Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    The second Hunger Games was entertaining, much better than the first one.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    And I couldn't get past Amy Adams flouncing about sans bra
    FIFY....

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    FIFY....
    That was a highlight of the film for sure!

But seriously, I really kept thinking it was fucking Les Grossman and was waiting for the rap music to start. My GF said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I thought American Hustle was just ok. It definitely was about 30 minutes too long. I felt the plot was done before the movie. But then again, I hate going to the theater, so maybe I was just antsy. And I couldn't get passed thinking Christian Bale was doing Tom Cruise's Les Grossman character from Tropical Thunder.
    I thought it was better than "just ok", but didn't think it was great.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wolf of Wall Street fucking sucked. It was like an unedited circle jerk between Scorsese, Leo, and Jonah Hll.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Wolf of Wall Street fucking sucked. It was like an unedited circle jerk between Scorsese, Leo, and Jonah Hll.
    And on that note

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2..._prousalis.php

"And yet you're glorifying it -- you who call yourselves liberals. You were honored for career excellence and for your cultural influence by the Kennedy Center, Marty. You drive a Honda hybrid, Leo. Did you think about the cultural message you'd be sending when you decided to make this film? You have successfully aligned yourself with an accomplished criminal, a guy who still hasn't made full restitution to his victims, exacerbating our national obsession with wealth and status and glorifying greed and psychopathic behavior. And don't even get me started on the incomprehensible way in which your film degrades women, the misogynistic, ass-backwards message you endorse to younger generations of men.

But hey, listen boys, I get it. I was conned, too. By. My. Own. Dad! I drove a white Range Rover in high school, snorted half of Colombia, and got any guy I ever wanted because my father would take them flying in his King Air."

Sent from a rotary phone.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Anchorman 2

As bad as you would have expected.
    It wAs basically a remake of the first one. I guess I wasn't stoned enough this time.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Rush - It didn't suck, can see why some people might say that if you weren't in love with the way things used to be; slight to much Ron Howard. But man, it had what's attractive about that era down cold. So much, so well presented I knew what to be said before they said it. God damn an era before the Daily Heil busted Lewis Hamilton's balls for snowshoeing without a helmet.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    you actually had to go see it to figure that out?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    you actually had to go see it to figure that out?
    I figured Scorsese would have least been telling Leo and Hill how to spank it....it was a free for all.

Just saw Monuments Men.
    Nice, solid, deadpan performances from Bill Murray and Bob Balaban.
    The rest of the cast represented lovely, as well.
    Felt like an old-time war movie, like they used to make back in the '50s/'60s/'70s.
    Nice twist on the whole war angle, too, what with saving art instead of blowing up bridges or killing folks.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Hugh Conway Guest
    Dom Hemingway - Jude Law goes on a highly quotable rampage. Daenerys Targeryan doesn't look at all like Daenerys Targeryan.

I liked his hangover rant.

Looking forward to catching the raid sequel sometime soon.

Anything new worth seeing?

I'm excited to watch Wes Anderson's 'Budapest hotel' ...looks like one of his better films...

Also want to watch 'Noah' at the Imax 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Noah was pretty good. Russell Crowe was solid, and it was imaginative and entertaining.

3/4 erect

I thought that Noah was pretty bad. One of those movies in which after 70-80 min, I was asking myself "when will the pain end". Anthoney Hopkins was fun to watch in his role as Methusulah. I wish he would have kept him around, seeing as the writers were taking Biblical liberties with the story throughout the flick.

That one chick, Emma Watson, I think, was a hot piece of ass, however. Too bad they couldn't have worked in a gang-bang scene involving her.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Looking forward to catching the raid sequel sometime soon.
    i'll second that.
    stoked that it's hitting Reno this Friday.

Captain America - The Winter Solder was pretty good. Had a bit deeper/complex plot that most of the blockbuster superhero movies.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Dom Hemingway - Jude Law goes on a highly quotable rampage. Daenerys Targeryan doesn't look at all like Daenerys Targeryan.
    Thanks.

Looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The Raid 2 was off-the-nuts.

Writer/Director/Editor Gareth Evans totally eclipsed the first film in terms of production values, insane fight sequences, and visual nuance. He manages to straddle the line between Asian art film and bone-crushing delirium quite nicely.

Pencak Silat makes Muy Thai look like child's play and Iko Uwais has easily grabbed the crown from Tony Jaa, in terms of being the current martial arts cinematic badass.*

Additionally, the sound design is amazing, both in terms of audio FX and the music.

If you dig martial arts mayhem, it's a must see.

*according to IMDb, Tony Jaa is slated to be in The Raid 3...!?

Nymphomaniac Vol. 1. Demure compared to Blue is the Warmest Color, but interesting enough to have me come back for Vol. 2

Rush -.
    The first one (1994?) way fucking better.
    "Can't you see..."

Under The Skin

Just saw this yesterday and not sure what to make of it. Rather slow, visually intriguing art sci-fi/horror film starring Scarlett Johansson. Very much in the vein of films like The Man Who Fell To Earth and The Hunger; slow moving, interesting sound design, some bugged out moments, but overall kind of meh. It does feature Ms. Johansson naked, for those who care about such things. The interesting aspect of this is that she pretty much looks like your average 30-something naked; she's also not terribly made-up in the movie (i.e. looks nothing like The Black Widow). If you're into semi-abstract, slow-moving, ethereal sci-fi, then this might be up your alley. A recent film that's in the same vein, and which I enjoyed much better, was Beyond the Black Rainbow...

Just saw neighbors. Was terrible. Just awful.