Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th

Hood River Must Do Rides.

MTB and road too. We'll probably do more road. I like flowy XC personally. Nothing terribly gnarly. I've ridden there a bit years ago but don't really remember much. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

For road the mosier tunnels then over to the Rowena curves is pretty much the quintessential ride with epic gorge views. You should be able to google that one.

Mtn wise, I would say that Surveyors Ridge is a pretty classic xc ride with some great views of the valley and mt. Hood. Obviously there is a ton more riding around, but those two are pretty good scenic bang for your buck.

^^^
    What he said + for mountain biking, Syncline is fun and Post Canyon has lot of good riding as well.
    Alpental Indigenous
    Member PNWFSC

if you can, do surveyor's ridge as a shuttle south to north

8 mile's a nice loop, then if you have multiple people in the car flip a coin for who drives and who rides dog river.

if you don't mind a little drive mt st helens is pretty rad as well, ape canyon > plains of abraham > smith creek
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

good bike map for the area avail at local stores too.

Syncline is a good bet. you will like I think.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Got the map but just ended up at Post Canyon about 4 times. Mostly road, some fucking awesome rides there. Stinking hot so that got limiting a bit. Through the tunnels to roweena crest on the last day. Loved that. Trout lake and lost lake loops were awesome with few to no cars. Very good and lots of climbing with lots of nice steady climbs.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy