Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PUT HER IN... THE COMFY CHAIR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Diabolical laughter ensues!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I my not like my elected officials, but I can vote them out of office.
    ...to be replaced by some other corrupt douchebag puppet. Nice delusion you live in Hut. POWER TO TEH PEOPLE!!!

This thread is actually a big surprise to me: there are never any threads here bashing the Catholic church or Christianity in general. And if there were, hutash would be the last guy to show up with a raging boner to join in on the bashing. Next thing you know, somebody will mention bacon and quote some line from The Big Lebowski! Will wonders never cease?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Next thing you know, somebody will mention bacon and quote some line from The Big Lebowski! Will wonders never cease?
    Oh yeah, Jer bitching about others being predictable and boring. Wonders WILL NEVER CEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Oh yeah, Jer bitching about others being predictable and boring. Wonders WILL NEVER CEASE.
    Vagina is just a little sandy
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    ...to be replaced by some other corrupt douchebag puppet. Nice delusion you live in Hut. POWER TO TEH PEOPLE!!!
    It is still better then not being able to elect our officials. I can only assume you prefer a non-elected police state by your post. Or do you prefer a theocracy?

Bacon, the rug ties the room together. Satisfied?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It is still better then not being able to elect our officials. I can only assume you prefer a non-elected police state by your post. Or do you prefer a theocracy?

Bacon, the rug ties the room together. Satisfied?
    I thought it was pretty well established that I'm a monarchist. Really hut -go to Iran and bitch about religion running the government. Here in America corporations run the government - all your self righteous bitching just makes you look silly. There's nothing wrong with being an atheist - it's when you look down on people who do believe in a god that you become a complete douchebag.

I'm with Jer on this one. Believe what you want, but don't try to sell it to me. Atheists are generally about on a level with Jehovah's Witnesses in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm with Jer on this one. Believe what you want, but don't try to sell it to me. Atheists are generally about on a level with Jehovah's Witnesses in my book.
    I dunno, if the consequences of others' beliefs disrupt your private utopia isn't that good enough for a stand your ground event?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

SALF Atheist Suicide Bomber Kills Eighteen Agnostics

"SALF, and the atheists they claim to represent, believe that there is no god, agnostics believe that there may not be a god. To outsiders, this difference in doctrine seems almost irrelevant; to believers it is a question of life or death. Therefore, such a small difference in doctrine can create such explosive hatreds, divisions and violence.

The spiraling violence has already purged once religiously diverse neighborhoods into homogenous sectarian strongholds of either atheists or agnostics. Strongholds, which, since the latest SALF terrorism, have begun exchanging nightly mortar fire in the escalating conflict that Swedish authorities seem unable to contain.
    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    SALF Atheist Suicide Bomber Kills Eighteen Agnostics

"SALF, and the atheists they claim to represent, believe that there is no god, agnostics believe that there may not be a god. To outsiders, this difference in doctrine seems almost irrelevant; to believers it is a question of life or death. Therefore, such a small difference in doctrine can create such explosive hatreds, divisions and violence.

The spiraling violence has already purged once religiously diverse neighborhoods into homogenous sectarian strongholds of either atheists or agnostics. Strongholds, which, since the latest SALF terrorism, have begun exchanging nightly mortar fire in the escalating conflict that Swedish authorities seem unable to contain.
    "
    That may seem like a simple dispute over nonreligion, but it goes way deeper than that. The fucking Norwegians are actually behind the Swedish agnostics (who actually weren't even in Sweden until the early 20th century). This is really all about Norwegian influence on Swedish soil. The Norwegians have no business interfering in Swedish matters - SALF are merely protecting their national identity from bastard Norsk agnostic userpers. Wegies out!

Again. The Lapine is to Canada what The Onion is to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Again. The Lapine is to Canada what The Onion is to the US.
    Really? Gee thanks Tipp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So there's not nightly mortar fire in Sweden? Bummer.

Stupid fucking Sarcasm Meter on the fritz again, I guess. Never read the article...

Bernie Madoff was way worse than the Catholic Church, just saying.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Bernie Madoff was way worse than the Catholic Church, just saying.
    at least he only figuratively raped people...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Stupid fucking Sarcasm Meter on the fritz again, I guess. Never read the article...
    Well I wasn't being sarcastic. Where do you think I was for a few months last winter? I'm glad at least one news outlet is shining a light on these agnostic Norsk cockroaches.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    at least he only figuratively raped people...
    Add to that all the suicides, even including Bernie's own son.....and Bernie was/is a figurehead in the Jewish community.
    Terje was right.

Moral of this thread(figuratively); institutions are people, not things to be eliminated. The failures of people can be healed by following a positive happy change of character, moral, and intent towards the earth and your neighbors.

Communities of people can influence this mediation. The founding fathers of the USA had tremendous foresight in regards to religion as America's laws allow for all, but limit wackos as best we can.

Going deeper, what we see in Egypt right now IMO, will actually show the process to the eventual demise of a religion. We must pray for the people in Egypt and Syria during this current crisis.
    Last edited by DasBlunt; 07-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Terje was right.

Church. (still trying to bring it back among white people.)
    I still call it The Jake.

The founding fathers of the USA had tremendous hindsight...
    Someday our ancestors will look back on all this and laugh.

Someday our ancestors will look back on all this and laugh.
    You could of just laughed right now!
    Terje was right.

Moral of this thread(figuratively); institutions are people, not things to be eliminated.
    Bullshit. There is such a thing as a sinister institution. The fact that the Catholic Church has always placed arcane dogma and its own status as a worldly, political entity ahead of human rights and basic morality puts them on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Bullshit. There is such a thing as a sinister institution. The fact that the Catholic Church has always placed arcane dogma and its own status as a worldly, political entity ahead of human rights and basic morality puts them on the list.
    One can find any combination of the negative points you make with ANY INSTITUTION that is a thousand-plus years old.

You choose the perspective to profess.
    The message of any faith to MOST, is not your's, dearest Sir.
    Terje was right.