Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    For a first year nurse in the Montana Nurses Association (union) I believe is about 23 and change an hour.

Great and accurate post Summit. I would like to add that this, "by hiring minimum wage folks with 200 hours of votech school to replace the college professionals wherever possible" may be true in some facilities, however the federal mandate that ~ 80% nurses be BSN prepared by 2020, coupled with 'magnate status' hospitals requiring BSN nurses, means that it would behoove all entering the profession to procure their BSN sooner rather than later.

Where I am employed (98 bed hospital) we have 5 full time RN positions open, ranging from home health to med/surg, and about 6-7 part time positions. So jobs are there, but as has been said numerous times, the applicant pool is large and it can be difficult to distinguish yourself from other new grads.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Looking really really really good for her to be getting a job in the surgical ICU unit where she interned last summer. Nothing is 100%, but the director essentially told her the job is hers for the taking!!!!

She got hired in the Telemetry Unit! They all agreed that starting out in the ICU would be a big leap. She starts orientation first week of September.

We will be looking for a hospital for her to transfer to out west when her Presidency of the NJNSA ends in May 2015

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Nice one, Hopefully it works out for you and you can get out of the land of spray tans and into the lands of snow tans.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Anyone have connections in the Bend area? Contemplating a move and my wife is putting out feelers. She's WOCN, currently working in home healthcare...
    Looks like the move is happening; anyone have any connections?

I too got a job in telemetry unit last Summer in Spokane. Was impossible to get a job in Seattle area. Oh well, I'm hoping to get minimum of two years and get a certification before I start looking around. However, the group I work with including the assistance nurse manager and the nurse manager is amazing and also I want to return the favor of training me by being a valuable team member for few years...

Spokane isn't so bad with decent resorts within couple hrs drive, really good resorts within 3-4 hrs drive and amazing resorts under 10 hrs drive. Not many hipster poser, but you do see some classic good ol' boys mentality. I'm not much of a lake guy in summer, but if you are, there are tons of lakes around.

Good luck and if she doesn't know the forum in allnurses.com, let her look around. Tons of info including relocation.

^^^ Irony is, we're in Spoko now. ;-). She works for PVNA.

Not sure what PVNA is, but I need a buddy to go ride with. If you're looking for someone to go ride with especially north of the boarder, hit me up.

Providence Visiting Nurses Association; basically home healthcare. She's WOCN.

I haven't been skiing this year; long story. Might not have a season at all at this pace, major foot problems. You ever make it up to 49?

Hopefully this thread helps someone else. Won't help me for shit now. We broke up. She is too busy with full time nursing + night online classes + being president of the state board. She wants to get her masters and become a nurse anesthetist, so she won't be done school for like 3 or 4 more years and she wants to do her school on the east coast in NYC or Philly. Fuck that noise.

Sorry about that. Anyway, I haven't made it up to 49 yet. Only been to the Kan once. I plan on going to Alpental this weekend and watching the Seahawks win another Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Hopefully this thread helps someone else. Won't help me for shit now. We broke up. She is too busy with full time nursing + night online classes + being president of the state board. She wants to get her masters and become a nurse anesthetist, so she won't be done school for like 3 or 4 more years and she wants to do her school on the east coast in NYC or Philly. Fuck that noise.
    Now is your chance to get out west. Do it now while you still can. Life's too short.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Now is your chance to get out west. Do it now while you still can. Life's too short.
    I know man. Trying to figure out how to save enough money over the next year so that I can beat feet out of here.

Anyone with experience and flexibility, PM me. Six figure salary, 3 ten hour shifts a week. You could stack these Thursday-Tues and commute. Lemme know.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Anyone with experience and flexibility, PM me. Six figure salary, 3 ten hour shifts a week. You could stack these Thursday-Tues and commute. Lemme know.
    Where is the job?

Attention BS720, douche thy box.

Still got some questions for ya, thanks!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

My box is squeaky clean. It smells like mint and vinegar.

Nursing connections in the mountain west?

If anyone can give me an idea of nursing opportunities out West (particularly Northern Colorado), it'd be much appreciated. Hope to move to Colorado in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean7111 View Post
    If anyone can give me an idea of nursing opportunities out West (particularly Northern Colorado), it'd be much appreciated. Hope to move to Colorado in 2-3 years.
    Let me pull out my crystal ball. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Strike coming up in the West. All areas. PM me for details.