Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2401
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    Arsenal: so am i and its a disaster. remember when we used to be all pissed when they were content with finishing 4th? well, we'd welcome the return of those days because now, they're just another mid-table team.
    Fighting for 9th, 10th or even 11th place with the likes of Sheffield, Crystal Palace, Burley, Everton and even South Hampton.
    Arsenal don't have an easy run to the finish line. With 7 games remaining they still have to play: Norwich (H), Wolves, Leicester (H), Spurs, Liverpool (H), Aston Villa, Watford. How many points do you see out of that run?
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 06-26-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    How many points do you see out of that run?
    shit dee, 10 pts max? that's a pretty tough schedule

shit dee, 10 pts max? that's a pretty tough schedule
    I’m counting it more in beers drowning sorrows than points gained.

Many beers.

pulisic 50 yard breakaway 1-0 chelsea
    Great goal. All caused by him pressuring a couple of lazy defenders.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Madrid just clinched La Liga with a dual win/Barca loss. That ends a two year reign by Barca and you'd have to consider Madrid favorites for next year given the relative positions of the clubs right now, particularly if they can find a true striker that works in the rotation (might be Jovic, we'll see).

Jesus Christ, Barca has been horrendous this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champions League, anyone?

As a Chelsea fan, that whole round was painful to watch. I feel like we’re the Arsenal of the PL in the CL. We make it but don’t really get anywhere.

Gotta like Man City to win at this point. I don’t like saying that but unless BM or Barca find their form city look pretty intense.

I don’t see Barca finding form - haven’t had it all year, really. Total toss up with the one match format, but Bayern seem like favorites to me.

How about Varane yesterday? Holy shit. City’s man of the match

Varane - woah! Jesus ate him alive!

Poor Atalanta - they were so so close yesterday. Great article on the team from Tuesday’s NYT https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...eague.amp.html

Rooting hard for Leipzig in today’s match. Looking dangerous thus far.

Leipzig won. Nice.
    And barca was annihilated by bayern.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Ouch. Not unexpected, but goddamn that hurt.

PSG/Bayern final with Bayern to win? Bayern were pressing and hungry today.

That cross by Messi in the 10th minute sums up what Messi is surrounded by now, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Needless to say, BM look pretty fierce on offense. BM vs. PSG would be like an all star NBA game - all O no D. But it sure would be exciting.

I still think Man City vs. BM with city winning since pep knows BM so well.

City vs. PSG final, City to win.

Alphonso Davies Schools Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    That cross by Messi in the 10th minute sums up what Messi is surrounded by now, unfortunately.

100%.

And Setien not starting Fati and Puig was horrendous. No balls. Deserved to get ripped to shreds with that lineup.

Will Pep be the best coach to never win the champions league? Not a city fan but Gotta feel bad for him - he’s obviously one of the best ever but can’t get his team up to the level required to win the trophy. though I thought the 2nd Lyon goal could have been called back either for offside (I felt the striker interfered in the play) or for a foul on the trip, inadvertent as it may have been he tripped him and that’s what sprung him loose. Gotta BW good to be lucky and lucky to be good, as the saying goes. Does that make him not one of the best ever?

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Pep won the Champions League once as a player and twice as manager with Barcelona.

Solid game today, will be interesting to see the semis.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Pep won the Champions League once as a player and twice as manager with Barcelona.

Solid game today, will be interesting to see the semis.
    I’m an idiot. :facepalm:

Sterling with the miss of the year. Yikes.

And that second goal should’ve been offsides, IMO. Even though he didn’t touch it, the dude who dummied the ball interfered with the play. What is the point of VAR if it’s consistently wrong?

Great game from Lyon though.

Red bull lost against quatar. Well I'm not much of a Bayern fan, but I sure hope they win against the billionaire toy troupe. (assuming they beat Lyon, which I deem possible).
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Bayern really beat Barca like a drum. It will take a miracle for Lyon to move forward. Still, they did beat Mancity, so you never know. If this was a standard two leg tie I would give them less of a shot. But Bayern look like they really want this. They are in form at just the right time.

I do feel for RB Leipzig. I love watching Werner play, to get to the semis without your talisman is just cruel. I don't think they would have beaten PSG, but without Werner it was going to take a miracle. I'm looking forward to seeing Werner and Pulisic running at defenses next year. That should be exciting to watch.

It really sucks for city. Ironically I remember thinking last year that lots of Liverpool and city fans would have been happy to trade trophies. They had a clear path to at least the semifinal and they blew it.

I think the four best teams in the world this year have been Liverpool, City, Bayern and PSG, not necessarily in that order. If Bayern can do what they should against Lyon it will be an exciting final.

If Bayern wins the CL how shafted is Lewandowski getting with no Ballon d'or this year? If Bayern win I don't see how it could go to anyone else.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."