Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2401
    Arsenal have made some good signings. Pepe with PEA and lacazette is a pretty slick front line. If they sign SS bob they’ll get even more goals. Can you imagine his thru balls with PEA’s speed and runs?

Buuuuutttt, as a Chelsea fan I’ve seen only countless times how he switches off on d. I’d love to sell him to arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Arsenal have made some good signings. Pepe with PEA and lacazette is a pretty slick front line. If they sign SS bob they’ll get even more goals. Can you imagine his thru balls with PEA’s speed and runs?

Buuuuutttt, as a Chelsea fan I’ve seen only countless times how he switches off on d. I’d love to sell him to arsenal.

I am not a Luiz fan. As an Arsenal guy, I am not looking forward to the Sideshow Bob era.

futbol 101. can't win if you can't stop goals.

they spent the most they ever have for a player in a position that auba plays so how much sense does that make for a team that leaks goals? the only defender they signed was immediately loaned out? no thanks on luiz, don't need another reckless CB running around, giving away fouls, free kicks, getting cards ... remember, we have the calamitous mustafi

as much as i despise united, they are at least addressing clear holes in the side with the wan-bissaka and maguire additions.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    futbol 101. can't win if you can't stop goals.

they spent the most they ever have for a player in a position that auba plays so how much sense does that make for a team that leaks goals? the only defender they signed was immediately loaned out? no thanks on luiz, don't need another reckless CB running around, giving away fouls, free kicks, getting cards ... remember, we have the calamitous mustafi

as much as i despise united, they are at least addressing clear holes in the side with the wan-bissaka and maguire additions.
    They are saying Tierney is signed. I'm happy with that.

ManU is making some solid defensive signings. Maguire is just like every other highly sought after English defender - overpriced.

It’s ironic that mourinho was shouting about buying good defenders from the rafters and got fired for having a shitty defense (among other issues). Especially since they targeted the players he scouted.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    They are saying Tierney is signed. I'm happy with that.
    if that's true, would totally agree. its just hard watching a team take steps backward, year after year

Maguire is just like every other highly sought after English defender - overpriced. It’s ironic that mourinho was shouting about buying good defenders from the rafters and got fired for having a shitty defense (among other issues). Especially since they targeted the players he scouted.
    agree on maguire but that is the result of the epl being flushed with serious cash. united had to do something. can't put phil jones out there in a big spot. pretty sure van dijk would cost about $125M now. you're right about mourinho. despite his shitty attitude coming into the season, he was spot on about his defenders, no one listened and they were a complete mess... it was pretty fun to watch : )

Die Meister! Die Besten! Les grandes équipes! The chaaammmpppioooons!
    Champions League is back, bitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone see this magical touch by Paul Scholes in a recent charity game.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1171879940620455936
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Anyone see this magical touch by Paul Scholes in a recent charity game.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1171879940620455936
    so silky, best English midfielder ever. ask Zidane or Xavi, or Iniesta
    He ran to get sScholes shirt after the last Barxa United final. Got there before Xavi or MessiName:  scholes.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  7.8 KB

CL football is back, indeed
    Cool Ajax took out full page ads in a number of US papers today featuring pictures of Sergino Dest looking to get more US Supporters for the CL push

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    so silky, best English midfielder ever. ask Zidane or Xavi, or Iniesta
    He ran to get sScholes shirt after the last Barxa United final. Got there before Xavi or MessiName:  scholes.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  7.8 KB
    Difficult to argue with that.

A footballer's footballer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Jesse Marsch just became the first American coach to coach in the Champions league and the first to win a match ( handily I might add)

Jesse Marsch just became the first American coach to coach in the Champions league and the first to win a match ( handily I might add)
    That is very cool, especially with the damper on the Pulisic noise right now.

That is very cool, especially with the damper on the Pulisic noise right now.
    yeah proving again that best American Soccer player is like being the best skier from Tennessee

Even though it was disallowed by VAR that was an INCREDIBLE display of skill by Bale. He is still one of the best when he is on the field. How healthy he will be this year is anyone's guess, but he still play. It would probably make sense for Zidane to find a way to make things right.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

recent observations...

1. united vs arsenal match a shell of what it once was. united stink, downright dreadful woodsy but arsenal are complete shit. xhaka? captain?? > rather see ozil duck free kicks since he can accurately pass. said it in august, luiz is terrible, pepe is out of his element and the team still leak goals. just not good enough. united are so bad they were better under moyes. no plan, no ideas and neither team have a player that would break city or liverpool's starting 11.

2. like pulisic but didn't like the move. would have recommended a move to spain which is better suited for his game, skiilset and size. hudson-odi coming back from injury doesn't help his cause. needs to play his ass off in training but hey, tennessee has the smoky's! : )

3. champions league > tottenham vs bayern

4. scholes was legit, no doubt, but he was a butcher in the tackle. could never figure out the timing and should have probably had another dozen reds. like ramos level.

united were better under Moyes because they still had talent from a legacy combination of a great manager & talent recruitment/investment & a club that hadn't been milking the team dry.

united will be shit until management invests more resources in players instead of recruiting another marketing partner. Not much different from how long Liverpool spent in the comparative wilderness until the combination of a good manager (Klopp) and an owner willing to invest (FSG) and good talent spotters (club) reappeared and they won the Champions League.

Arsenal is a different team with Laca up front. Criminally underrated. The guy is the stitching that holds the front line together.

Pepe needs to settle down. He’s really pressing.

Arsenal’s midfield is shaky but they would be better with a better back line. That’s not far away with both starting wingbacks about to be back. It’ll be interesting to see this team with Laca, Bellerin and Tierney. I keep thinking they are about to make the leap forward and then the progress sort’ve stops.

They have the players to be top 4 when they are healthy. If they don’t get there, you have to look at Emery.

Arsenal is a different team with Laca up front. Criminally underrated. The guy is the stitching that holds the front line together.

Pepe needs to settle down. He’s really pressing.

Arsenal’s midfield is shaky but they would be better with a better back line. That’s not far away with both starting wingbacks about to be back. It’ll be interesting to see this team with Laca, Bellerin and Tierney. I keep thinking they are about to make the leap forward and then the progress sort’ve stops.

They have the players to be top 4 when they are healthy. If they don’t get there, you have to look at Emery.

This is pretty spot on.

IMO they are a couple players from being solidly 3rd best (I mean no one is getting close to Liverpool or City until Klopp or Guardiola move on). They need an elite center back and an elite defensive midfielder. They can't play their best top 3 because the midfield isn't strong enough. And David Luiz is solid in a back 3 (like at Chelsea under Conte), problem is 3 at the back doesn't lend itself to 3 that Arsenal have up front. And neither work with a so-so midfield.

Until Arsenal start addressing their defensive needs they'll be in this constant cycle of bringing in exciting attackers but shipping goals against mediocre opposition.

Walking alone at the top of the table with no losses or draws..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

United is bang average and will be until they get a proper Director of Football and buy and sell players with some type of strategy & understanding of what the fuck they are trying to do.

For the "biggest club in the world" not to have one fucking #9 to play in a match at any level of their system is a fucking disgrace.

Really wish Real wold of held on to that loss.

WTF happened to Spurs?

WTF happened to Spurs?
    I think they might've woken up.

The Maradonna doc on HBO is amazing, especially for those of us who grew up in the US in the 80s and werent aware of his impact aside from a few World Cup Highlights until he was a coked up has been.

To almost single handedly take a team to the top of Serie A when it was arguably the best league in the world and then take that team to Euro glory?
    Plus the 86 & 90 world cups

Dude was amazing on the pitch

The Maradonna doc on HBO is amazing, especially for those of us who grew up in the US in the 80s and werent aware of his impact aside from a few World Cup Highlights until he was a coked up has been.

To almost single handedly take a team to the top of Serie A when it was arguably the best league in the world and then take that team to Euro glory?
    Plus the 86 & 90 world cups

Dude was amazing on the pitch
    Well he was an egregious cheater, besides the known hand of Diego he was almost certainly coked up all the time before they were systematically drug testing but yeah if that’s what you consider amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Well he was an egregious cheater, besides the known hand of Diego he was almost certainly coked up all the time before they were systematically drug testing but yeah if that’s what you consider amazing.

Reminds me of the Oakland Raiders of the late 70s. Legendary! Party skills were a plus..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!