Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Now that looks like fun!
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Phat air!

Sweet nickers, wherd u git those?
    watch out for snakes

So after a few rides I am zeroing in on 8.5 psi as ideal trail raiding tire pressure.
    watch out for snakes

8.5 is super sweet. Ran it 8.5 rear, 9 front this am on a mix of damp dirt leaves rock root, some snow, and thru some puddles and streams up to a foot deep. I usually always run 9 and 9, but may go to 8.5 rear for good. Amazing how much 1/2 lb can make.

Got a much better mechanical air gauge that is graduated on 1/4 psi increments.

9 was good but 8.5 was best, tried 8 but side wall would wrinkle pretty good. Of course this is on toobs.

Next up is fiddle with my spenshun pressure.
    watch out for snakes

The low gauge is my most favorite bike tool evar.

Running lite tubes in my knards still. No complaints with tubes in 25 years of riding mtb. Ran tubeless once like 12 years ago. Whatevs.

stoked that you got that bike, Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Sweet nickers, wherd u git those?
    I was letting a buddy try my bike out while we session-ed some table tops so he could check out the Bluto, I'm not nearly as stylish

What's the deal to help the build up of shit (aka Salt) when transporting during the winter months. Inside is the obvious answer, but that isn't always an option and makes a mess of the car.

Or maybe I should ask what is the critical things to wipe clean afterwards? Hose is not an option always! I kinda suck at keeping my bike clean anyway. Think minimalist

rape van
    watch out for snakes

Van

Better yet, CRV

where are you riding in salt?

Why not cover the bike with contractor trash bags? I bet if you take the seat off two bags and some tape would work.
    watch out for snakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418701482.640066.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	161497

yeah, inside is nice and all, but my little rig barely fits the fatty...plus how can I look core if my bike isn't showing off to the lessers of the world.

Rog, you realize they salt the roads around here? That is why you don't need snow tires.

I'm a ride from home kind of guy, so don't really have the transportation problem. But I do ride in a lot of shitty conditions, 42 and rain today and find a pocket hose indispensable for winter/fall cleanups.
    My next house will have a heated wash bay in the garage for bikes, dogs and kids.

Bluto doesnt really work in the cold... But I knew that was going to happen. At least I look badass biking downtown for coffee.

Rode mine today at 33F and it worked fine.
    watch out for snakes

Spraying water on a bicycle isn't the best idea. I mean ya it gets wet when you ride in wet shitty conditions (been a lot of that lately), so why add more water to it? When i get in from a wet ride like this morning i ride right into the garage and let it dry on it's own and brush the excess dirt and crap off once it's dry and just flakes off. Then i wipe and lube chain as needed.

Can't help with the road salt issue, but for the shit flying at you off those huge tires, an acquaintance of mine just came out with some simple, low-cost fat bike fenders some of you might be interested in...

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/12/18/...-bikes-and-29/

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Rode mine today at 33F and it worked fine.
    Canada cold eh! Im talking 23F and colder...much colder.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Bluto doesnt really work in the cold... But I knew that was going to happen. At least I look badass biking downtown for coffee.
    Something to consider
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/12/16/...at-bike-forks/

Exchanged some e-mails about these ski mounts last year with these guys, there trying to get 20 folks to pre-order to take them to production, I'm intrigued enough I put an order in. Guess a review is coming out soon on Wildsnow.

http://boobicycles.com/bikes/ski-mounts/

Why would the Bluto work any less/more decently than any other fork in the cold? Speed up your rebound a bit, toss in some lighter oil during an oil swap pre/mid-winter and fucking ride your bike. I don't get why this fork would/will have more issues than other forks.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

the whole bluto phenomenon is quite retahdid. it's a fucking sussy fork. they been around for 25 goddam years.

ride.

^^^
    Warm the last few days. 36F. Amazing how well the bike tracks with the suspension fork. The amount of control is unreal. I was taking lines that wouldnt be possible on my old rigid pugsley... Hows that for a suspension review from 25 yrs ago!

I'm taking -2F and colder. Performance is not optimal. But like I said earlier I look badass going to the coffee shop or to pick up some beer. And I'm doing my part to drive the industry or some shit like that... What I really wish is that when I first got my bike there was a decent 150 mm rigid fork. All I could find was a Surly. I really wanted carbon though. (poor me...) Then i could have sold the Bluto to someone who is building up a trail fatty.

Side note... Loving the Rocky Mountain. Rode along a frozen river and a lake as our valley bottom trails are super icy from rain last week. Beautiful ride. I really need to stop and take more pics....