Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,192 of 1192
  1. #1176
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,840
    think the 3 week delay from the end of the season is part of why it was a snoozer. Spurs had plenty of chances after the early PK, didn't convert. besides if you have your arms out in the box, a ball hits it and it redirects the ball there's a much better than zero chance it'll be a penalty.

  2. #1177
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    17,698
    ecuador's u20 team plays for 3rd today in the u20 world cup. good showing.

  3. #1178
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    45
    Did anybody watch or care about the UEFA nations league (I did not)?

  4. #1179
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,922
    US getting the better of Mexico in the first half. Still 0-0, but were out chancing them.

    How about a USA sweep today.

  5. #1180
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,776
    Damn it Altidore! We missed a couple dead ringers and they missed one too..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  6. #1181
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    11,802
    That was a sweet touch for the MX goal

  7. #1182
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    3,776
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    That was a sweet touch for the MX goal
    Yes it was, perfect set up and finish. The better team won.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  8. #1183
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,021
    Any PL fans want in?

    I'm playing Fantasy Premier League in a league called Yankers. Why not join me?
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/create-join
    The code to join this league is: afgs57


    Enjoy the game!

  9. #1184
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    742
    Arsenal transfer window is a complete soap opera. Highly Entertaining. +1

  10. #1185
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    637
    desperately need a defender and sign pepe? > no more mustafi please

  11. #1186
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    desperately need a defender and sign pepe? > no more mustafi please
    And rumors now that they will get David Luiz - I mean, Sideshow Bob.

    Hilarious twitter comments based on comparing his hair to Guendouzi going on now.

    You have to admit Mustafi has a high entertainment factor...

  12. #1187
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,239
    Arsenal have made some good signings. Pepe with PEA and lacazette is a pretty slick front line. If they sign SS bob theyll get even more goals. Can you imagine his thru balls with PEAs speed and runs?

    Buuuuutttt, as a Chelsea fan Ive seen only countless times how he switches off on d. Id love to sell him to arsenal.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  13. #1188
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Arsenal have made some good signings. Pepe with PEA and lacazette is a pretty slick front line. If they sign SS bob theyll get even more goals. Can you imagine his thru balls with PEAs speed and runs?

    Buuuuutttt, as a Chelsea fan Ive seen only countless times how he switches off on d. Id love to sell him to arsenal.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I am not a Luiz fan. As an Arsenal guy, I am not looking forward to the Sideshow Bob era.

  14. #1189
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Arsenal have made some good signings. Pepe with PEA and lacazette is a pretty slick front line. If they sign SS bob theyll get even more goals. Can you imagine his thru balls with PEAs speed and runs?

    Buuuuutttt, as a Chelsea fan Ive seen only countless times how he switches off on d. Id love to sell him to arsenal.
    futbol 101. can't win if you can't stop goals.

    they spent the most they ever have for a player in a position that auba plays so how much sense does that make for a team that leaks goals? the only defender they signed was immediately loaned out? no thanks on luiz, don't need another reckless CB running around, giving away fouls, free kicks, getting cards ... remember, we have the calamitous mustafi

    as much as i despise united, they are at least addressing clear holes in the side with the wan-bissaka and maguire additions.

  15. #1190
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    futbol 101. can't win if you can't stop goals.

    they spent the most they ever have for a player in a position that auba plays so how much sense does that make for a team that leaks goals? the only defender they signed was immediately loaned out? no thanks on luiz, don't need another reckless CB running around, giving away fouls, free kicks, getting cards ... remember, we have the calamitous mustafi

    as much as i despise united, they are at least addressing clear holes in the side with the wan-bissaka and maguire additions.
    They are saying Tierney is signed. I'm happy with that.

  16. #1191
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,239
    ManU is making some solid defensive signings. Maguire is just like every other highly sought after English defender - overpriced.

    Its ironic that mourinho was shouting about buying good defenders from the rafters and got fired for having a shitty defense (among other issues). Especially since they targeted the players he scouted.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #1192
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    They are saying Tierney is signed. I'm happy with that.
    if that's true, would totally agree. its just hard watching a team take steps backward, year after year

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Maguire is just like every other highly sought after English defender - overpriced. Its ironic that mourinho was shouting about buying good defenders from the rafters and got fired for having a shitty defense (among other issues). Especially since they targeted the players he scouted.
    agree on maguire but that is the result of the epl being flushed with serious cash. united had to do something. can't put phil jones out there in a big spot. pretty sure van dijk would cost about $125M now. you're right about mourinho. despite his shitty attitude coming into the season, he was spot on about his defenders, no one listened and they were a complete mess... it was pretty fun to watch : )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •