Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,448 of 1448
  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. I’m a sucker for heist films and I love Point Break, so the first one is basically a perfect movie for me.

    Did I hear somewhere that The Rock and Statham hate each other so much they were never together for any part of the filming of Hobbs and Shaw?
    I never heard any rumblings about The Rock and Statham…
    But there was plenty of online rumblings about Diesel and Dwayne butting heads…I always assumed that’s why they did the spin-off.

    I felt the last film suffered horribly from the absence of The Rock. That and the fact that everyone involved seemed to be taking the ludicrous story too seriously…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    While I feel that the latter entries in the series have jumped a megalodon, this article is well-written and the author embraces the shark jumping wholeheartedly:

    https://www.theringer.com/movies/202...plained-fast-x
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    4,338
    I saw Fast X this afternoon. It is the first Fast and Furious franchise movie I've seen in the theater as I've never been a big fan. I have to say it was an entertaining movie. I did shake my head multiple times as it was tough to suspend my disbelief, but I still had fun and thought Jason Momoa was a good villain. I wasn't expecting that type of ending as the only thing I knew about the movie was the trailer.

    Walking out of the theater with my friend, who is a fan of the franchise, I said this feels like the MCU only with cars as the good guys really do not die.


  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    10,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    I saw Fast X this afternoon. It is the first Fast and Furious franchise movie I've seen in the theater as I've never been a big fan. I have to say it was an entertaining movie. I did shake my head multiple times as it was tough to suspend my disbelief, but I still had fun and thought Jason Momoa was a good villain. I wasn't expecting that type of ending as the only thing I knew about the movie was the trailer.

    Walking out of the theater with my friend, who is a fan of the franchise, I said this feels like the MCU only with cars as the good guys really do not die.
    Just saw this as well. The whole franchise is ready to be put to bed. Itís all just a rehash of the same people and same stories as 8&9, even with the forced nostalgia rammed down your throat every five minutes. The worst thing about it is that I didnít even leave the theater feeling like I wanted to break a bunch of traffic laws. Iím pretty sure I was on the hook for felony speeding on the way home from the first four or five of them. I left this one just bored.

    It really is a comic book movie now where they just pretend that these are all non-super people. They use Nos like they use Vibranium. Whenever they need to get out of a sticky situation, just hit it with Nos. Thatíll solve it!

    The only bright spot was Jason Mamoa. He was like a big, evil Pedro Pascal and really carried the whole show.

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Well, we still have F11 (aka FX pt 2 aka “the finale”) to go, then innumerable spin-offs.
    So there’s gonna be Fast & Furious clogging up the cineplexes for quite some time going forward…

    As long as they keep making bank (I believe they are HUGE throughout the Asian market) they will keep churning ‘em out.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The worst thing about it is that I didnít even leave the theater feeling like I wanted to break a bunch of traffic laws. Iím pretty sure I was on the hook for felony speeding on the way home from the first four or five of them.
    I know after the first one, when I was in my early 20's, I certainly pushed my Ford Taurus pretty hard on the way home. Good thing I didn't have a NoS injection system!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    W
    T
    F
    ?!?!?!!!

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    8,062
    Ok, but really that needs to be a porno too

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Ok, but really that needs to be a porno too
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Really hoping this gets a Stateside theatrical release cuz I digs me some swords-n-swashbuckling epic costumed intrigue and drama.

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In rain shadow of the Sierra CC,NV
    Posts
    3,736
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Really hoping this gets a Stateside theatrical release cuz I digs me some swords-n-swashbuckling epic costumed intrigue and drama.

    That Eva Green sure gets a lot of work, don't she?

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

    ...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    That Eva Green sure gets a lot of work, don't she?

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Unbeknownst to me, she is French (I was always under the impression/misconception that she was a Brit)Ö
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    10,303
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    W
    T
    F
    ?!?!?!!!

    Unfortunately I think itís already out of theaters

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Unfortunately I think it’s already out of theaters
    I believe it is a “one-night only” event taking place at select theaters on June 21 (at least here in The States):

    https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Mad-Heidi
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    10,303
    Oh weird. I was looking at something that said 2022. Must have been a typo.

  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Oh weird. I was looking at something that said 2022. Must have been a typo.
    Looks like it did the festival circuit in the fall of 2022, opened in Europe in November, and apparently had a limited run in The States in November 2022, as well:

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2943178/releaseinfo/

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    PS
    I believe it’s already on VOD

    https://madheidi.com/en-us
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    10,303
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Looks like it did the festival circuit in the fall of 2022, opened in Europe in November, and apparently had a limited run in The States in November 2022, as well:

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2943178/releaseinfo/

    Ha. Itís all starting to come together now!

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Teetering on the fence about this, even though I really dug the first one.
    It’s just that I am hella multiversed out at this point…

    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    8,062
    Same

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Same
    A quasi upside is that Galaxy Theaters sent me a free ticket for my b-day. It expires June 27, so I either use it for this, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts or The Flash…none of which I am terribly excited about, but they’re the only new films opening before the expiration date of the freebie ticket…


    PS
    I have realized that my favorite Marvel and DC films have all been stand-alone stories that didn’t involve either the multiverse or alternate Earths…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

    http://www.blizzardsportusa.com/

  22. #1447
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    Teetering on the fence about this, even though I really dug the first one.
    Itís just that I am hella multiversed out at this pointÖ

    I agree on the multiverse stuff being overdone but you may as well go to this one. It was pretty fun

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    7,569
    Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    W
    T
    F
    ?!?!?!!!

    Brought to you by the creators of Kentucky Fried Movie?
    Hope there are some Catholic High School Girls In Trouble scenes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •