Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2396
    I wonder if this helps Pulisic.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I wonder if this helps Pulisic.
    Cant hurt.
    Had a Chealsea fan tell me that the American Owners sacked him just to get CP10 more time in a world cup year.

seems unlikely, but so does sacking a Champions League wining coach who finished 3rd in the league last year after a short if shakey start when you just broke the summer transfer record spending $320mil

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Cant hurt.
    Had a Chealsea fan tell me that the American Owners sacked him just to get CP10 more time in a world cup year.

seems unlikely, but so does sacking a Champions League wining coach who finished 3rd in the league last year after a short if shakey start when you just broke the summer transfer record spending $320mil
    Wasn't even that shaky a start. 5 points back of top of table after 6 games. I mean, it wasn't great, but maybe the first leg champions league loss was panic time if they were already feeling he wasn't their guy?

A 1-0 away loss doesn’t seem much of an excuse.

can’t believe Brendan Rodgers hasn’t been fired yet. That starts not shaky it’s pure shit.

Fucking Haaland is ridiculous.

Another terrible game by Liverpool. 4-1 loss to Napoli. I’m telling you all, they miss Mane.

Wrexham with their 4th win in a row today. In second in a pack of 5 teams separated by 3 points. All 5 won.

Wrexham has my interest.

Son with a hat trick! He can bend it like the best of them.

Big win by Arsenal over Tottenham.

Arsenal win, convincingly.

Wrexham get a PK in the 95th minute to win by one and go top of table.

My cousin is the head coach of a DIII college team. They lost, and their season is not going well. So not everything was roses and rainbows. That part sucks.

Manchester City are really good at football

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Manchester City are really good at football
    There is something we agree on. Solid program the past several years. "Dynasty" IMHO.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Haaland with 14 goals so far! (17 teams in the league have not scored more than 14 goals yet )
    A hat trick in the past 3 games! (only 4 players have scored a hat trick this season, he has 3!)
    He's on par for 66 goals! Mo Salah hold the record with 32 goals (for a 38 game season).

Hold on bub
    Hate the player and the team but Shearer scored more.
    5 time title winner Cole also scored more.
    It does appear Haaland will shatter both records

Yeah Harland is a force of nature in the perfect environment so far. It’s fascinating.

Both Shearer and Cole were 34 goals during a 42 game season. (1993/94 and 1994/95)
    The Premier league had 22 teams for the inital 3 years, 92/93, 93/94, and 94/95. It then moved to a 20 team format in 95/96.
    In the modern 20 team league 38 game season the record is with Mo Salah. 32 in 38 games, or 0.84 per game.
    Shearer and Cole's average were below that at 0.80.
    Mo's goal per ha=game average would have scored 35.37 goals with the old 42 game season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Haaland with 14 goals so far! (17 teams in the league have not scored more than 14 goals yet )
    A hat trick in the past 3 games! (only 4 players have scored a hat trick this season, he has 3!)
    He's on par for 66 goals! Mo Salah hold the record with 32 goals (for a 38 game season).
    Haaland is unbelievable. How many fucking hat tricks is he going to get this season? 20?

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

following The Guardian’s text commentary - every time he scores they list it as Guess Who

edit: hooked at halftime with only 2 goals - a flash in the pan
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 10-05-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

What's interesting is that there was some question about how Haaland and Man City would adapt to each other.

Haaland is incredibly fast in the open field, when the ball is played into space and he can run onto it. His ability to run onto balls and finish in those situations is probably the best in the world at the moment. Man City has always been a bit more possession oriented. I did hear some pundits wonder whether that might stifle Haaland a bit. Obviously he would get great service in the box, and finish in those situations, but the galloping runs where he is so lethal might not be as frequent. That is what a couple of the articles I read thought anyway. They thought it would be a bit of a transition. I might be screwing up what I read, I'm obviously far from an expert, but that seemed to be the opinion, that an adjustment might be in order.

The adaptation has gone pretty well I would say. Man City has so many guys who can play balls into space that Haaland has gone nuts. And when he is in the box he is getting incredible service, where his lethal finishing can work.

What I have been interested to see is his passing, working with the Man City teammates. The goal he set up for Foden was awesome: He runs onto a ball played into space in a counter attack, but instead of trying to score he plays an absolutely perfect pass to Foden who finishes with a rocket. It's not just his speed, size and the raw power of his finishes, his first touch and passing are just insane.

I do hope he stays healthy, so we can see what he can do with this kind of service. And it is a real shame that he won't be in the World Cup.

If he and Mbappe stay healthy over the next few years it will be really fun to watch.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

15 goals in 9 league matches for Haaland and hes scored in 8 of them. Will he be the First player to score against every PL team in a season?

Might as well start a general Footy/Soccer thread

Wild, fun game for Arsenal/Liverpool. Arsenal flexing their strength while Liverpool just doesn’t have last season’s magic.

I’m terrified to say anything about Arsenal’s start.

I just said something.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I’m terrified to say anything about Arsenal’s start.

I just said something.

Oh, and Haaland scored again.

Haha, all my current home and forever "football" teams, college, NFL, and of course EPL are totally stinking up the joint this season. Guess I'll still get excited over the World Cup though.. and maybe after the break the momentum changes and table gets shuffled..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Haaland's first goal today was classic Haaland:

Nice ball played over the top. Sprints past the first defender, timing the run perfectly. Gets a good first touch in the perfect direction to take the ball out of the path of the keeper coming out. Flattens the other defender coming in trying to body check him off the ball. Finishes coolly. At times he seems so much faster, stronger, bigger and more skilled than the defenders he is playing against that it's just insane.

I believe he now has 17 goals in 11 premier league starts. He is half way to the record for goals in a PL season.
    Last edited by Long duc dong; 10-22-2022 at 01:42 PM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."