Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

NHL 2013-2014 Season!!!

Just this past Monday night the Stanley Cup was awarded to the Chicago Blackhawks! As crazy as this last season just was, the schedule has backed up right against the new season. Already time to look ahead!

The NHL draft is this Sunday with free agency opening up on July 5th!

Because of the new CBA, every team gets two compliance buyouts. They can spend them this season or next. This will mean the player gets paid out his contract (it might be only 2/3rds) and it does not count against the teams cap. A bought out player cannot be resigned by the same team. He must be away from the team for at least one season. He also becomes FA. George McPhee has already bitched that this isn't fair for teams that played by the rules and did not spend like drunkin sailors.

So far.

Flyers have bought out Daniel Briere and "Mr. Universe" Illya Bryzgalov

and the Lighting have bought out Vinnie Lecavalier. More to come I am sure.

We have new divisions this year with realignment. They are as follows:

Note: Detroit and Columbus are now in the Eastern Conference!

We now get 9 more years of uninterrupted hockey before the next CBA.

Visors are now required for all new players and grandfathered for the already established players. (If you have played a certain amount of games.)

So here we go again. With a new league setting, what will this season bring? How many outdoor games will there be? How will the playoffs work with a new wild card format?

More Winter Classic! More HBO 24/7! More all-stars and ass-hats!!!

Let's Go NHL 2013-2014

Lets Go Caps!!!

Here are your 2012-2013 SC Champs the Chicago Blackhawk

ice girls...
    Last edited by Labcabin; 06-27-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Aren't those divisions the original ones?
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Off season is going to be one of the most interesting in a long long time. The buyout dealio is a once in a generation get out of jail free situation, I imagine lots of talented players are going to be around for relatively cheap.

At the same time a couple of the bigger FA's are asking for lots of money and lots of term. Horton apparently wants 6 a year for 5/6 years, Filpulla wants 5 a year for 4/5 (LOL).

Add in a very deep draft with some fantastic players and its going to be quite the off season for all the GM's.

Whomever ends up with Rasmus Ristolainen is going to get a real steal. Dude is a rare mix of size and skill, not a Lindros mix but still pretty rare.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Ruff coaching in Dallas is going to make things interesting. I think he'll do good things there.
    AV is good for the Rangers.
    I think the Cantnucks are going to be a train wreck with Torts in the wheelhouse.

Is this the first time that two teams have essentially "traded" coaches?
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Last edited by Labcabin; 06-28-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Preds better get Barkov or Drouin.

The Cantucks are shopping Schneider. Wow.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Anyone else watching the draft? Most of these draftees have some hot sisters/moms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    The Cantucks are shopping Schneider. Wow.
    Schneider to the Devils for the 9th pick overall.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Anyone else watching the draft? Most of these draftees have some hot sisters/moms.

Schneider to the Devils for the 9th pick overall.
    Brodeur is playing the last year of his contract.

Seth Jones, whoohoo just what we needed more Dmen!

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    Seth Jones, whoohoo just what we needed more Dmen!
    They had to take him, he's super talented and your glut of dmen is not going to last very long anyways.

Buffalo did well, as did LA.

SJ I'm pretty sure was drunk at the draft they made strange picks and got poor return in trades. Vancouver did well.

The hockey draft though is weird, very strange things happen in the 2-5 years before the vast majority of these guys see the NHL if they even do.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

shinkaruk! top10 @ #24
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
    shinkaruk! top10 @ #24
    He interviewed poorly, apparently teams did not like his responses to what would you improve in your game ?

Sounds crazy, dude is super skilled, Skinner 2.0, if he pots 30 a year I don't care if he's kinda an asshole.

He probably just peaked too early, if you can get super hot at WJC's you'll rise 20 spots in the draft. McCollum who is terrible was a 1st rounder for no other reason.

Pens should sign Ference or Scuderi and trade Letang for wingers, established and prospects. He is an amazing player, but just doesn't make sense with the cap, Sid and Geno.

Surely someone would give something good for him???
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    They had to take him, he's super talented and your glut of dmen is not going to last very long anyways.

Buffalo did well, as did LA.

SJ I'm pretty sure was drunk at the draft they made strange picks and got poor return in trades. Vancouver did well.

The hockey draft though is weird, very strange things happen in the 2-5 years before the vast majority of these guys see the NHL if they even do.
    Yeah you're right. Ditching Gill and Blum today. Kinda disappointed we couldn't get anything for Blum in the market, but so be it. Poile needs to land a top 6 forward badly. Maybe Briere?

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Will be interested to see how the bruins look next year with all the moving pieces.

Nill wasting no time in fixing the personnel abomination Nieuwendyk created. The Bruins are getting a class act and great talent in Eriksson.

the maple leaf logo is boring and not intimidating at all, no wonder they choked
    bF

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Pens should sign Ference or Scuderi and trade Letang for wingers, established and prospects.
    Surely someone would give something good for him???
    Just signed Scuderi! I've been saying for at least 2 years I wish they had never let him get away. The type of D man they haven't had since he left.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Well that's a very specific type.

Looks like we actually got Iginla this time. Looking forward to seeing him out on the ice, I think he's a good fit for the team.

Preds gonna be the first team to win the cup with all 4th line grinders. Majority of wins will come from shootout victories.

Cant believe Iginla signed with the Bs.... 1 year, 6 mil

he IS a good fit

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Actually it's 1.8mill with 4.2mill in performance incentives.

Towards the end of the first day of Development Camp, the Red Group’s ice session was concluding and a young boy wearing a Chicago Blackhawks Jonathan Toews t-shirt jersey walked over to the far end of the stands where Capitals prospects were concluding a drill. Tom Wilson spotted the ten-year-old kid in the seats and did not approve of his attire. Wilson said something to a teammate and then made a gesture to the kid. Wilson then pointed to the Capitals logo on his jersey, implying that the Capitals simply were the better team and the kid should be wearing a Caps shirt.

The child had a simple reply: a shake of the head, no.

Wilson’s teammates cracked up.