Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I purchased a Warm Things comforter a few months ago and it's treated me great. I went with a light weight one as I sleep warm.

Feather Friends also makes some nice ones, just a little more expensive.

Okay - who has the goods on current deals?

Cold weather is upon me so I'm thinking of buying a good quality down comforter because it's time for a new one. Naturally with the cats and all I need a cover and heck why not pull it all together with new shams too..... click, click, click on The Company Store site and next thing you know .... $767! But hey, they are throwing in free shipping!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Okay - who has the goods on current deals?

Cold weather is upon me so I'm thinking of buying a good quality down comforter because it's time for a new one. Naturally with the cats and all I need a cover and heck why not pull it all together with new shams too..... click, click, click on The Company Store site and next thing you know .... $767! But hey, they are throwing in free shipping!
    Dual-zone heated blanket and then whatever. The wife has hers set to 20, and my side is at 2.

Comforter = Bestest way to save money.

Used to live in a (large,400m2) old wooden house for a decade. When the winter came, out came the comforter as well. When it was -32c outside it was not that unusual to have +12c in the bedroom in the morning as heating was done with wood + electric radiators. Yet, never slept better than then.
    I can only imagine what the electricity bill would have been if one would have tried to run the temps at the "normal" +22-24c as we tend to do in the western world...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Comforter = Bestest way to save money.

Used to live in a (large,400m2) old wooden house for a decade. When the winter came, out came the comforter as well. When it was -32c outside it was not that unusual to have +12c in the bedroom in the morning as heating was done with wood + electric radiators. Yet, never slept better than then.
    I can only imagine what the electricity bill would have been if one would have tried to run the temps at the "normal" +22-24c as we tend to do in the western world...
    Can you convert this to freedom units so the dumb Americans can understand.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Can you convert this to freedom units so the dumb Americans can understand.
    Cold, nippy and too warm.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Much appreciated. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I can't tell you which one to buy. That is the wife's department. If you want to put a cover on it though, that is my department(unfortunately). This video is all you need to know-

Just recently purchased a feathered friends 850 Bavarian arctic. It truly is an amazing comforter for 700 some odd dollars. So light so consistently fluffy and warm it’s absolutely incredible. I’ve got it with a L.L. Bean flannel sheet on the avocado mattress and I never wanna get out of bed anymore. Ultra highest recommendation!

Jesus Christ man. Ask the lady at the store
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I bought the LL Bean one about 5 years ago, whatever the most expensive line was at the time which was a pretty big splurge for us- I never did tell the Mrs. the damage. I think it was in the middle of warmth scale. I wanted baffle box construction and it got great reviews. Was one of my favorite purchases ever and wife agrees. I should have gotten their cover for it too-the comforter has loops for buttons that would be great to keep it from shifting around inside the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Just recently purchased a feathered friends 850 Bavarian arctic. It truly is an amazing comforter for 700 some odd dollars. So light so consistently fluffy and warm it’s absolutely incredible. I’ve got it with a L.L. Bean flannel sheet on the avocado mattress and I never wanna get out of bed anymore. Ultra highest recommendation!
    wondering if the arctic is really called for here. I mean, we have heat but keep it kinda cool, maybe 65 in winter. Arctic seems like overkill, no?

The down comforter we have is crazy old, it's time.

men posting on a mens only forum asking men about blankets.

wow

can i interest you in any sand w your pussy?

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

wow

Gotta get some sand in you clam if you wanna make a pearl!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

wow

So you'd say medium weight?

now that is some comedy right there, ladies.
    Last edited by byates1; 10-15-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: your, you're, yer, you,

I bought an 800 fill 1000 thread count egyptian cotton one off ebay back in college for $80. It is still working well and my wife likes it. Just checked, similar stuff looks about $120 these days.
    *not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    School me on down comforters

digitaldeath left his dna on deepsouthmafia’s
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

+1 on NOT getting white. We have two LLB one of which dates to 1991 and has preformed very, very well, but the white sure does show. Ours has squares quilted in, maybe 14 inch squares and never any issue with distribution.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    wondering if the arctic is really called for here. I mean, we have heat but keep it kinda cool, maybe 65 in winter. Arctic seems like overkill, no?

The down comforter we have is crazy old, it's time.
    Total overkill. I think the arctic is meant for rooms that are going to get into the 40's when the fire goes out. I think 65 would be too warm for me to sleep with any kind of down honestly.

https://www.taigaworks.com/collectio...own-comforters

I remember my sister buying one of these back in the day from the place where i would buy out door gear, she said it was the best and cheapest place in vangroovy at 260$
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We've had a Western Mountaineering down comforter for a long time, but I'm not a fan of it for the winter. The poly material is too slippery so it ends up slipping all over inside the duvet, even when tied to all the corner tie downs. It is also so light that it just kinda floats over you, and doesn't provide as much warmth.

We recently bought a heavier, organic cotton covered down comforter and like it a lot more. Heavier and doesn't slip around inside the duvet. Much warmer for the winter months. It was only $150 too, which is nice.

Sounds painful and tough to wash while pearl is layering up!

Anyone have beta on 'down alternative' products? Way cheaper, and I gotta think massively easier to wash.

As for the California roll, it looks way more complicated than just stuffing the thing and shaking from the corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I could not even begin to get my brain around the california roll.