Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Groups B,D and G look like the toughest. In my non-expert opinion.

Portugal has not played extremely well in qualifying, but they have CR7 who is capable of really taking things over.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Group G has 4 teams that would all have legitimate shots at moving on if they were in other groups.
    holy fucking shitballs

Hugh Conway Guest
    Argentina looks to have the "easiest" route to the Semis. Bracket listing because it's a PITA to find on FIFA:
    http://www.printyourbrackets.com/wor...t-bracket.html

Holy group of death. US will be lucky to get a point.

Group B looks like the true group of death to me; Holland, Spain and Chile? I wouldn't be shocked to see any of them go through, though you have to consider Spain and the Netherlands the favorites in the group, and top seed is DEFINITELY up for grabs.

That being said, I was definitely hoping for an easier group for Germany; they should be able to win the group but there will be no easy matches. Unfortunately, for our neighbors to the south, I see America as the weakest team in the group but see second position being an absolute dog fight. I was at the last world cup, and will be there again, and Portugal was not a strong team, but CR7 is able to make magic happen in a flash. Even Germany had moments of absolute stagnation and could drop points. Definitely a tough group, but I still see B as being even tougher.

Anyone else heading down for the tournament?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Anyone else heading down for the tournament?
    Yep, June 23 through the Final. So stoked. Rio-Salvador-Rio all booked and ready to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ate'em View Post
    Yep, June 23 through the Final. So stoked. Rio-Salvador-Rio all booked and ready to rock.
    Nice. Who you flying down with and where are you staying in Rio? We have tickets and put a deposit down for some beds at a hotel, but looking for better accommodation and cheaper, if possible ($1250 for a bed for 2 weeks?) and hopefully a flight for less than $1500-1700. I'll be there from opening to the round of 16 game in Rio.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

ok, so..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionel-Messi-and-wife-008.jpg 
Views:	2415 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	148488

Leo looks like one of those teenage kids who asks a supermodel to the prom and she goes

he's baaaaack

yeah that was sick

glad I watched that game

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    ok, so..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionel-Messi-and-wife-008.jpg 
Views:	2415 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	148488

Leo looks like one of those teenage kids who asks a supermodel to the prom and she goes
    He's fucking Messi - not only did she "go" she tossed his salad in the limo. Rag on the guy all you want, but he's one of the best of all time IMHO, and certainly the best from Argentina. Fuck Maradonna and his hand of "God."

The Swansea City fans have a great song "Hymns and Arias."

Barca's 4th goal today was an amazing team goal. Nasty.

Messi ends up tied with Raul for the most goals in la liga match play in history, 228 goals in 263 la liga matches (it took Raul 550 games), and also breaks the record of most goals in all competitions by a la liga player with 337 in 448 matches. That's just a ridiculous rate of scoring.

Whoa, and a wonder goal from Neymar as I was typing.

Bring on City on Tuesday. Visca Barca

La Liga has been fun to watch this season. Atletico has shaken things up. BarcelonaRealMadrid will probably end up winning the title again, but at least it been interesting.

Dog takes a shit on the field during central/river plate match.

^^^ nice. Seems they can't keep dogs off the pitch in SA, that's about the 5th vid like that I've seen.

And yes, athleti has been a welcome addition to the la liga fray this year. Simeone is a boss.

There's nothing like Champions league football in stunning standard definition. Thank you fox and verizon.

At least you have it at all.

Today's games are not on comcast at all.

But at least Fox Sports is showing 'camping world truck series PRACTICE'. WTF

Hugh Conway Guest
    Arsenal v Bayern is on Comcast - Fox Deportes. Fucking retarded you have to get the Spanish Language package to get better coverage.

retarded that you can't just find good English coverage on the web without having to pay for cable

Man U/Olympiacos level on agg with 45min to play...