Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Not having read the book and only interested in movies like that for their entertainment value, I'm looking forward to seeing WWZ. I expect only mindless action and mayhem from this, so don't see how I could be too disappointed unless the plot directly contradicts itself.

That's the thing that kills some movies that could have been good for me. Things like - at the beginning of the movie the aliens move super fast, employ great tactics, and are unbeatable but by the end of the movie they're slow moving and dimwitted. I can think of one movie I still like in spite of that but it would've been so much better with some consistency.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Saw WWZ last night with my 12yo Daughter. We were both entertained.

Iron Man 3 - Pretty good
    Star Trek 2 - I really liked this movie. I never saw the original Star Trek 2 movie so this story way new to me.
    Man of Steel - OK, but not as good as the first two.

Going to see Pacific Rim tomorrow.

WWZ sucked hard and i'm a hudge zombie movie fan. it was just a complete mess of a movie. cliched scenes, bad edits, no suspense, etc.

iron man 3 was an even bigger stinker. very disappointing. too much talk not enough action. it was like they were trying to do it on the cheap and skimp on fx.

i'm hoping star trek makes up for these disappointments.

Be prepared for the new fancy-shmancy sound delivery (ST 2/reboot); a little too loud for this old geezer.

Thought this was a good line....."Pacific Rim's greatest breakthrough may be that it's the first Hollywood blockbuster to sport a title less descriptive of its plot than of its intended market."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Sorry, but I found the movie really boring.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S....shtml?cat=500
    Has to have been a maggot
    Police say security at the Century 14 theatre downtown was tipped off that a man was urinating in a bathroom sink.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Star Trek- worth the ticket price
    Now You See Me- did not enjoy
    Pacific Rim- thoroughly entertaining. B-movie entertainment with a blockbuster budget. Go see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Pacific Rim. So rad. Walks a fine line towards kitchy, but never crosses it. Del Toro is such a heartful, crazy-creative fan-boy. He clearly loves Kaiju and giant robots. I mean, who doesnt. See it in 3D. So much fun.

I am likely the only fool in the world to have walked into wwz not knowing it was a fucking zombie movie. I'm a little fried on zombie movies but I do like the walking dead.

Gonna see pacific rimjob

Saw this is the end last night. Haven't laughed like that at a movie in a long time. Solid solid flick.

Star trek 2-all action. Seriously, the time inbetween crisis's is about 2 minutes on average. Still enjoyable, but they need to slow the fuck down on the pacing.

--------------------------------------
    my phone is better than yours.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Pacific Rim was a decent movie. As someone already posted fund B-movie type film with good special effects.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I am likely the only fool in the world to have walked into wwz not knowing it was a fucking zombie
    movie. I'm a little fried on zombie movies but I do like the walking dead.
    ha! reminds me of the time i went and saw dusk til dawn and didn't know it was a vampire movie. it thought it was just some cool pulp fiction type flick up until selma hayek turned into a vampire. hotness!

pick up the book. it's amazing. nothing like the movie.

Second week of Despicable Me 2 and Grown Ups 2 made more money than Pacific Rim at the box office this weekend.
    I really want to see Pacific Rim But I have to drive and hour to see it. The local small theatre held over D.M.2 and The Lone Ranger and brought in G.U.2
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Hugh Conway Guest
    Only God Forgives: A 4 minute music video turned into a 90 minute movie by extending every cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Only God Forgives: A 4 minute music video turned into a 90 minute movie by extending every cut.
    It's a piece of shit.

In other news, download Oblivion NOW! I thought that movie was really fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Gonna see pacific rimjob
    Glad you said it. That's the only thing I can say when referring to this movie. Have not seen it, but that's what hits my mind when I read this title.

Enjoyed This Is The End.

Need to see Superman.

Saw Pacific Rim(job) tonight

pretty entertaining, special effects were bonkers

I feel like we need some sort of standardized rating system for movies here. I'll throw this out there:

My buddies and I have, since high school, used the Hustler magazine movie rating system. I think it works better than stars or thumbs up or down or whatever. A movie can get one of 5 ratings.

Totally limp
    1/4 erect
    1/2 mast
    3/4 erect
    Fully erect

so, Pacific Rim - 3/4 erect

Pacific Rim - If you want to see godzilla monsters fighting gigantic mechs, this is your movie. See it in 3D and enjoy. There's thankfully very little attempt at some sort of dumb love story, primarily just big things fighting. Fucking rad. Great score that has Tom Morello on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm a little fried on zombie movies but I do like the walking dead.
    I too am fried on cocktail liberals but I had no idea you'd cotton to Republicans.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

C'mon SOMEBODY see "wolverine" this weekend!!!

I know it will be terrible, but I want so bad for it to be good

Took the wife, and daughter to a last minute movie.
    They wanted to see The Heat with Sandra Bullock, and Melissa McCarthy.
    It had its stupid parts for sure, but I laughed really hard at a lot of it..
    Must recommend.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    I liked End of Watch.