Check Out Our Shop
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2532
  1. #2326
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    35,833
    What a flat performance by the US women this WC.

    The rest of the world has caught up and passed us.
    I still call it The Jake.

  2. #2327
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    5,850
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What a flat performance by the US women this WC.

    The rest of the world has caught up and passed us.
    Heh. I could have posted the same about Germany.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  3. #2328
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    11,351
    What a choke job

  4. #2329
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    14,003
    Live by the post,(Portugal) die by the post today.

    Excellent effort, ran in to a hot keeper. Rapinoe's touches didn't have the pop they used to. She's definitely done.

    The ladies left it all on the field today. Poor group platy is what cost us

    Would have been on the edge of my seat more watching this had my 20 year old not sent me a spoiler text. He's trebling so I had to look at it to be sure it wasn't an emergency.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  5. #2330
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    8,582
    The matches are on auto dvr and of course I didn't dvr whatever the post show was supposed to be. Relegated to watch the end via highlight reel. They played decent compared to the last game...on the bright side of things
    Sweden's goalie was solid.

  6. #2331
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,284
    Rough day as a Madrid fan. Saturday is the first match of the year. Today Courtois tears his ACL and is out for the season. Then it was announced that Arda Guler (a young Turkish signing that means there would finally be a natural right sided attacking player) also has to get knee surgery, though I think it's a more minor meniscus surgery. With Mbappe seemingly wanting to see out his contract at PSG and pick up his bonuses, it looks like they're going to go into the season with only Joselu - loaned to Madrid from Espanyol after they were relegated - at center forward.

    Could be a rough year, but the midfield will be fun and Vini is still there, even if Ancellotti had him come more centrally in pre-season where he didn't look nearly as comfortable.

  7. #2332
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Ugh, with RM limping & Barca still a mess, PSG bleeding stars, unless an Italian team hits a stride City is going to tiki taka their way to another CL trophy without much effort.

  8. #2333
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    11,351
    Game one aaannnnd Haaland scores two.

  9. #2334
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    14,003
    Bwahahahaha! Nuking Newkie with only 10 men.

    Name:  indl-eyewash-shower-and-first-aid-signs-y4399365-40067-l11272-lg.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  37.0 KB
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 08-27-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #2335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    11,351

    Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

    Amazing win by Liverpool. Down 1 goal early to Newcastle, lost Virgil to a red card and Nunez led the 10 man comeback and scored two for them.

  11. #2336
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,806
    Arsenal give up a goal while up a man. Solid work right there to give up the win. Bummer.

    Also, Pulisic seems to like Milan.

  12. #2337
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ugh, with RM limping & Barca still a mess, PSG bleeding stars, unless an Italian team hits a stride City is going to tiki taka their way to another CL trophy without much effort.
    Newcastle got hosed, City has yet another reason they are going to when the CL in 2nd gear.


    Champions League draw in full
    Group A – Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray

    Group B – Sevilla, Arsenal, PSV Eindhoven, Lens

    Group C – Napoli, Real Madrid, Braga, Union Berlin

    Group D – Benfica, Inter Milan, RB Salzburg, Real Sociedad

    Group E – Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid, Lazio, Celtic

    Group F – Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Newcastle

    Group G – Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Crvena zvezda (Red Star), Young Boys

    Group H – Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Royal Antwerp

    And yes CP10 in Milan has been awesome, the Giroud connection is fab to watch

  13. #2338
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    11,351
    Son with a hat trick.
    Ferguson with a hat trick.
    And of course….Haaland with a hat trick.

  14. #2339
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    14,003
    Starting off strong! What a blast from top of the box..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  15. #2340
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    234
    This is a bit random but has anyone bought EPL tickets recently?

    I'll be in London for work later this month and would like to see Arsenal play at Bournemouth. Tickets are unavailable from either team but there are some for sale on 3rd party sites. I'm not too excited to find out at the gate that my ticket is bogus so has anyone had any luck with purchasing from any reputable sites?
    God created skis and surfboards to keep the truly gifted from ruling the world.

  16. #2341
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Sorry, all my Old Traffford tickets have always been through friends, friend of a friend, etc

    Not that I see me going anytime soon to watch the garbage fire that is United ATM.

    Once the Glazers sell I am sure I will take my boy.

  17. #2342
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    11,351
    Brighton playing some great ball.

  18. #2343
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,284
    Watched a good bit of football as my 7 year old had to take it easy on Saturday and I used it as an excuse.

    Valencia looked really good in drubbing Atletico Madrid. Finances forced them to sell odd some of their players this off season, but for the first time in a while they look to be building toward something. I tend to root against them, but I hope they recover as La Liga can use more consistently good teams. Also, they have an awesome logo.

    Inter looked GREAT in hammering Milan. Overall it was a well played game and fun to watch, but Inter always seemed a level up. Still, it was closer than 5-1 would make it out for a lot of the game. Also, unpopular opinion, but I really like watching Olivier Giroud play. I enjoy old school, hold up play from a CF and he's good at it.

    If anyone is about to subscribe to Paramount+ for the start of the UCL, you can watch Serie A too. I've been watching more this year (and the end of last after I realized it) and it's often really fun to watch.

    Madrid vs Real Sociedad was great in the first half, good end to end stuff. Madrid seems to have just embraced its comeback rep and decided to let all opponents score in the opening minutes.

  19. #2344
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,806
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Watched a good bit of football as my 7 year old had to take it easy on Saturday and I used it as an excuse.

    Valencia looked really good in drubbing Atletico Madrid. Finances forced them to sell odd some of their players this off season, but for the first time in a while they look to be building toward something. I tend to root against them, but I hope they recover as La Liga can use more consistently good teams. Also, they have an awesome logo.

    Inter looked GREAT in hammering Milan. Overall it was a well played game and fun to watch, but Inter always seemed a level up. Still, it was closer than 5-1 would make it out for a lot of the game. Also, unpopular opinion, but I really like watching Olivier Giroud play. I enjoy old school, hold up play from a CF and he's good at it.

    If anyone is about to subscribe to Paramount+ for the start of the UCL, you can watch Serie A too. I've been watching more this year (and the end of last after I realized it) and it's often really fun to watch.

    Madrid vs Real Sociedad was great in the first half, good end to end stuff. Madrid seems to have just embraced its comeback rep and decided to let all opponents score in the opening minutes.
    Didn't know you could watch Series A on Paramount. Cool. Though rumor is Pulisic is about to be dropped from the starting 11...

  20. #2345
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,284
    (Continuing previous post so it doesn't delete when I hit edit like it always does on mobile)

    Take Kubo, the ex-Barca and Madrid youth team player (and Japanese international) looked electric in the first half and was giving Fran Garcia a torrid time. Madrid scored super early in the second half with a Fede Valverde banger (smashing a side footed shot from outside the box basically the only place it could possibly get to goal past all the defenders, which was off the inside of the post and in). Valverde was really good all game and Dani Carvajal looks rejuvenated. They could really use Vinicius back from injury through, as the fullback were the only ones providing any width.

  21. #2346
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,284
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Didn't know you could watch Series A on Paramount. Cool. Though rumor is Pulisic is about to be dropped from the starting 11...
    Interesting. He was fairly anonymous against Inter, but no one from Milan really came out covered in glory so I would be somewhat surprised if they switched too much up after having won four games to open the season previously.

  22. #2347
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    35,833
    Felt bad for some of my son's teammates who missed our game this Saturday to head down to Mercedes-Benz Stadium to see the Messi-rejuvenated Inter Miami face ATL UTD only to find out prior to the game that Messi didn't make the trip. Tickets that were selling (and bought) for $1,000s of dollars a week ago were suddenly flooding the reseller websites at bargain basement prices. At least UTD got the 5-2 W.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #2348
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,835
    I am all in on Brighton and Hove Albion this year. Their style of play and flow is just what I like to watch. We'll see how it translates.
    Big fan of Son and Tottenham as well, but the BHE slight underdog story has me sold.

  24. #2349
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    no one from Milan really came out covered in glory .
    Ultras already stabbing Geordies in Milan before the CL match

  25. #2350
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    13,597
    I've waited years to have CL football again.

    Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the pub are the best ⚽️ fans and I have met many good supporters of all sides over the years at pubs in NY. & Stamford.

    Now United are such a dumpster fire I am not even interested in going

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •