4 month summer ski/bike sabbatical WWMD

It is possible that I may have the next 4 months off, starting a week today. I am already scheduled to spend the last two weeks of July in Momentum ski camp and then am thinking of spending a week or 2 in Windells but I am kind of at a loss for what to do after that and am looking for ideas on what to do after that.

I know some of the general options- head to somewhere in SA, go to Queenstown, stay for a bit in the PNW and hit the bike parks- but I am finding planning a full months a bit daunting. As I can travel around, how should I balance my time? Any particular places I should be at certain times such as the Alps d'huez Magavalanche race that I just found out I already missed? Are there any "must do's" that the Maggots would hit? Basically, if you had the next 4 months off and didn't have to worry about money too much and could pretty much travel anywhere where would you go and when?
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

probably two chicks at one time man... I'd figure a guy with your schedule could hook that up someplace.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

You could do a nice tour biking in the alps and hitting a few glaciers along the way.
    Does this mean a move to hk?

Sounds like the southern hemisphere is having a pretty good winter so far. I'd go to Chile or Queenstown personally.

Or go to Whistler and ski glaciers and ride bikes.

Talk about first world problems...

I guess your not a golfer?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Niether golfer nor bowler, I am afraid... 2 Chicks at the same time is pretty much a given. My main problem is Oct. It is a bit of a shoulder season and I have already done the antarctica thing. Touring in Patagonia? Are the bike parks still open in Europe?

www.poachninja.com

October? Spend it mountain biking in New England.

October is easy. Go to Sweden for a 3 week orgy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swedflagteam.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	139324

That is, after the previous two weeks in Germany for Oktoberfest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Bike in Peru, ski in Argentina/Chile.

October is prime time Moab season.

Come down to Argentina at some point, we'll show you a good time. Get in touch if you're interested, and I can help you get organized.

Most bike parks over here start closing mid Sept, but others like Leogang are open until late Oct. you also have a few smaller places open longer and shuttle options in Spain, Portugal and southern France.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Are the bike parks still open in Europe?
    in switz, there are some late openers - crans montana (oct 20), st luc (3 nov), vecorin (20 oct), anzere (27 oct), to name a few (some are wed-sun only, some weekends only). there are also lots of places to ride with little funiculaires or telepheriques that run 365. if you want to bike, you won't be short of options. weather is usually pretty nice sept/oct, and autumn is beautiful in the alps.

Go hike Glacier National Park early August. Hit the skiing down south by August 20. Sailing in Hawaii in October. Bike anywhere along the way.

Stunts, definitely ski SA.
    Pm master of green beans-you probably met him at mini- he's there entire season.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Got it. Looks like now I will do a bit of Momentum/hood, head to SA for a bit and hook up with some Mags there, head back to the US and MTB Moab ect. I now just need to sort out a moab crew....

Thanks all for the help.

www.poachninja.com

^^^ that should be an awesome loop.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Dude, you should go fuck yourself, that's where you should go! hahaha... jealous! Enjoy the time off and give me a holla in Whistler for some bike park laps!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Dude, you should go fuck yourself, that's where you should go! hahaha... jealous! Enjoy the time off and give me a holla in Whistler for some bike park laps!
    Indeed! Heading to the airport now with bike and skis in tow. Will hit you up this week

Sent from my CAL21 using TGR Forums

www.poachninja.com