Life Insurance Mags

I got a quote for $80/month for $250k. I'm a white male, 34 years old, no high risk factors. This seems high to me. Am I wrong? I don't want to rake in a landfall, just enough to cover the wife-to-be in the event that something happens to me. School me!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

That's as high as giraffe balls. Unless you're in some high risk category it should be significantly less. I'm your age and my half million dollar 20y term policy costs me less than $40/month.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Whoah!!! That's what I was looking for. Holy crap. Canceling now. Tried to hook up a buddy tha was out if work. I can't do that!!

That's higher than a Giraffes balls. I just wrote a policy for someone who is 46, Diabetic, and scuba dives, 1mm for 160 a month.
    Last edited by Cono Este; 06-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.

I am 43 and just signed up for 250K 30 year term locked for $39 per month. They are bending you over. I had to pee and do blood sample though

My old man is thirty years older than me, and he's got a million for $1,700/year. I'm glad I figured this out early. They wanted a full medical exam on me. Seems like a waste of time and effort.

Sounds like they were giving you whole life? The only possible reason you should be paying for whole life is if you're Rich Uncle Pennybags doing some estate planning.

I pay $20 for 10 year term for $250K with NY Life, and it's well documented that they're on the high end of the premium scale. They're stroking you hard

just go here https://www.intelliquote.com/default.asp I plugged in your info and you can get 30 year term guaranteed for $22-$25 per month from A+ rated firms.

I used them for my term ins a couple of months ago pretty painless

agreed that's probably whole life or a scam

I pay that for $2m for 20 year term (I'm a few years older and not white)

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I got a quote for $80/month for $250k. I'm a white male, 34 years old, no high risk factors. This seems high to me. Am I wrong? I don't want to rake in a landfall, just enough to cover the wife-to-be in the event that something happens to me. School me!
    They must have found out you charge big wintertime OB.

I am about to open two policies, one for my wife and one for me $500K each, 20 yrs. She is 27, I am 32. I was qouted $250 a year for mine, not sure yet on hers. I think they come and take blood for it. Anything I shouldn't tell them if they ask? I saw you mention scuba. I dive, ski, hunt, fish, drink booze.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Just be honest. If you're a diver and, god forbid, you die while diving then it won't be particularly difficult for the ins company to determine whether or not you lied during the application process.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Just be honest. If you're a diver and, god forbid, you die while diving then it won't be particularly difficult for the ins company to determine whether or not you lied during the application process.
    +1.

Nothing would be worse than paying for insurance then have it voided once you die from something you lied about. It's especially easy to find out if you lied in the age of social media.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

They hate cave/wreck divers/Nitrox/past 60 feet stuff.