supporters section is pretty wild too. They all gather in their respective tailgate areas and parade in together and don't stop chanting and singing all game long.
    A full full Soccer stadium is crazy. I was one of the 109,318 spectator for Real Madrid vs ManU match at Michigan Stadium in 2014, and again with 105,826 in attendance for the Real Madrid vs Chelsea Friendly in 2016.

Premier League tiebreakers:
    • Overall goal difference;
    • Overall goals scored;
    • Total points in head-to-head matches during the Premier League season;
    • Away goals scored in head-to-head matches during the Premier League season;
    • One-game playoff at a neutral ground as determined by the Premier League.
    Thanks, Until I saw all that I was imagining the possibility of 3+ teams tied in total points for last..

Can we talk about Champions League for a minute.
    How fawking upside down was that draw?
    The whole top half is stacked and the bottom half have all the drags. The betting odds sure tell the story.

Name:  unnamed 2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  24.2 KB

Odds to win the whole thing are:
    Man City +250 (Top)
    Napoli +325
    Bayern +350 (Top)
    Real +600 (Top)
    Chelsea +1300 (Top)
    Inter Milan +1300
    Benfica +1300
    AC Milan +2200

The top half of the bracket is so strong and the bottom half is so weak.
    Odds just to reach the finals are:
    Napoli -110
    Man City +140 (Top)
    Bayern +200 (Top)
    Real +325 (Top)
    Inter +350
    Benfica +350
    AC milan +600
    Chelsea +700

Can we talk about Champions League for a minute.
    How fawking upside down was that draw?
    The whole top half is stacked and the bottom half have all the drags. The betting odds sure tell the story.

Name:  unnamed 2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  24.2 KB

Odds to win the whole thing are:
    Man City +250 (Top)
    Napoli +325
    Bayern +350 (Top)
    Real +600 (Top)
    Chelsea +1300 (Top)
    Inter Milan +1300
    Benfica +1300
    AC Milan +2200

The top half of the bracket is so strong and the bottom half is so weak.
    Odds just to reach the finals are:
    Napoli -110
    Man City +140 (Top)
    Bayern +200 (Top)
    Real +325 (Top)
    Inter +350
    Benfica +350
    AC milan +600
    Chelsea +700
    City's the most stacked team there IMHO... However, it's rarely the most stacked talent team who wins. Do theas not give their full 100% commitment to this for fear of harming their league play potential? I have no idea but why is it rare for the CL Champ to also win their league the same year? Often it's someone who wasn't even top 3 of their own league.

Yikes! What a beatdown we just took. Gotta respect City.. Arguably the best PL team of this century.

Since my team sucks how about another stupid discussion.. I first started following and playing back around 77 when the NASL took off here. Also watched Soccer made in Germany back then. So, how far have the American programs progressed in the past 50 years?

If the US MSL champions were to play the worst PL team, just above relegation in a best of 3 game series, who would win? Both playing their top roster, not the traveling friendly game squads.

My son’s view today at the Arsenal match

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	768BE5C9-6DAF-4551-92B8-10F3F063F1CE.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	453990

Really sucks having to stay home to pay the bills.

Yikes! What a beatdown we just took. Gotta respect City.. Arguably the best PL team of this century.
    This century?
    United have won as many as city since winning the treble in 99

Aside from Chelsea in 17 and Liverpool in the pandemic, Mahrez has won every title since 14.
    It's all him

Sweet seats

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    This century?
    United have won as many as city since winning the treble in 99

Aside from Chelsea in 17 and Liverpool in the pandemic, Mahrez has won every title since 14.
    It's all him

Sweet seats
    99<> "this century"

So MU ain't done shit since 13, or roughly ten years. got it.

If the US MSL champions were to play the worst PL team, just above relegation in a best of 3 game series, who would win? Both playing their top roster, not the traveling friendly game squads.
    The standard in MLS is MUCH better than it was when it first began, and in a few years, they might be able to compete, but I still think the worst team in the EPL would comfortably roll the best in MLS. Middle of the road Euro players like Giovinco come to the MLS and are superstars.

Eg: Southampton are currently bottom. West Ham and Leicester are nearly bottom, but players like Ward Prowse, Declan Rice, or Maddison would be monsters in the MLS.