Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Pulled the trigger on a Surly ICT Ops. Could not resist the deal.
    Got some new lights coming, singletrack grooming in American Fork Canyon and Corner Canyon (not to mention La Sals, Cache Creek and Targhee)...much excite!

^^sick deals from the whisky chugging boys at surly right now

Got my spare Rolly D wheels shod with studded rubber ready 2 go. Dual purpose Pugs on deck.

Knot to be nosey but how much for the ICT ops? Trying to talk a buddy into fats and a good price could sweep him off da fence.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Knot to be nosey but how much for the ICT ops? Trying to talk a buddy into fats and a good price could sweep him off da fence.
    1199 I think, surly blog has a post about price drops on those and pugs too.

Surly Omniterra bikes on sale!

Pugsley now costs a paltry $899.00

Pug SS, $799.00

Pug Ops, a meager $999.00

Moonlanders, $1199.00

Ice Cream Truck Ops, $1199.00

ICTs were getting low when I ordered on Monday, but I imagine there will be a bunch out in the world at these good prices.

Groomed trails would be sweet!

Enjoy!

Are you fat? Do you like it? What would you do different next time?

https://neworleans.craigslist.org/bik/5362999800.html

Thoughts? I figure he'd take $800. Again. Total newb here. I'd still have to ride it of course. I think I might like to go fat moving to the MS beaches and all.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    https://neworleans.craigslist.org/bik/5362999800.html

Thoughts? I figure he'd take $800. Again. Total newb here. I'd still have to ride it of course. I think I might like to go fat moving to the MS beaches and all.

Just get a new one. I'd get one with at least 3.8"s

Yes, a fat on the beach will help make living in MS tolerable.
    A dog would probably help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Just get a new one. I'd get one with at least 3.8"s

Yes, a fat on the beach will help make living in MS tolerable.
    A dog would probably help too.
    Is it that important to buy a new bike vs a well maintained used one?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Surly Omniterra bikes on sale!

Pugsley now costs a paltry $899.00

Pug SS, $799.00

Pug Ops, a meager $999.00

Moonlanders, $1199.00

Ice Cream Truck Ops, $1199.00

ICTs were getting low when I ordered on Monday, but I imagine there will be a bunch out in the world at these good prices.
    Look at the prices of new ones.

Is it that important to buy a new bike vs a well maintained used one?
    He's asking as much as a new one and it also has relatively skinny tires for the beach. Is he going to give you a warranty?
    Buying new, you can ride a bunch of different bikes, in different sizes and find the one that fits.

Lights and a fat bike. Welcome to winter.

When the skiing sucks, there's always plan B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1450301364.409562.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	392.1 KB 
ID:	173484  
    Last edited by VTsession; 12-16-2015 at 05:10 PM.

Are you fat? Do you like it? What would you do different next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Look at the prices of new ones.

He's asking as much as a new one and it also has relatively skinny tires for the beach. Is he going to give you a warranty?
    Buying new, you can ride a bunch of different bikes, in different sizes and find the one that fits.
    No linky. Not sure where he's seeing those prices.
    Last edited by guroo270; 12-16-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Local bike shops.

Anyone ever heard of Moose Bicycle? They have a fat bike for 1099CAD, wondering if it is on par with Walmart bikes or is it worth looking at?
    http://moosebicycle.com/index.php/bi...FQ6Sfgod_MwCSg
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Anyone ever heard of Moose Bicycle? They have a fat bike for 1099CAD, wondering if it is on par with Walmart bikes or is it worth looking at?
    Budget fat bikes are probably going be quite heavy but if that's not a concern, the price is right for a bike you won't be riding everyday. That one also has 5 inch tires, which are really ideal for snow but not so much for trail riding. I've heard mixed things about those complete fat bikes that hover around $1000. Some use them and love them, others have had issues with quality.

Considering most fat bikes aren't being thrashed everyday, it might not be a bad idea to poke around for a higher quality, lightly used one.

Yeah, I bought the 1st gen Kona and it is a tank. Changing tubes, tires, handlebars, and derailleur has helped tremendously, but she is still a tank. I guess I really don't care though...sometimes I think I should, but then I realize how I use the bike and it really doesn't matter. For me it's just to spin in the snow or a 'bar' bike running the dog around.

Not to say that I wouldn't want a full squish 'nice' fatty for 'real' riding also. Then again, looking at the mid-fat 650b or whatever they're called, I'd like one of those also.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Local bike shops.
    Dang! Stopped by my local shop today and they're out of ice cream trucks at those deals. That's a shame. I wonder how different the moon lander is. They still have some of those.

Don't get a moonlander, they are tanks. Unless the primary use will be on snow I found them to be too sluggish. You can get a great deal on a 1 or 2 year old used nice fatty that has barely been used. Look for 907's or Fatboys, ya know bikes that were intended to be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Don't get a moonlander, they are tanks. Unless the primary use will be on snow I found them to be too sluggish. You can get a great deal on a 1 or 2 year old used nice fatty that has barely been used. Look for 907's or Fatboys, ya know bikes that were intended to be FUN.
    Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    The frame looks like the same as the KHS 4 Season line of bikes. Not great, but not bad.

http://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2015-kh...season-500-15/

As others have said, It's likely quite heavy, but not a bad starter bike. Expect to ride it for the season, and dump it for something (slightly) lighter next season.

FWIW, I started out with an OG Pugsley and moved into a Framed Alaskan a few years later. Both are bomber bikes for the price.

http://www.framedbikes.com/ak-shimano-series/

Thanks for the input.
    Don't get me wrong, they're great bikes but (imho) they have a limited focus. The Pugs and Moonies are more utility oriented now. They were the shiz for a while but we've moved forward and they haven't. They're still fun but different...

Curious to see what Surly replaces the pugs with for next year. Or maybe they will just keep it to the Wednesday and blue ICT. I love my necro pugs but really wish I could run a 4.8" (Lou) on the back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1451270527.811222.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	174034
    2nd mission out on the ICT Ops. 2 rides in. Embarrassingly giggly when riding it. Good times.

Feels like good old time mountain biking. When everything was harder and a little sketchy at speed.

I'm gonna need some 5" tires.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1451270527.811222.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	174034
    Embarrassingly giggly when riding it. Good times.

Feels like good old time mountain biking. When everything was harder and a little sketchy at speed.
    Same exact feeling I got, riding my first clunker in 1978.
    Fatties are fun!

Go carbon! Carbon fatty frames from China are about 600 now. eBay and some other online options.

fucking the 2-4,000USD fatty build in the ass.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel