Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1690
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyonaBuffalo View Post
    Well .... the trailer IS pretty intriguing.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUKITY FUCK I AM NOT GUYONABUFFALO!!!

I AM PB.

I AM PB.
    it'd be a lot cooler if you were, man

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Some interesting looking smaller films are coming out in the next few weeks as if to provide an indie buffer to all the big budget action fare headed to theaters in the coming months…

Coming 4/7:

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Coming 3/17:

Coming 3/31:

OPERATION FORTUNE: RUSE DE GUERRE
    The spectres of both Bond and M:I float heavily around Guy Ritchie’s latest action opus. But that’s more’n half the fun of this rollicking flick that comes off as half homage and half piss take. One thing for certain, it’s a shame that neither of those franchises ever snapped up Ritchie to helm one of their entries. Also, Jason Statham would make for an interesting James Bond.
    But I digress.
    If you dig Ritchie’s style and his previous caper films—Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, RocknRolla, and The Gentlemen—then chances are you’ll dig this, as well.
    I certainly did.
    Statham, who is clearly to Ritchie what Kurt Russel was to John Carpenter and Bruce Campbell was to Sam Raimi, is his usual gruff, bone breaking badass. His straight man schtick is offset by Aubrey Plaza’s deadpan humor and further complemented by Bugzy Malone’s street charm and Cary Elwes gentlemanly schmarm. Oh, and there’s Hugh Grant chewing the scenery like a fine meal at a Michelin starred eatery; dude is finding his groove as a baddie.
    The story does suffer ever so slightly from some plot points that are rather similar to Nic Cage’s wonderful romp The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, but the pacing, Ritchie’s penchant for slick directorial panache, well choreographed action sequences, and a cast that appears to be having a blast more than make up for any feelings of deja vu.

Just saw this last night. If you like sarcasm you might enjoy this. It wasn’t bad but it could’ve been so much better.

I AM PB.
    Embrace the guy. And the Buffalo.

It’s all good. You’re in a safe space.

Well, I'm guessing that GoaB is a fixed heeler, so ...... no embracing, but I'm ok with sitting next to him and chatting at the bar.

If you were sitting home bored out of your skull on a Tuesday night this film would not alleviate said boredom. It is so frustratingly bland in the most generic way that I had to fight the urge to keep checking my watch to see when it would be over. I should have known better as it was written and directed by the duo who wrote A Quiet Place, which I thought was horrible. But I got sucked in because of Adam Driver. I figured he wouldn’t star in a POS, but man was I wrong. This is the type of film that a former A-list actor makes at the end of their career and would have gone straight to VHS or SyFy, not the cineplex. They must’ve paid him well. The score is unrelenting in its attempts to create emotional tension, but it’s just as bland and generic as the film it’s trying to compliment. The story lacks exposition, has one-dimensional characters, and succumbs to every trope imaginable. But mostly it’s just boring, excruciatingly boring.
    Not worth the $5.75 matinee price or the 90-minute r/t drive to the theater.
    Not worth $2.25 when it comes to Redbox, either.

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    If you were sitting home bored out of your skull on a Tuesday night this film would not alleviate said boredom. It is so frustratingly bland in the most generic way that I had to fight the urge to keep checking my watch to see when it would be over. I should have known better as it was written and directed by the duo who wrote A Quiet Place, which I thought was horrible. But I got sucked in because of Adam Driver. I figured he wouldn’t star in a POS, but man was I wrong. This is the type of film that a former A-list actor makes at the end of their career and would have gone straight to VHS or SyFy, not the cineplex. They must’ve paid him well. The score is unrelenting in its attempts to create emotional tension, but it’s just as bland and generic as the film it’s trying to compliment. The story lacks exposition, has one-dimensional characters, and succumbs to every trope imaginable. But mostly it’s just boring, excruciatingly boring.
    I couldn't even sit through the trailers for this on youtube.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Sounds perfect for my 8yr old.

Was going to take her because she loves seeing people get eaten by large creatures.

Is it so bad an 8yr old would hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Sounds perfect for my 8yr old.

Was going to take her because she loves seeing people get eaten by large creatures.

Is it so bad an 8yr old would hate it?
    Nobody gets eaten.
    And, yes, it is so bad that an 8 yr old may very well hate it, although there is an 8 yr old girl in the film (there are only 2 main protagonists and neither get eaten)….

The Unofficial Ongoing Current Movies in Theaters thread

John Wick Chapter 4 - just go see it. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 03-29-2023 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    John Wick Chapter 4 - just go see it. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
    Another 3 hour movie. Is it THAT good?

Can’t wait to see it but that’s a long time to sit in a theatre when I don’t really like sitting in theatres.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 03-29-2023 at 03:41 PM.

So do I need to see the other 1-3 of these John whick deals or is it good as a stand alone?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    So do I need to see the other 1-3 of these John whick deals or is it good as a stand alone?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    There’s a story line through the series. I’d definitely suggest watching the first 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Can’t wait to see it but that’s a long time to sit in a theatre when I don’t really like sitting in theatres.
    Technically it’s only 2 hours and 49 minutes…

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    The original is good. Worth seeing if you dig action films.
    JW2 is phenomenal. Highly recommended.
    3 was a bloated mess, imho. Skip it.
    I am a bit skeptical about the new one as it’s the same screenwriting team who made JW3 such a mess.
    That said, the trailer looks cool and I am already invested.
    Plus Donnie Yen.

If you don’t feel like investing the time in watching the other 3, just read the plot summaries on Wikipedia and you’ll be brought up to speed on the story, which is pretty simple all things considered.

If John Wick isn’t revealed to be part of the matrix what are we even doing w movies anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

I found that it went by pretty quickly. It’s basically four 20-30 minute fight sequences with a little plot thrown in between. Each fight scene had a unique feel and a heart pumping soundtrack. I don’t really remember Wick 3, so I’m guessing I enjoyed this one more.

Technically it’s only 2 hours and 49 minutes…
    You can make it 3 if you stay for the stinger.

Dungeons and Dragons was good. Don’t know anything about that world but the movie was funny and entertaining, better than expected.

RE: Creed III
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I saw Creed III last night on a whim. They were doing an early screening of it and my wife was out of town.

I've seen the first Creed, but not Creed II for reference.

I like this one ok. I think parts of the story were good, and the boxing scenes were well done. I didn't feel like i missed anything from the second one, but maybe there are some nuances I would have caught. The plot though felt really shoehorned in.

Some maybe mild spoilers below:

The plot centers around Creed's old friend who gets out of jail and wants to start boxing again, so because of [waves hand] reasons ... he gets a championship fight as his first professional fight. I think with about five minutes of critical thought they could have made that part a lot more believable. I only passingly pay attention to fight sports and even I know that would never happen. It almost feels like Jonathan Majors' character is the Creed version of Killmonger. Like it's almost the exact same story.

There're also a few other plot lines that feel just shoved in there that maybe should have been either cut from the movie or wrapped up a little more cleanly.

Overall, though, I enjoyed it, and was entertained throughout.
    Apparently the film was heavily influenced by anime:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/cre...ces-explained/

Better be a cameo….

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Why have you rebooted us from our ancient slumber?!?!

Saw the original in theatre in high school. At first we were very wtf is this until the genius became clear. I cant even imagine ED without BC. Looking fwd to this one for sure. Don’t forget the car