Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    git them little boots?
    not yet. soon I'm guessing.

which team is Chelsea's biggest rival? Arsenal? Totttenham?

Have a boss leaving who is a big Chelsea supporter. We may need to redecorate his office before he leaves.

thanks

I'm pretty sure free flowing, sexy, attacking football is Chelski's biggest rival... Oh, and Arsenal.

anything red will do
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Swansea 3-0 over Valencia!? Holy shit. Just watched the highlights, their second goal was really well worked and the third was just a ridiculous free kick.

There was ass kicking handed out in Manchester today.

While MC looked good, mostly it looked to me like the MU midfield is a disaster. Ashley young and valencia are flashy on the wings but laggards on defense and lacking in a finishing product from the flash.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Horrible defense from manu evra etc couldn't be bothered

Swansea played like their last game wasn't Thursday and holy hell Michu has to be on the best ever bargain shortlisti

It's gotta be said- ManUre were shit.

Why Kagawa isnt in the picture is baffling. They have no midfield creativity, and he is out in the cold somewhere. Not that I particularly mind watching ManU wallow. The fucking NY Yankees of the Premeir League. Gotta say, I love to see them lose.

I think Man U have a collection of players who are mostly good to very good, and very few who are truly great. As much as i dislike SAF, i think he made them better than their sum.

I'd like to have Moyes do just well enough that they are inclined to stick with him and not force the board to go find a competent big club manager.
    In with the 9.

Hugh Conway Guest
    a big name manager would want investment in players - the only name they have to sell is Rooney and no one wants him, really, so that leaves spending on names which would leave a hole in the balance sheet (not that the scumbag Glazers care, they are milking it - that's the bitter pill that comes with hating united, those fuckers will make out either way)

much better to find some resource idiot with money to burn like city or psg or monaco (well, as long as they pay the bills which as Pellegrini found out at Malaga doesn't always happen)

Seems to be the only choice nowdays: midtable obscurity vs relinquishing your club to some oligarch. Being a LFC supporter, Im not sure which is better.
    In with the 9.

good action in today's League Cup matches

Fulham v Everton = entertaining

going to Penalty Kicks in West Brom v Aresenal

who sez League Cup is boring? (besides Steve Bruce...)

Hugh Conway Guest
    Interesting Saturday in the EPL. Both Mancs played like shit, chelski v. spurs was mediocre, arsenal v swansea was quite nice. Looking like an interesting Champions League week - City v Bayern and Arsenal v Napolia could be good.

After being saved from dropping points against Elche earlier in the week by the ref (did you guys see that call? Same ref who took a legit Sevilla goal off the board when they played Barca. Pepe is a classless dickbag of a football player), Real got served by Atletico in the Madrid derby. Atletico is no joke and I wouldn't be surprised if they finish ahead of Real this year.
    Messi scored yet another wonderful goal yesterday, but his hamstring could be an issue all year. Doubt he'll play this week against Celtic.

Pepe's dive. Love the announcer just laughing at how bad of a call that was at 3 seconds in.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Bayern is kicking ass at the moment

Im not a big Charlie Rose fan, but this is a fantastic interview with SAF.

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60274655

HAHAHAHAHA Mexican'ts! This is fantastic! This guy goes nutz and tells it how it is. I wish American announcers would sack up and tell it how it is more often.

"GOOOOAAAAAAL The US of A PUTS us in the playoffs!!!!!" USA!

"It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ...BECAUSE OF THEM , NOT DUE TO YOU..NOT ANY OF YOU in the green shirts ....IT WAS THEM!!.NOT YOU!..THEY DID IT!!!!!NOT YOU! remember this forever..... KEEP THIS CLEARLY IN MIND FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES! You do NOTHING for the shirt, you do NOT put the effort, you have NOTplaced us in the playoffs , you HAVE NOT placed us in the WORLD CUP ..YOU WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT US ALIVE....IT WAS ESTADOS UNIDOS, NOT YOU.! .NOT YOU AND YOUR ARROGANCE/CONCEIT.....NOT YOU AND YOUR INFAMY....NOT YOU AND YOUR MORONS/PUNKS....
    "IT IS A FAILURE.....and UNDESERVED -to go through to the playoff- WE HAD NO ARGUMENTS to earn the playoffs, THE USA, WITH SUBS , WITH MANY SUBS as the visiting team shows us once again what the USA is all about ....how to play the game with dignity, how to approach the sport..MExico is a horror, just terrible....A FAILURE....
    THE USA HAS SURPASSED US ..They are better than Mexico in SOCCER ....THEY EVEN HAVE THE LUXURY OF PLAYING THEIR SUBS and KEEPING US LIVE.... I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns..He has failed as coach.

Hopefully Vucetich PUTS ON PANTS OR HANDS IN HIS RESIGNATION TODAY! He is ALSO FAILING AS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR! He is NOT WORKING OUT AS COACH OF THE NATIONAL TEAM! We need someone who WEARS PANTS (ie, has courage) AND WHO REMOVES THE EUROPEANS (Chicharito?, dos Santos? Aquino? Marquez - although he doesn't play in Europe any longer?) and who leads us out of the qualification round. The Europeans DO NO EXIST in this team at this moment, doctor (does that mean they are invisible?) . . . No, and they don't exist either . . . (2nd announcer then interrupted by end of U.S. game) . . . The match in Panama has just finished and Mexico will play against New Zealand . . . dragging its legs . . . its digni . . . (video cut off)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BWsv1l3CEAAnTHj.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	142788

Portugal/France playoff would be fun. I cant see TPTB allowing it to happen though.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Real class shown by Jorgensen at the end.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

I thought the whole team showed a lot of class at the end.

Or they didn't want to get shot.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Group F is nasty. NASTY. Naples/Dortmund/Arsenal all sitting on 6 points after 3 matches. It's a shame one of those clubs wont make it out of the group.