Thumbs up Good restaurants in chi-town?

Going there for a week, never been there before, any restaurant recommendations?

The only place we are booked for so far is alinea, apparently it's good.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

get 'em to the greek...

love greek food and chitown has plenty, head to greektown and enjoy!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Hugh Conway Guest
    McDonald's still as happy meals.

I grew up in Chicago and actually plan my visits back around lunch and dinner plans.
    Since "chi-town" covers a massive area, I'll stick to spots close to downtown.

I ate at Alinea shortly after they opened and was floored. I believe it was reviewed as one of if not the best restaurant in the WORLD at the time. We did the tasting menu & wine pairing, maybe 8 courses. Service, vibe and quality was outstanding. Downside? Fucking expensive as hell. $300ish per head. I'd do it again, no question.

To jfrost's comment, my favorite Greek place (Costa's) burned down a few years back and they didn't rebuild. Shame, it was sooo good. Try Rodity on Halsted for killer casual greek food. Pegasus is also very good.

One of my favorite places to chill and eat/drink a lot was a great tapas place called Cafe Iberico on LaSalle. Really good everything. Definitely check it out.

King Crab Tavern up on Halsted in Boystown. Awesome seafood. Known for their crab legs and I always went for the oysters, and they have/had great beer selection on tap.

La Luce on Ogden at Lake St. REALLY good Italian joint.
    Francesca's on Taylor St. is great Italian as well.

Great steaks: Carmichael's Steakhouse on Monroe, or Gene and Georgetti in the Loop.

Pizza is subjective, but I love (1) Pizzeria Due (2) Lou Malnati's (3) Gino's
    Al's Beef for a great beef or beef/sausage combo (Chicago thing) and fries.

Fuck, I'm hungry.

i've only been to chicago once but had dinner at gene and georgetti's and it was amazing. be sure to make a resevation.

Oh good, I was wondering the same thing since this has NEVER been covered here (in the last 3 days anyway).
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I hear search function has a killer menu for 55 year old men pretending to be 14 year old Canadians.

There's seriously 2 or 3 very good threads already on this.
    I still call it The Jake.

Word is the Girl & Goat folks just opened a diner across the street from the main restaurant. Bayless joints get plenty of well earned respect. Hot Doug's is an iconic lunch spot, particularly on Fridays cuz of the duck fat fries.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Word is the Girl & Goat folks just opened a diner across the street from the main restaurant. Bayless joints get plenty of well earned respect. Hot Doug's is an iconic lunch spot, particularly on Fridays cuz of the duck fat fries.
    It is called Little Goat and is pretty damn spectacular, and you can actually get in without a ton of trouble. It also has a bar and a bakery off to the side which are both exceptional.

Goddammit! I just got sucked into this retards post who can't even click on the search button.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I hear search function has a killer menu for 55 year old men pretending to be 14 year old Canadians.

There's seriously 2 or 3 very good threads already on this.
    Wait a minute..... Nope don't give any fucks.

And thanks to the people who gave me answers, cuz u know, the search button is way over there.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Congratz to all those on this board lucky enough to live in Chicago, great food, kickass town.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy