Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TTips Done

Quote Originally Posted by CJL116 View Post
    jong here. is ttips a tele thread? never freed the heel and never will but i have a few friends that can charge tele. to each his own
    It is/was a website dedicating to tele and for years had an active forum.

Is it true? Big Tim, do tell.

I was just looking at that ad for the Garmont Endorphins the other day thinking it was amazing that the banners hadn't changed in four years.

I bet Mitch is finally getting it back together in the off season. Updating the software and accepting all those new members

"I took to wearing a black tie known as the Ascot, with long drooping ends. I had seen pictures of the tele folks wearing this style of tie." GSA
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaut View Post
    Well alrighty. Thanks for the welcome. I do have a question, just to make sure I hew to the local customs. When you say “all non-fucking gaper jongs”, do you mean (all non-fucking) gaper jongs (i.e., celibate gaper jongs are welcome)? Where does this leave non-gaper jongs, celibate or not?

As for being the best skier on my mountain, well you will have to take that up with the young turks. I do not still use leather boots, but you would not know it from how I ski.
    I wasn't talking to you fucking jong.
    Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim View Post
    Attachment 139363

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".
    not today mr twain

I bet Mitch is finally getting it back together in the off season. Updating the software and accepting all those new members
    The time for updating is looooong past.

Mitch either doesn't care or has become so disgusted with the site that he has killed it/let it die.

Seriously, is there really anything left to save?

whom would be in a hurry to thro any time or $ at people arguing/behaving badly over what amounts to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

I am still a telemarker albeit a lapsed one and I think the sport is bigger than TT.com

there was probably some kind of puter problem
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by nurse ben View Post
    The time for updating is looooong past.

Mitch either doesn't care or has become so disgusted with the site that he has killed it/let it die.

Seriously, is there really anything left to save?
    if i remember correctly you have a history of being one of the biggest idiots on the board, and you were actually banned. which really takes some doing

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    if i remember correctly you have a history of being one of the biggest idiots on the board, and you were actually banned. which really takes some doing
    QFT 12345
    watch out for snakes

Telemark is alive and well. I think it would be interesting to look at an age-demographic of active, posting Ttipsters. I bet I'm on the young end, and as a father of 3 I'm no spring chicken.

Seems that in the winter the occasional lurker will post up some questions about getting better, purchasing gear or something, and there might be a few of these that are younger, but they're quickly run off by the snark that broils up in every thread.

I think what's happening is that young 'uns aren't feeding growth, and the fact that no new members are getting approved (going on, what, 2-3 years now?) and it has become sort of stagnant. Us oldsters there still like hanging out there, but everyone else understands to steer clear of the place like a cemetery on a full moon Friday the 13th at midnight lest they get drug into some obnoxious spragging by geriatrics.

If it came back I would be back there in a flash, because flinging poo with the people there has become a regular part of my day, like a bran muffin and coffee in the morning, but I totally 'get' what's been happening and in it's current vector it simply can't last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Over there what I've seen happen many a time is when all of the idiots decide to point at one idiot together, that single idiot gets banned. But most days everyone there is a fucktard, including me, and if the herd had the wherewithal they could harmonize and demonize any one of the others.

idiots keep it real you better recognize.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    Over there what I've seen happen many a time is when all of the idiots decide to point at one idiot together, that single idiot gets banned. But most days everyone there is a fucktard, including me, and if the herd had the wherewithal they could harmonize and demonize any one of the others.
    What I have seen over the years is that only people who really really really deserved it got banned, even if we're all idiots. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What I have seen over the years is that only people who really really really deserved it got banned, even if we're all idiots. :shrug:
    Why is Willy still allowed in? Or pinchloafer?

that's the whole point - is just about the LoLs - as is this place - lol

nurse ben commenting on ttips is classic! hahahahahahahahahaha

Hugh Conway Guest
    Never miss a chance to be positive, clueless, and content free do you Danno?

Why is Willy still allowed in? Or pinchloafer?
    Maybe they only really deserved it, and not really really really deserved it. I dunno, I don't wield the ban stick. But the people who did get banned? well, you're one of the only ones who think it was undeserved.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hugh Conway Guest
    just fucking stop Danno - you like it as a room of reminiscing geezers scared of anything different who are often happen to be lead around as a "herd" by various plants giving information (like the last "member" to register and get over 100 posts)

Maybe they only really deserved it, and not really really really deserved it. I dunno, I don't wield the ban stick. But the people who did get banned? well, you're one of the only ones who think it was undeserved.
    I'm not, I'm just the most vocal about it.

Also, it isn't that I think it was undeserved, I just thought people were being giant hypocrites. Out of nowhere there were resounding complaints about "so and so" and then about "so and so." I looked back, yep, they were annoying, but no more annoying than everyone else. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 people there who haven't been at some point super annoying. As I said, myself included.

I mean, really, you're going to compare some of the banned to Willy and try and justify that? Willy? Captain fuckface? Come one...nobody likes him.

i like willy

fucktard was despised after the first week of his first appearance

I'm not, I'm just the most vocal about it.

Also, it isn't that I think it was undeserved, I just thought people were being giant hypocrites. Out of nowhere there were resounding complaints about "so and so" and then about "so and so." I looked back, yep, they were annoying, but no more annoying than everyone else. I can think of maybe 1 or 2 people there who haven't been at some point super annoying. As I said, myself included.

I mean, really, you're going to compare some of the banned to Willy and try and justify that? Willy? Captain fuckface? Come one...nobody likes him.
    I can only think of 2 banned people, you seem to be talking about more (I'm counting all Ron iterations as one). In any case, I'm not going to debate you on whether willy should have been banned or not (not sure I have an opinion, but I do know he wouldn't be my first choice), or whether ron's bans were justified. It's been hashed over too many times, and you know we won't agree.

From what I could tell, Willy was like a one man TGR that gave the site street cred.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Ron and Ben both have their fans, too.

As for Willy, while I might hold him in a certain amount of esteem for his intelligence, I can't say I like him. I like him the way I would like a STD if I were to somehow get one.

DBdude, what about Loafer? Like? Please don't tell me you like him. While Willy displays intelligence Loafer is like the boil on your ass that won't go away. Nothing fun about that.

jongslaughter like

loaf = pompous ass

never funny - pendantic